ATI Radeon HD 5830: P14014/17298
ATI Radeon HD 5770: P11017/16358
ATI Radeon HD 5750: P9124/14966

NVIDIA

GeForce GTX 480: P18376/19671
GeForce GTX 460 (256-bit & 1 Gt): P13623/18601
GeForce GTX 460 (192-bit & 768 Mt): P13386/18259
GeForce GTS 450: P9792/15793

leaked on http://www.eteknix.com/news/radeon-hd-6800-performance-figures-leaked-221/

Fitting in line with rumours saying where performance would be, now just wondering what $ !

Pricing should be competitive with equivalent Nvidia parts performance wise. Factor in the fact that Barts is a considerably smaller chip than GF104 (GTX460). Hell even Cypress (HD5850/5870) is smaller than GF104 and AMD has quite a bit of room to price this low enough and still make a profit. Ideally I'd like to see that 6870 performance for a 5830 price, but I think that's stretching it a little.

All of this only makes me want to see what Cayman is going to be like.

If these figures are right, AMD will gain back some ground from the GTX 460. They're also going to cannibalize sales for every one of their own cards from the 5850 down to the 5750, so they better get the high end parts out ASAP so that they're not picking on themselves.

What's the word on the street regarding possible availability of Cayman? Any juicy rumors?

For the most part, I've heard November for the Caymen launch. But there was also some talk of it not being available until early 2011. Like the rest of 6xxx series, there's a bunch of conflicting rumors going around for Caymen.

They're also going to cannibalize sales for every one of their own cards from the 5850 down to the 5750, so they better get the high end parts out ASAP so that they're not picking on themselves.

Actually that is a pretty interesting situation and I don't think there will be much cannibalizing. Here's why.
AMD is the graphics provider for the Apple iMac using HD5670s (Redwood) and HD5750s(Juniper), and the Mac Pro HD5770s (Juniper). This is a huge amount of GPUs so they are still going to keep making those chips until Apple decides to upgrade them and shops around for a graphics provider again. This is one of the reasons why you keep hearing AMD is supply constrained by the way. The other is because Cypress is also selling just as well.

So, all AMD needs to do is stop making Cypress and transition to making Barts and Cayman in the future and let whatever is already in the channel trickle out similar to what Nvidia planned to do with the GTX2xx series to Fermi transition. The only difference is AMD actually has their chips ready and not delayed like Fermi was.

I feel sorry for anyone who waited for these cards.

i feel sorry for anyone that feels sorry for some one else about a product they failed to read about...

let the typical PRIME1 flame war commence.. since thats all he's really here for..

I have a feeling overclocking is going to be what makes these chips even more desirable. Perhaps that 6870 will beat 5870 with both overclocked to the maximum. That would make this chip very worthwhile.Not to mention if AMD does the right thing and puts the prices at the right spot.

Who knows what is possible but with the architecture on the 6000 series they should achieve great results on increased clocks. Whether they'll actually overclock well is a mystery, but if they do that might be the true draw to these cards.

wow didn't take long for a retarded post to show up in this thread......I feel sorry for the people that got single fermi cards that were after 7 months of delay only on par with what ATi released LAST YEAR....

wow didn't take long for a retarded post to show up in this thread......I feel sorry for the people that got single fermi cards that were after 7 months of delay only on par with what ATi released LAST YEAR....

<insert angry/supporting comment>

Are you here simply to antagonize ATI users? I haven't been here that long (though I've lurked), but that's the impression I'm getting. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, why do you feel sorry for people who waited on this card, particularly after reflecting upon those results?

Last edited:
if these numbers are correct, the cheeky move by AMD would be to price the cards exactly at the price points of the 460 gtx cards.

if these numbers are correct, the cheeky move by AMD would be to price the cards exactly at the price points of the 460 gtx cards.

That's what I'm hoping, and there is precedent to that already. Shortly after the GTS450 was released AMD lowered prices of the 5770 to match it even though the 5770 was faster.

