360mm EK AIO - Variants

localhost

n00b
1) Anyone ever used the 360mm EK AIO Basic before? How is the thermal cooling and quality build on it? I think I have seen a GN video where the hoses come out very easily. Is this true and will this be an issue? Anyone who has this please share your thoughts and experience.

2) How about other variants? Which are good, high quality and what are the differences between them? Any variants that are bad?

- 360mm EK AIO Basic
- 360mm EK AIO D-RGB
- 360mm EK Elite Aurum D-RGB

Thanks.

I have the 360mm EK AIO Basic. I love it.. to me the build quality seems spot on. Temps dropped from max 95c on my MSI AIO to a solid 75 (just PBO enabled, no OC) on the EK with my 5900x. No issues with the hoses...

I have the 360mm Basic also. When I looked at it, the Basic, D-RGB, and Elite D-RGB all had the same radiator pump set up (plus or minus RGB). The difference was the fans included in the package. The Basic had 3 non-RGB fans, the D-RGB had 3 RGB fans, and the Elite had 6 D-RGB fans.

I'm not sure what the Aurum version brings to the table. It wasn't available when I was researching.

I never had any quality control issues with my Basic. I think it was ~$100, so I thought it was a pretty good deal since I didn't need RGB stuff.

I have the 360 RGB. I pulled off the Vardar fans and replaced them with Phanteks T30-120. Much quieter and moves more air and cools really well. Have had it over a year with no issue. Run the pump at 70%.

Last edited:
It's mostly different aesthetics. In terms of functionality, the elite versions have fans in push/pull which might knock a couple of degrees off, and they have a higher max speed for the pump, but from what I'm reading most people run the regular version at 65-80% and the elite version at around 50% because of noise and little-no gain going higher.

Back