3D Artist of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Don't have the money to take a Lamborghini Aventador for a few laps around Nürburgring? Do what this guy did and recreate the experience in 3D from the safety of your desk. Be honest, If you didn't see both pictures, you wouldn't know this wasn't real. Hit the link to see more of this guy's work.

super impressive. This also make me think of what the future holds.

Case in point. Go play a NES game from 25 years ago, now, look at where we are today. Can you imagine how lifelike and fluid games will be in the future? Oh man.

The cloth and the helmet look real but out the windshield the other car looks more three dimensional in the ambient occlusion pass. It looks like it was rendered for a movie screen 2.35 to 1 and simply squished to a narrower pixel size. Which might why the image looks cramped instead of roomy. That one normally looks really roomy. Here is shot of the interior of the car. Still for a video game that would look great.

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/s...i/model/aventador/aventador-coupe/intern2.jpg

Ah... Platige guys do some amazing work. All Witcher videos, HALO 5, Total War among many others. Right up there with Blur for some of the best CGI, IMO.

The Porsche dimensions are incorrect and the tires aren't turned correctly. But the in car detail work is impressive as can be.

super impressive. This also make me think of what the future holds.

Case in point. Go play a NES game from 25 years ago, now, look at where we are today. Can you imagine how lifelike and fluid games will be in the future? Oh man.

Better yet, play an Atari 2600 game from 35 years ago and then compare it with modern PC games.

Better yet, play an Atari 2600 game from 35 years ago and then compare it with modern PC games.

Trust me, I have. I'm 48. When I was a kid, Atari 2600 was all the rage. We only had 1 game maybe 2 or 3, I can't remember but I begged and begged my mom to buy River Raid at a Walgreens for $19.99 and she did. I played the holy hell out of that game. Btw, I just looked up what $20 dollars translates to in the early 1980's and it's around $70 dollars! Good looking out mom! Damn we were poor. That was a lot of money for her.

Another cool thing is when I was a kid in very early 1980's, Intellivision was out and in the Malls. We would go to a Sears and play Adventure and it was so cool. This is back when you had those handheld Mattel Football games of which we had one. I even had a little Pacman arcade game that I played a lot of.

Yes, things have come a very very long way.

Pretty awesome work right there. Dude has some talent. Sure you can find a few give aways to tell it's not real but at initial glance most of his portfolio one would never know it was not a photograph.
The only thing I am really that good at is complaining, I have achieved expert level.

This is back when you had those handheld Mattel Football games of which we had one.
Yes, things have come a very very long way.

I still have my Coleco Electronic Quarterback handheld. Disconnected the speaker so we could play 2 player games in class, passing it back and forth. Teached didn't catch on or didn't care. :)

The cloth and the helmet look real but out the windshield the other car looks more three dimensional in the ambient occlusion pass. It looks like it was rendered for a movie screen 2.35 to 1 and simply squished to a narrower pixel size. Which might why the image looks cramped instead of roomy. That one normally looks really roomy. Here is shot of the interior of the car. Still for a video game that would look great.

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/s...i/model/aventador/aventador-coupe/intern2.jpg

Ummm. Different lense and view. Of course it will look different. The shot you showed has no angle and no view of outside of the interior. If you've ever been in a Lamborghini, squished is exactly what you would feel.

I have sat in a couple lambos, the drivers seat had room for one of my female friends to sit in my lap, it was her car. Though I only got to sit there when she wanted to try that out. The rest of the time, it was no you can not drive, you drive like a manic over here. This was after I learned to drive stick. lol. In Italy the roads half the time are these little narrow country roads that are not safe to drive over the eighty kph but that is only fifty mph or so... Lambos are wide cars, Europe has wider major roads most of the time, so some of the faster cars are designed for eight foot wide roads not the five feet that is targeted in the USA. So yes that picture does not help much but the pictures I have the people in them are in a state of undress and to put it bluntly none of your biz. If the women share them that is on them but I am not going to share them with some random stranger. So I doubt unless you weigh three hundred lbs and are six and half feet tall that you ever sat in one.

Back