34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Well the new call of duty is free on steam for multiplayer this weekend. Just downloaded that and gave it a go...

Didnt get a single kill in half an hour. I really am not the twitch shooter type these days anymore.

On the plus side, it ran just fine at 3440x1440 , but was relatively ugly no matter what i did with the settings.

I ordered mine from Germany too. Confirmed today it will arrive in Romania by Monday. Cost incl. shipping was around 980 euros.

Turns out I can purchase through Amazon.de and ship to the UK. (hurrah for Chrome's translation) The final price works out to £820 delivered, using Amazon's Currency Converter.
Hmmmm... Decisions, decisions.

I'm considering doing the same, but I am slightly worried I'll get dead pixels or something else that would require me to return it, which would be quite a nuisance.

I really want it though.. bleh. What to do. :)

:)) It took like 3 hours Wednesday for me to decide too buy this. But once I pressed "pay now" I had no regrets other than that I waited too long and I'm not getting it this weekend :)
And yeah, praise Chrome translation :)

I checked with LG Romania and they accept warranty claims if it's purchased within EU. Don't know about dead pixels though.

No matter what monitor I buy, if it has dead pixels I instantly return it and don't wait to deal with warranty for that.

Adorama has shipped my ebay $999 order and I should have it by Tuesday. I am keeping my penis crossed in the hopes that it has zero BLB and zero dead pixels :D

I really want it, but I'm going to wait and see. If I can save myself £100, that's a water block paid for on my next build.

want to see more pics and games plz. (just post games in which it is possible ingame to choose 3440x1440)

TUSB3410 is the USB 3.0 device ;)

Just Google it and I'm sure you'll find the driver..... OR .....You can look on the ASUS website (most of the newer Asus ROG series motherboards use the same driver. Try the downloads section for the Rampage IV Black Edition for example ).

If the monitor came with a CD, check it as well.

Just tried the ASUS one, no dice. Nothing seems to work for this driver. Any other ideas on it? Are the rest of you that got the monitor seeing this strange unknown device?

can someone post up a pic of HiRez Smite? its a free to play moba that is beautiful. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! or if you own dark souls 2, or even the wildstar beta this weekend, and or planetside 2!!!!

My web server is borked today. I've only had a prob with it for 1 hr in several years but today its messed up. Apologies that my photo links are bad today.

I made a new comparison graphic for the different desktop real-estate and threw it on imgur so I thought I'd post it here.

ceVaP4q.jpg

Pretty sure it's 3. I think Linus also said in his video it was 3 years.

Just finished a Live chat with LG support. The display only has a 1 year warranty. I think I am going to wait for the Dell version, that I hope will be announced soon.

Eg2DU2v.jpg

Only a 1 year warranty would be too bad.

I can't actually find any mention of the warranty on LG's site. Strange.

Has anyone who has seen the new LG monitors in stores, seen the 34UM65 (2560x1080)? How does the image look. I know its not as nice as the 34UM95 but for those of us that cannot run that model, is the 34UM65 a good option.

It's back in stock right now!!!!!!! @newegg

11 in stock as of now. If newegg premier worked for this item, I would do it.

The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise being returned to you:

- Any LCD screen that has less than 8 dead pixels

Do I want one? I'm not sure...:confused:

If I buy it from Amazon they have a more liberal return policy, correct?

I'm still wrestling over whether I want a 4k display or this.

Last edited:
Okay....not a fan of matte AG coating and no GSync, but gawd dammit....I BOUGHT IT ANYWAYS ....hahaha!

I really love my current LG 21:9, but 1080 vertical rez is not cutting it. This new display is going to be epic for gaming!

I play FFXIV and will post some pics when I get the display at the end of next week. :)

Ah screw it. I bought one too.:)

No 4k for me. Kind of overkill with 3 Titans driving it.:D

If a big, cheap IPS 4k/60Hz display comes out sometime down the line I'll probably sell this and get that.

