390X coming soon few weeks

I'm convinced the early 9590 pricing was just proof someone at AMD had a sense of humor, the CPU itself was basically a giant middle finger to the world. And a very functional one too, I enjoyed mine. And I didn't pay a grand for it.

Zarathustra[H];1041617040 said:
Two things:

1.) Is the game actually playable at those settings? If not, then not having sufficient RAM to do it is kind of a moot point.

2.) Just because RAM is used doesn't mean it is needed. the VRAM on video cards is continuous updated throughout its use. Textures that are needed are loaded in, and ones that are no longer needed are expunged.

T

Not sure why people talk 4k gaming.
current titanx cant sustain 60 fps at 1920x1080 witcher 3 and sits with 9gb ram not used doing nothing. a 1200 euro card and it still cant do that seems at best a bad buy to me.

Issue atm we dont know how the fiji card will perform but it seems amd have it with good confidence they handled it.

few weeks to go.

I am surprised how close to chest AMDh has kept these cards and we have had nothing but rumors that no one seems to be sure about. Before we used to have bunch of leaked benches and numbers. At least I give kudos to amd in that regard they have kept everyone guessing so far atleast when it comes to potential true specs and performance

Not sure why people talk 4k gaming.
current titanx cant sustain 60 fps at 1920x1080 witcher 3 and sits with 9gb ram not used doing nothing. a 1200 euro card and it still cant do that seems at best a bad buy to me.

Issue atm we dont know how the fiji card will perform but it seems amd have it with good confidence they handled it.

few weeks to go.

Are you serious a Titan X can't hold 60fps only @ 1080p and it costs $1500 AUD. That is just rubbish, definatly waiting for the AMD.

rR49QCW.png

Via @repi again.

"This new island is one seriously impressive and sweet GPU. wow & thanks @AMDRadeon ! They will be put to good use :) "

I'm guessing AMD explicitly gave him permission to post that.
Not a huge leak since we had the image from the old slides already.

Any guess what that port it is @ the bottom of the pic.

i see no fans whatsoever.

odd, full cover water block?
There are fan exhausts on the back, they might have a tiny little blower for the VRM's in there.

Benchmarks mofos, do you have it? I'm willing to settle for 4GB if it beats 980TI in 4k.

This is gonna be confusing, 980 ti OC can beat TX, but what about vs a TX OC, I wanna see that.

They don't need an uber switch if it's on water.
I guess it could just be a dual bios card.

Why not? It is an added feature with multiple benefits...
You have a stock/default setting and then you have a switch which allows modders and overclockers to go to town.
It is also very nice to have when updating/modding bios, you know so you don't brick your card.

The 290X's switch was just a fan curve.
Since AMD is planning to release this beast as a premium card, makes sense they brought back the bios switch.

Dual bios switches are usually on the top of the card near the old crossfire connector.

The Uber switch was unique, as it was a feature that they marketed.

Who cares if it cost less than the Titan X. For all intents and purposes, it's a cheaper Titan X while allowing the X owner to still claim supremacy. Twice as fast as the 970 at over twice the cost is where we want. It's like 970 vs 980 value wise.

AMD has been "confident" before.

Remember that guy JF-AMD (I know bulldozer) who worked for AMD's server marketing department who was posting about how great and high performing Bulldozer would be, leading up to the Bulldozer launch?

Yeah, that turned out to be an epic fail.

I'm not saying the 390x won't be awesome. It might be fantastic. It's just that AMD pre-release rumors don't get me excited very much anymore, because I've seen them before...

I'll wait until there are final products reviewed and tested before making any judgments.

Last edited:
WE NEED MOAR DATA.

In few weeks.

Really ? I really hope you deliver AMD, because ,you know... NVIDIA is tripping balls right now.

We need another 9700pro !

We need the 390X for 499$ !

Benchmarks need to be leaked or released or they are going to lose sales to the Ti. A lot of people simply don't believe 4gb HBM is sufficient for 4k and will immediately go for the Ti with 6gb.

Zarathustra[H];1041618241 said:
Woot.

The next island will perform great in the next Call of Modern Battlefield... :rolleyes:

DICE will be releasing Battlefront 3 and possibly Mirror's Edge 2 before Battlefield 5.

Also another important facet of AMDs push with DICE/EA is that Frostbite will be one of EAs widely used internal engines along with Ignite.

DICE will be releasing Battlefront 3 and possibly Mirror's Edge 2 before Battlefield 5.

Also another important facet of AMDs push with DICE/EA is that Frostbite will be one of EAs widely used internal engines along with Ignite.

I have yet to see anything DICE/Frostbite based released or announced that is even remotely interesting. I doubt that will change in the immediate future :p

AMD would be better off giving their development samples to a good smaller developer working on PC exclusives.

Here's to hoping this thing blows the Titan x and 980 ti away for the good of the consumer and amd. I really am hoping it does

Zarathustra[H];1041618278 said:
I have yet to see anything DICE/Frostbite based released or announced that is even remotely interesting. I doubt that will change in the immediate future :p

Well that's certainly subjective and fair enough (although personally Mirror's Edge 2 and the upcoming Mass Effect are games I'm looking at) but it's a rather high profile partnership.

[QUOTE='Zarathustra[H]
AMD would be better off giving their development samples to a good smaller developer working on PC exclusives.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that necessarily means a better end product for PC gamers but certainly a less notable one to tie-in with - http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lichdom-battlemage

Back