34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Thanks to the reply @raidflex! :)
Would this be good for MMOs like blade and soul etc? The only one I know that supports 21:9 is tera . BTW if a game comes and my ti can't handle can I downscale to 1080p in game or to a lesser resolution ? Or is it stuck at 3440x1440 :eek: thanks! Sorry for questions don't want to spend a lot and then be disappointed

Anyone see the new AOC u3477Pqu today?

Looks like the same 34" 1440 ultra-wide IPS panel as in the LG and Dell, but is supposed to be cheaper than both..

Y9yFDLb.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/201606/aoc-to-release-the-u3477pqu-34-inch-3440-x-1440-monitor.html

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/30.htm#aoc_u3477pqu

Never owned an AOC.. are they usually good, decent, junk?

I wonder if that one will have the ability to be internally calibrated... Probably not if it is aiming for a lower price point.

Would this be good for MMOs like blade and soul etc? The only one I know that supports 21:9 is tera . BTW if a game comes and my ti can't handle can I downscale to 1080p in game or to a lesser resolution ? Or is it stuck at 3440x1440 :eek: thanks! Sorry for questions don't want to spend a lot and then be disappointed
Should be able to use 2560x1080 just fine. Personally I would reduce settings to stay at native res if possible though.

Depends. If the AOC is considerably cheaper then I would ask what doesn't it offer compared to the LG? They probably left something out or the screen isnt as nice.

Oh okay :) thanks for your help. Do you think UST running this monitor for gaming will make my CPU and gpu run at full load? Or stay at 50-70% while gaming

Depends. If the AOC is considerably cheaper then I would ask what doesn't it offer compared to the LG? They probably left something out or the screen isnt as nice.

Probably lacks the internal calibration support

Aren't these all using the exact same panel from LG?

Probably lacks the internal calibration support

If this is the same as their LV343HUPX, it's missing Thunderbolt. Also, specs for that model state only 30Hz over HDMI/DVI (isn't the LG 50Hz for HDMI?). Does add height adjustment and pivot vs the LG.. still keeps VESA support. Couldn't find any mention of calibration support.

More specs here..

http://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-u3477pqu-with-3440-x-1440-resolution

You must be looking at the Amazon pre-order pages. We still don't have official pricing, but the only legitimate retailer for this monitor has a pre-order page up for $999: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1040788-REG/lg_electronics_34um95_34_ultrawide_qhd_led.html

What's likely happening is a handful of Amazon and eBay sellers are trying to capitalize on the hype by securing some high-priced pre-orders now and selling the monitors at a huge profit when they're actually released.

This is a 34" 21:9 monitor. It's a boutique product all the way. If it performs well, $999 is actually a pretty good price for such a product. Either way, it's not targeted at the casual consumer here. This is a high-end display with a similarly high-end price. "Most people" is a phrase that doesn't really apply here.

It was being sold for $899 just couple of weeks ago at adorama and bhphotovideo

Go to flawless widescreen and look for yourself and you will see some of those games do not work properly by just choosing that res.

I never want to be rude, but what you don't seem to understand is that I haven't used any program to play those games, and they were all without problems. There are more games on that list that don't have any problems, but did have some at the beginning of the release of the first 21:9 monitors. If there would be problems then why don't I have any? It would be absurd if I would be the only one who doesn't have to fix anything.

It was being sold for $899 just couple of weeks ago at adorama and bhphotovideo

Amazon has it for pre order @ $999.99 but no date.

Edit: BizBuy says June 11th release and B&H says June 30th release.

Last edited:

Many MMO's support 21:9. I know for a fact that WoW, TERA, and Guildwars2 work with 21:9 just fine, probably many more. Not just "zoomed in view" like misterbobby thinks, but actual proper working 21:9

:D
Many MMO's support 21:9. I know for a fact that WoW, TERA, and Guildwars2 work with 21:9 just fine, probably many more. Not just "zoomed in view" like misterbobby thinks, but actual proper working 21:9

Anyway a kind soul take game play of a MMO in action like GW2??? :D

I never want to be rude, but what you don't seem to understand is that I haven't used any program to play those games, and they were all without problems. There are more games on that list that don't have any problems, but did have some at the beginning of the release of the first 21:9 monitors. If there would be problems then why don't I have any? It would be absurd if I would be the only one who doesn't have to fix anything.
And I dont wont to be rude either but you not being honest. I have links to back it up plus I know first hand for a couple of those games. Take it to PM if you want to discuss this further but you have a lot of nerve accusing others of lying when you are not being honest.

