360 controller killing Mario

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I'm trying to play through the best game ever Super Mario World and my 360 controller keeps killing me. Sometimes my little man continues running after I tell him to stop. But most of the time my 360 controller just turns itself off. It is a sad thing to not be able to play. I can leave my controller sitting beside me on the sofa withouth it turning off but for some reason it seems to cut out when playing which requires me to restart the emulator to regain functionality. Turning on the 360 desktop app does not seem to have any effect. Does anyone have any suggestions, an alternative app?

I will be ordering a retro controller for each nintendo console (NES, SNES, N64) the next time I go to China (£1-3 each). I should not have these issues with my 360 cotroller but I don't really know the cause of the problem.

So, I'm trying to play through the best game ever Super Mario World and my 360 controller keeps killing me. Sometimes my little man continues running after I tell him to stop. But most of the time my 360 controller just turns itself off. It is a sad thing to not be able to play. I can leave my controller sitting beside me on the sofa withouth it turning off but for some reason it seems to cut out when playing which requires me to restart the emulator to regain functionality. Turning on the 360 desktop app does not seem to have any effect. Does anyone have any suggestions, an alternative app?

Adjust the deadzones in your emulator and maybe your battery pack is loose or going bad? Depends on what you're using. If it's a wired 360 controller then the cable might be going bad which is common on those things.

Adjust the deadzones in your emulator and maybe your battery pack is loose or going bad? Depends on what you're using. If it's a wired 360 controller then the cable might be going bad which is common on those things.

zsnes has no deadzone calibration. It is a wireless controller as I'm having issues with it disconnecting. The battery pack is not an issue as it doesn't disconnect when playing games with official 360 controller support.

zsnes has no deadzone calibration. It is a wireless controller as I'm having issues with it disconnecting. The battery pack is not an issue as it doesn't disconnect when playing games with official 360 controller support.

You say it never disconnects with official games. Could be the emulator isn't working properly with the drivers. Try 3rd party xbox controller drivers?

If it disconnects with regular games it usually means I need to through new batteries in the controller. I have an official 360 controller for windows and use the official xbox app. I have not found any way to change the controller plug in for older emulators. I'm wondering if there is a third part replacement for the official 360 controller app that would prevent the controller from timing out and auto-disconnecting. I always pop the battery after playing to turn the controller off.

You say it never disconnects with official games. Could be the emulator isn't working properly with the drivers. Try 3rd party xbox controller drivers?

... that is what I'm asking for. Does anyone know of any good 3rd party drivers that would prevent the controller from timing out?

There are a couple I just forgot their names. I know Pinnacle is one? But I think it's paid.

those controllers are great. I will pick up something much cheaper and wired when i go to China. I will probably pick up a few of those after I finish my degree.

I actually had Higan installed but hadn't used it before. I thought that zsnes was the "best" for snes/sfc games. I just played Mario for a while on it and was happy that it loaded my zsnes saves and the my controller didn't disconnect.

so is it Higan, zsnes and snes9x?

I wish that emulators had nicer UIs to browse through games like we have with movies...but that will probably never happen. Even if it was something simple like popcorn with just box art instead of text
q85benuanc4mza3d0thr.jpg

You're welcome,
FWIW, the PS3 controller works great otherwise ;-)
//Danne

Might be able to map the controls with xpadder or something instead of relying on the emulators controls.

I found the the 360 with the enhanced d-pad to works ok. I had no issues with it playing NES and SNES titles.

I had a very similar issue playing Batman AC (and only that title). Although the on screen battery indicator showed full, after putting a fresh set in the controller, it stopped turning off when playing. Definitely worth a try.

I just use generic USB SNES controller.... seems to work much better than my wired 360 controller and I don't keep killing myself...

I'm going to pick up a few of these the next time I go to China: NES, SNES and N64

Back