3D Printing is gonna benefit this hobby of mine...

We all have a drawer/shelf/closet full of old watercooling parts that have migrated through our systems and been sent to the trophy shelf. (Okay maybe we don't all have that but I do.)

Over the few years I've been into watercooling, I've needed on occasion to plumb up a loop to test a watercooled component outside the case, or needed to fire up a processor that I didn't have a HSF for. While having all those spare watercooling parts made it possible, it certainly was inconvenient to strew everything across the table to do it.

Lo and behold, with a custom-designed 3D printed baseplate courtesy of my week-old Creality CR-10S, a pile of spare parts becomes a standalone cooling/filtration system with a pump, res, rad, fan, speed controller and mesh filter! Gotta plumb it up with some QDCs and wire it, but all the parts fit!

IMG_20190124_225518343.jpg
IMG_20190124_225540548.jpg

3d printing is a big help indeed!!!

BTW, I also have that Aquacomputer mesh filter, and I've found out that it's useless.:oops: A good flushing of new parts ensures no loose particle messes with you water pump. Looks cool though

20190126_143433.jpg

Looks awesome, would love to use something like that for an Ncase build.

Back