Would love to see a video of this monitor running WoW at Ultra settings :)

And I dont wont to be rude either but you not being honest. I have links to back it up plus I know first hand for a couple of those games. Take it to PM if you want to discuss this further but you have a lot of nerve accusing others of lying when you are not being honest.

I AM being honest, but it's YOUR problem that you don't want to believe me. I'm at least having fun without needing to fiddle, but I know that some have problems if they are on W7 or lower. There are at least 6 people that I know that are in the same boat as me, but they all have W8. So maybe that's something good to know, because it may be of service for someone. However, take into account that it may be a coincidence.

Please misterbobby, go take your 'discussions' somewhere else. Some of your stuff in this and other threads:
- Lol you thinking this panel is better "quality"? =
-And I dont wont to be rude either but you not being honest. I have links to back it up [blabla]
-You clearly have some kind of issue.
- I don't need your shitty condescending attitude so stuff it.
- Lol are you joking? AGAIN YOU quoted ME when I was replying to him and his mention of beating the 760 SC.

And many, many others... Please try to keep it social.

From the Hardforum rules:
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO TROLLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.
(4) No THREAD Crapping

what fps for common games do you think a single 780ti will get?

From my experience you will be able to maintain 60 FPS in most games, maybe with low to no AA and max settings depending on the game. With only a little tweaking you should be able to pretty much max out most games, while still maintaining 60 FPS.

This link doesn't show 3440x1440 but should give you some idea of the shrinking fps vs resolution. At least it will show you what you won't be getting at a more demanding resolution vs 2560x as a comparison. 3440 is 880 wider which is less than 1/4 wider. I'm not sure what the fps hit would be but the fps be less than those bench's 2560x rates (on ultra).

http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2069079&p=

Edit. Be careful of your wording. Averaging is not the same as maintaining. Maintaining implies minimum not average.
. I do wish there were a "mode" or " most common" framerate benched since a simple boxed in area and/or an overly demanding fps pothole will skew the average. It's not as convenient or understandable to post full graphs all the time either, but would be more accurate. Another good measure might be a 90% middle range average, cutting off the rarest occurrences of the worst pothole(s) and easiest to render simple boxed in area(s) with no action.

Last edited:
This link doesn't show 3440x1440 but should give you some idea of the shrinking fps vs resolution. At least it will show you what you won't be getting at a more demanding resolution vs 2560x as a comparison. 3440 is 880 wider which is less than 1/4 wider. I'm not sure what the fps hit would be but the fps be less than those bench's 2560x rates (on ultra).

http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2069079&p=

Edit. Be careful of your wording. Averaging is not the same as maintaining. Maintaining implies minimum not average.
. I do wish there were a "mode" or " most common" framerate benched since a simple boxed in area and/or an overly demanding fps pothole will skew the average. It's not as convenient or understandable to post full graphs all the time either, but would be more accurate. Another good measure might be a 90% middle range average, cutting off the rarest occurrences of the worst pothole(s) and easiest to render simple boxed in area(s) with no action.

I know I meant maintaining, rarely will it go below 60 FPS. I have 2 780 Ti's so I am going by personal experience while running only 1 780 Ti. Really the only game that I see as an issue running maxed out is Crysis 3. Maybe Watchdogs, although I have not had a chance to play this yet. Really pushing higher AA is when you will get into issues. But you do not need high AA with such a high resolution.

I ran BF4 with 4x MSAA and all settings maxed on a 64 player map and even then I was averaging 50-60 FPS, it would drop down into the 40's in heavy fights. Turning off the AA brought it above 60 FPS.