FYI: When ordering with Newegg don't bother with their "$3.99 rush" garbage. I find it makes no difference whatsoever.

Last edited:
A friend and I just picked one up each. There is only one more left at NewEgg!

found one at Frys

SvdVtvHl.jpg

Size comparison LG 34" 34UM95 vs DELL 32" 4k UP3214Q

PkM0ukIl.jpg

if anyone has a calibration settings please post them;)

Damn MS!

An embarrassment of riches!

FYI: When ordering with Newegg don't bother with their "$3.99 rush" garbage. I find it makes no difference whatsoever.

This has been my policy since 2009. I order before 2pm EST to have it shipped out the same day.

Can someone who has this monitor please measure the length of this monitor from edge to edge?

I am trying to see if i can fit it where I would like it to go. <----- That's what she said!

Only a 1 year warranty would be too bad.

I can't actually find any mention of the warranty on LG's site. Strange.

The Dell version will have 3 years plus rapid replacement.
One of the reasons why I don't want to sell my U3011. Its covered for 1-2day replacement until 7/2016.

11 in stock as of now. If newegg premier worked for this item, I would do it.

The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise being returned to you:

- Any LCD screen that has less than 8 dead pixels

Mmm..They sold out fast? Or they didnt have any?

So give them another reason than 8 dead pixels. Excessive backlight bleed would justify a replacement unit wouldn't it?

So give them another reason than 8 dead pixels. Excessive backlight bleed would justify a replacement unit wouldn't it?

No, that's not seen as a defect of the actual panel, rather a manufacture defect when assembling; so you'll have to send it back to LG in that case.

More reason to buy Dell.

Okay....not a fan of matte AG coating and no GSync, but gawd dammit....I BOUGHT IT ANYWAYS ....hahaha!

I really love my current LG 21:9, but 1080 vertical rez is not cutting it. This new display is going to be epic for gaming!

I play FFXIV and will post some pics when I get the display at the end of next week. :)

Post your rig specs too so people can see what you are using with this monitor. :D

No, that's not seen as a defect of the actual panel, rather a manufacture defect when assembling; so you'll have to send it back to LG in that case.

More reason to buy Dell.

Problem is we don't know what Dell is doing. Their model could be better, or could be worse, or could be exact same. We also don't know if they will release this month, next month, or six months from now. Heck, we don't even know for sure what their warranty is going to be. They may change what they have done in the past warranty wise. I'm not too trusting of Dell these days. It would be nice if Dell gave out some more info. Lucky for me I'm just now starting to plan out my new man cave. I can wait a bit while I construct the new interior.

Problem is we don't know what Dell is doing. Their model could be better, or could be worse, or could be exact same. We also don't know if they will release this month, next month, or six months from now. Heck, we don't even know for sure what their warranty is going to be. They may change what they have done in the past warranty wise. I'm not too trusting of Dell these days. It would be nice if Dell gave out some more info. Lucky for me I'm just now starting to plan out my new man cave. I can wait a bit while I construct the new interior.

My thoughts Exactly. There is even word that they wont even get one out now. If it IS coming out, it's the same display as this one.

Ah screw it. I bought one too.:)

No 4k for me. Kind of overkill with 3 Titans driving it.:D

If a big, cheap IPS 4k/60Hz display comes out sometime down the line I'll probably sell this and get that.

I have a 3930K OC'd to 4.4, 16GB ram 1866, and two vanilaa 780's in SLI and even this is overklill for some games, if not most. I'm still at 100 FPS on BF$ maxed, no kidding. Last Light hovers around 80-90, same as FC3. All of them maxed out with 1 X AA but I could care less about AA at this res.

The AG coating is SOOOO minimal you literally see detailed reflections in it, seriously. Its like 75% glossy to me..... and I just offed my 27" Apple cinema. This this is matt, yes, but nothing like one would expect. The colors POP for sure once you get it calebrated to your liking.

Back