• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$350 Video Camera/Camcorder Recommendation?

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
46,056
Hello

I want to buy a video camera for around $350 to record video of a trip I'm going to take in a week. Here's what I'm looking for in camera:
- About 4 or more hours of video
- Long battery life of around 4 hours and more
- Hard drive or flash based
- Easily replaceable battery (If long battery life can't be had)
- SD will be fine but if I can get HD quality, I'll take it
- Need to be able to buy it from Best Buy, Fry's, Staples, and/or Office Depot

Please let me know of any more info you need. So far, I'm looking at the Canon FS10. Looks like it fits most of my requirements.

Thank you
 
You can't get half decent quality w/ that kind of camera. A camera is not like your computer, you don't need to keep upgrading every few yr. Buy a good one. I would get a Canon XTS

If you want to go w/ a camcorder, go w/ JVC

http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027875&pathId=141&page=10

they have Fujinon Lens

they are the only one that I know of, selling regular consumer lines camcorder w/ fujinon professional lens
 
You can't get half decent quality w/ that kind of camera. A camera is not like your computer, you don't need to keep upgrading every few yr. Buy a good one.

Yeah that's what I figured after a couple days of research. I ended up buying a new digital camera that shot semi-decent video. Gonna save up more money and buy a new camera later on.

But thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely be a good starting point.
 
Back
Top