360 Gamerscore

IcedEmotion said:
Man that's pretty low. Are you new to games?

If playing games for the past 20 years would be considered "new" I guess so. :p

I just got a 360 a few weeks ago, and like I said I don't go out of my way to get achievements.
 
Kick ass marketing if you ask me, great way to keep people wanting to play and buy more games.

Some people may not be affected by this, but i can tell you that theres more people who are than arent.
 
Iratus said:
Course there is, just rent EA Sports games, 1000 points for each game in an evening easy :)

But that's not cheating, that's just taking advantage of specific titles that hand out achievements like candy at a parade.
 
beanman101283 said:
Lazy... Get crackin! :p



I haven't gotten to that point yet. I've never liked sports games so i don't think i'll be trying Madden out, even for achievement points. I'm not going to deliberately put myself through a crappy game or one i'm reasonably sure i won't like (even if it's good quality) just for the points.
I borrowed Madden from one of my mates for a week before he ebay'd his copy (I'm in the UK, and know Jack about American Football, in fact I don't follow sports at all).

I got all the achievements for it in 1 week, and you know what? I found I really enjoyed the game (except for the simulate 30 seasons bit)
 
raysaber.png


I guess thats a decent score (I have 8 games). Some games that I have like Burnout require you to be pretty much perfect to get any achievements while some like Perfect Dark Zero have a ton that are multiplayer based (I really don't play the game online at all..not for me).
 
Steve said:
Not only that, you just played a game you normally wouldn't have played...Gamerscore points have broadened your horizons :)

really good point here.. sometimes people get stuck in their narrow vision of what games they think they like and never deviate from it, but things like that can open your mind and introduce you to other genres that you though you'd never like but actually do..
 



I've had mine a while, But I can't play it too much because of my work schedule and work locations(I'm currently 540 km north of Murmansk), so I play when I can. Some games, I go for all the achievements. Others, I just get them when I get them.

I wish they would come up with some way to use the points. Like every 500 gives you 100 credits on the marketplace or something.
 
junehhan said:
I'm at 11424 right now. To be fair though, i've had my console since launch day.


So have I but im only at 6120. But i dont rent games either, Im sure that would help me out.
 
hotsoda.png

Don't laugh. I only have Ghost Recon and Dead Rising, and I just started playing a few days ago.
 
B. W. said:
hotsoda.png

Don't laugh. I only have Ghost Recon and Dead Rising, and I just started playing a few days ago.

Wow, what a f@%$king loser!
;)
 
Wondernerd said:
I wish they would come up with some way to use the points. Like every 500 gives you 100 credits on the marketplace or something.

There would be major problems if they started giving monetary rewards for getting points. Especially since there aren't guidelines for how you can acquire points. Then you'd find people trying to find ways to exploit the system.
 
Ikazu.png


I have had my 360 since Feb.... I don't play to get achievements really, actually I dont play much at all except on live when I have the time.
 
Wondernerd said:
I wish they would come up with some way to use the points. Like every 500 gives you 100 credits on the marketplace or something.
That's the problem. Gamerscores don't mean anything if you don't make them mean something. If I'm only going to play a game every other night, why should I care about a number next to my gamertag?

There would be problems with converting gamerscores to money, but it would make them a lot more useful.
 
10,000 is pretty common now, I remember when it was some high unattainable number. Mine is just over 11k now I think.

I'd like to see Microsoft do something useful with the gamerscore thing, but I doubt it'll happen, and it would be hard to regulate.

I guess my score could be a lot higher, but I don't like sports games, I tried Madden2k6 for all of 5 minutes and hated it so I didn't even bother getting any achievements in that because I didn't want to play it.
 
JethroXP said:
There is no way to "cheat" your gamerscore higher.

so using a device to remove a saved game that someone has done and then download said game save and put it on your xbox 360 fire the game up and play one game and unlock 1000 points isnt considered cheating????
 
Filter said:
so using a device to remove a saved game that someone has done and then download said game save and put it on your xbox 360 fire the game up and play one game and unlock 1000 points isnt considered cheating????

No. It's called "skill." Don't you know that if anyone has more points than you (regardless of how they obtained them), they're simply more skilled at not only gaming, but LIFE in general?!? If you have a low gamerscore just admit it, you're a pathetic loser and you should quit life.
 
mdk30 said:
No. It's called "skill." Don't you know that if anyone has more points than you (regardless of how they obtained them), they're simply more skilled at not only gaming, but LIFE in general?!? If you have a low gamerscore just admit it, you're a pathetic loser and you should quit life.
Now excuse me while I drown myself in the nearest river.
 
Back
Top