34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - AOC u3477pqu

Hi there - did you get answers to your key questions in this post? I am also experiencing issues - particularly with the displayport 1.1 and 1.2 flickering that exists. I saw a few posts elsewhere whereby people were investigating a firmware update, but I haven't read that anyone received one..

In terms of Displayport 1.1. - I've noticed that the nvidia control panel runs 3440x1440 @60hz but only 6-bit colour opposed to 8-bit colour. Thus - I've reverted to 1.2 again.

Hello, I am in the same situation, did you managed to solve this issue? I also get 6-bit on DP 1.1 and on DP 1.2 I get a popping sound and at the same time a screen flicker. This happens 5-6 times per day, kind of random. I was thinking to change the displayport cable. The one that I am using right now is the one that came with the monitor e164571-ks Bizlink, maybe changing it might solve this issue?
Any help would be very appreciated.

Hello, I am in the same situation, did you managed to solve this issue? I also get 6-bit on DP 1.1 and on DP 1.2 I get a popping sound and at the same time a screen flicker. This happens 5-6 times per day, kind of random. I was thinking to change the displayport cable. The one that I am using right now is the one that came with the monitor e164571-ks Bizlink, maybe changing it might solve this issue?
Any help would be very appreciated.

I "think" that I've solved the issues that I was having. The source of the issue is 1) length of DP cable and 2) quality of DP cable. I went through a dozen different cables to get this sorted. I found that the limit is 2m - no more. But I also use a small DP extension cable, essentially serving as a hot swap cable when connecting monitor between different computers. This may make a difference hence the need for a shorter length.

In any case - the "only" cable that worked for me without issue is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005H3Q59U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

DP 1.2 cable by CableMatters. No more popping on DP1.2. However - I think the 8bit colour is a limitation of DP1.1 - I still only get 6 bit colour when I set the monitor to DP1.1. Since I have no issue with 1.2, I just leave it on that.

HTH

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone overclocked this monitor? Newegg has it for sale right now for $499. So tempting

I just bought a Dell U3415W after Christmas despite thinking about spending more on an Acer Predator with freesysnc. Much to my surprise I was able to OC the monitor to 75Mhz without any problems. My hunch is your video card plays a much greater role than most realize so long as the OC is not crazy.

I hear a lot about overclocking these ultrawides. Is it practical? I'm used to doing it with Korean monitors, but I'm wondering if I have to get a specific model, like you can't get multi-input Koreans to OC very well, if it all.

Back