I guess averaging became a word and "moding" never did... I think the mode is what people are trying to say. "mode" = "most of the sample". Maintaining means you don't waver from something. Like maintaining a water tight seal = no leaks.
main·tain
verb \mān-ˈtān, mən-\

: to cause (something) to exist or continue without changing

Your fps seems more or less in line with a slight dip from this (due to the extra +880 width of rez). He wasn't running canned benchmarks or anything.

BF4 [email protected] 780ti SC 2560x1600 ultra
2560x
1 gpu: 52 fps ave
2gpu: 99 fps ave

prob mid 40's ave would be expected at 3440x1440 with a single 780ti.. vs 52 ave at 2560x. But that is on ultra/max everything without tweaking down.

Lots of other games besides BF4 though of course. Personally I'm tired of that kind of game. Looking forward to "Evolve" from the team that did L4D. Watchdogs is pretty demanding from reports (whether poor optimization partly to blame or not). The only 2560x bench of watchdogs I've seen quoted it at 57fps ave on ultra (+5 more fps than that evga forum BF4 benchmark).

backorder from B&H since mid May, only reason I keep it going is it was only $899

I hope they're fixing IPS glow or backlight bleed. Will be worth it then

Thanks, also want a vertical monitor and was wondering about the dimensions, so now i can look it up, thanks

You're so very welcome :)

I am very happy with the setup. Even though the LG is HUGE, I really like having a second monitor for all the stuff that needs to get out of the way :) especially for gaming it's great to have a "chat and youtube screen"

I went to my local Australian shop today and they got the ''34um95-P'' whats the difference with the P and NON P model ??? is it better or is it the same? :/ it has the same specs as far as i can tell

I went to my local Australian shop today and they got the ''34um95-P'' whats the difference with the P and NON P model ??? is it better or is it the same? :/ it has the same specs as far as i can tell

Not 100% sure, but I think the -P models are originally destined for asian domestic market. I've seen them being imported into the US as well, and think I read a review where they usually come with a different power cable, unless swapped by the seller.

EDIT: Hmm. may be wrong on that. LG US states the full model as 34UM95-P, and the Korean imports on Amazon and Newegg only show 34UM95 as the model. So, yeah.. not sure what the difference would be, if any.

Last edited:
I was going to wait for the ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q but the LG UM95 may be my next purchase it looks absolutely stunning and seems to be nice for gaming too. I am going to wait for that 34 inch AOC and see what they will ask for it and decide between the two of them also by that time the LG should have better stock.

Saw these on display at Fry's. They're nice monitors, but the width really bugged me. It badly needs a slight curve to it. This is exactly where curved displays will shine.

It's kinda like having side by side monitors without having a slight rotation towards the seat. Obviously all personal preference.

It badly needs a slight curve to it. This is exactly where curved displays will shine.

It's kinda like having side by side monitors without having a slight rotation towards the seat. Obviously all personal preference.

Exactly. If ASUS thinks a slight curve is needed on their new 32" 16:9 prototype, then it would definitely be helpful on ≥34" 21:9 ultra-wides.

fmiYPAF.jpg
8Xu8I92.jpg

C'mon guys, we really need to rally around this idea so the MFGs will give us a proper head for our command centers! :p :D

I might be taking a vacation to Korea in a couple months. I wonder if it is cheaper there.

I might be taking a vacation to Korea in a couple months. I wonder if it is cheaper there.

Doesn't seem to be.. market results for site:.co.kr 34um95 shows sale prices of 1,200,000 KRW, which converts to almost $1200 USD.

Maybe buy one here before you leave, and sell it in Korea.. put the money towards buying another when you get back ;)

I took delivery of my 34UM95 this morning, and i'm absolutely blown away. It's practically perfect, I can't fault it at all.

To answer my own question earlier in this thread conclusively - my 13" mid-2012 Macbook Air happily drives it at 3440x1440 (50Hz) as well as it's own screen.

Has anyone got Watch_Dogs working on the 34UM95 yet? There is a 21:9 option in the game and the res is available, but it's horribly distorted.

Back