$37.99 xbox wireless controller for windows + FS @ Egg

I have 2 chinese ones from DX and they SUCK. Installing the drivers for it are a PITA and the official drivers don't work so good luck. I wish I could find the official ones somewhere. I need 2 more.

Wow, I thought Microsoft wasn't making these anymore. Hmm, considering picking one up for a spare.

Wow, I thought Microsoft wasn't making these anymore. Hmm, considering picking one up for a spare.

They discontinued selling the Receiver seperately, but they still sell the bundled one.

is this a good deal? I use a wired xbox controller for my pc and it works great. paid $15.99 for it on ebay.

This is a warm deal, but unfortunately the wireless controller is always a bit too much unless you're using this for a HTPC. For any regular desktop or laptop, the wired version saves you around $20.

Agreed. As an owner of two HTPCs, these things are worth every penny.

This is about as cheap as the package gets though

Yea, the deal isnt super hot, but the product itself is pretty solid. I don't use it very often, but when I do happen to pull it out I haven't had any complaints.

I don't always game with a controller, but when I do, I prefer an xbox 360 wireless controller.

This deal rocks if you need or like having wireless. I often times have my PC connected to my HDTV and chill on the couch playing games. Works just like a console, and there are quite a few games out anymore that are far better with a gamepad than keyboard and mouse.

These controllers are my favorite to use with my PC but the receivers for these fail frequently. Mine were 100% Microsoft as I got them from ClubBing back when you could get them free for playing their dumb games. Both receivers have failed on me. The first one having failed after a few weeks. Microsoft never provided any warranty for the receivers according to their support. I still think its a good product when it works but my luck with durability has been very poor. From what I understand there is a fuse on the receiver the goes out pretty easily and can be replaced or bypassed if you are willing to risk on protection from static discharge. I can't complain too much cause they were free for the most part but anyone paying for them should know.

This is a warm deal, as others have said one of the main reasons to buy this is to get the receiver which, when sold separately, is often a terrible chinese knock off. I bought a legit one from Amazon but you have to be careful which 3rd party you buy it from. The only legit ones are pulls from this controller/receiver combo packaging as Microsoft does NOT sell them separately. Without one of those you cannot use on your PC, for example, the 360 Wireless Racing Wheel, which also itself is not sold at retail anymore and does not itself come with a receiver.

This is the lowest price I've seen for a controller and receiver in, uh, forever.

That said, I don't sit that far away from my PC, at all, but I don't want to have to deal with the wire so I'm juuuuuust almost willing to pull the trigger on this.

I have 2 chinese ones from DX and they SUCK. Installing the drivers for it are a PITA and the official drivers don't work so good luck. I wish I could find the official ones somewhere. I need 2 more.

Mine works great with microsoft drivers. Maybe I just got lucky though.

This is the lowest price I've seen for a controller and receiver in, uh, forever.

That said, I don't sit that far away from my PC, at all, but I don't want to have to deal with the wire so I'm juuuuuust almost willing to pull the trigger on this.

It was this price for a week a few months ago. Amazon price matched it until newegg went out of stock...

I was going to buy one, but they want 18.99 for shipping. No thanks.

Thanks for the info OP.

Back