I still consider crappy the naming scheme if it is real.

Sure it won't affect US, but average joe is gonna get his ass kicked hard if the scheme is true.

I still consider crappy the naming scheme if it is real.

Sure it won't affect US, but average joe is gonna get his ass kicked hard if the scheme is true.

Your logic fails. An average Joe never buys $400 video cards much less replace them with $200 ones thinking it will be an upgrade.

Heh, average joes can have some cash, seen them before.

Average Joe in this case just means someone not that into the technical aspect, just wants the "latest and greatest", and for them usually higher number = better!!!...

In any case, IF the naming scheme is real, it will be a poor decision no matter what.

Your logic fails. An average Joe never buys $400 video cards much less replace them with $200 ones thinking it will be an upgrade.

No. Usually this average joe with a lot of money to spend will come in and say give me the best you have. So it aint his call. Its the store's call..usually.

You guys are forgetting that average Joe will see the Radeon HD6970 and not the Radeon HD6870 as the top choice when they walk into a store. Barts is not the only chip being released before the year is over. Cayman Pro/XT (Radeon HD69xx) is being released next month, and Antilles the dual chip replacement of the 5970 in December.

Last edited:
and if Average Joe doesn't do any research he gets what he deserves, caveat emptor i say. This is what i think ATI is planning
5770 (probably higher spec mem etc) -> 6770
6770 (barts) -> 6870
5870 -> 6890

etc, makes sense to me anyway.

If those numbers are try Nvidia wont be selling anything this Christmas.

If those numbers are try Nvidia wont be selling anything this Christmas.

Depends. NV may be able to refresh their lineup with some kind of minor enhancement to Fermi, perhaps removing the unnecessary GPGPU stuff and somehow improving the efficiency of the shaders. They could also drop prices, and you'll likely be seeing that as soon as the ATI cards are out.

Depends. NV may be able to refresh their lineup with some kind of minor enhancement to Fermi, perhaps removing the unnecessary GPGPU stuff and somehow improving the efficiency of the shaders. They could also drop prices, and you'll likely be seeing that as soon as the ATI cards are out.

Everything that you just described (changes to the chip and price cuts) already happened. It is called GF104 (GTX460). And no, they don't have anything coming out this year other than the low end cards which just came out. There were rumors a few months back of a dual GF104 card but since then there have been no details.

and some prices are leaking out follow lik here: http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/hardware/31065/radeon-hd-6850-hd-6870-get-listed-real-clocks-confirmed

For those not wanting follow link:

EU 189 - 6850 (so guessing $199-$225) - going to beat 460 ?
EU 255 - 6870 (so guessing $275-$295) - going to beat 470 ?

Looks like 900mhz clock and 256 bit memory interface are confirmed with this.

Mhm that's pricey, more than I was hoping for. Need to see USD numbers, as we know generally the prices in the EU are higher than US.

So I checked prices between that site and Newegg using the Asus TOP models for comparison (Euro prices in red, U.S. prices in cyan). Question marks denote guesstimated price.

Asus GTX460 TOP 768MB === EU &#8364;189.00 == US $174.99
Asus GTX460 TOP 1GB ===== EU &#8364;239.00 == US $244.99
Asus HD5850 TOP 1GB ===== EU &#8364;279.00 == US $279.99
Sapphire HD6850 1GB ====== EU &#8364;189.00 == US $174.99??
Sapphire HD6870 1GB ====== EU &#8364;255.00 == US $???.??

Wowsa a card that beats a 460 GTX 1g and is cheaper then a 460 GTX 1g....what is not to like.

Sounds awesome. Hopefully the prices are accurate.

Hopefully people waited for these babies

Just had to rub it in, didn't you.......:mad:

Surprised people are still measuring GPU performance with 3D Mark. It has been misleading on both ends far to many times. Will wait to see some real world ingame performance numbers first to see where they hold up.

Back