LrwjDl1.jpg

LOL 3440x1440
CzWRxF0.jpg

iNvKk2k.jpg

Divinity3
vHhz38F.jpg

Photograph ing.....

Last edited:
Nice...almost the same as the LG but with a decent stand and better connection placement. Only thing I don't like from the photos is the PS is inside the monitor. The LG looks like it is thinner and lighter...the bezel's are the same thou...which is awesome and you get used to them quick, these flat thin bezels are the future off all flatscreen tech I hope

Wow, how'd you get one already?? Where from? How much? What country? Amazeballs? :D

Awesome! Check the backlight bleed please! Looking forward to additional pictures

More details from a PDF at the AOC website:

u3477Pqu *Available in August*
86.7cm (34") IPS MONITOR
Line: Professional
Paneltype: IPS
Monitor Size: 34"
Visible Screen Size: 86.7cm
Screen Format: 21:9
Brightness: 320 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio Dynamic: 80.000.000:1
Contrast Ratio Typical: 1.000:1 (CR)
Pixel / Dot / Pitch: 0.2325 (H) x 0.2325 (V) mm
Display Area: 799.8 (H) x 334.8 (V)
Viewing Angle: 178 (H) / 178 (V) (CR?10)
Response Time: 5 ms GTG

Scanning Frequency:
Scanning Frequency: H: 30-160 KHz (DisplayPort) 30-99 KHz (VGA /
DVI-D / HDMI) / V: 23-80 Hz
Pixel Frequency: 600MHz (DisplayPort) / 300MHz (DVI-D/HDMI) / 205MHz (VGA)

Resolution:
Maximum Resolution: 3440 x 1440@60 Hz
Recommend Resolution: 3440 x 1440@60 Hz
Colors: 1.073G
HDCP compatible: Yes

Signal Input:
Analogue Input: D-Sub: Yes
Digital Input: DVI-D / HDMI: Yes / Yes
Composite CVBS Input: No
Component CVBS Input: No
S-Video Input: No
Component Input: No
SCART: No
CI Card: No
Display Port Input: Yes

Connectors:
D-Sub 15 pin: Yes
DVI-D 24-pin: Yes
HDMI: Yes
Display Port Input: Yes

Power:
Power Source: 100 - 240 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz
Power Consumption: On: 70W, Standby: 0.3W, Off: 0.1W

Other Features:
User Control: Button
Speaker: Yes
Wallmount: Yes
Height adjustment: Yes
Pivot: Yes
Swivel: Yes
Regulations: CE
Energy Star 6.0
EPEAT Silver
GOST
ISO 9241-307
RoHS
Ukrain Safety
TCO 6.0
TÜV-GS
Other Features: -5/24 Tilt
130 mm Height Adjustment
Audio out
Eco Mode
e-Saver
i-Menu
Kensington Security Lock
MHL
Screen+
USB 2x 2.0, 2x 3.0
VESA 100 mm

Accessoires:
Accessoires: Power cable
D-Sub cable
DisplayPort cable
HDMI cable
USB-cable
Audio cable
Product CD-ROM
Warranty Card on CD-ROM

Dimensions (WxHxD): 828.0 x 624.5 x 229.2 mm
Weight: 10.0 kg wo/packaging // 13.74 kg w/packaging
Warranty: 3 Years

The best part is the "Available in August" part.

In EU press release they said "store aviability in September'. prices are also very nice. MSRP is 2700 pln -$880 or 652 euro. Taking that LG costs $1200 here (3700 pln) the price difference is quite big, and the display is priced quite nice.

Is that chart 100% correct? Coulda sworn 34UM95 had 50hz over HDMI and 60hz over Thunderbolt. And does the AOC have the same hardware calibration abilities? Or dual link? Or multi-window features? Or an OSD at all?

I'm all for lower prices (and the AOC should drive LG's down nicely), but I'm skeptical as the chart seems massively biased in favor of what the owner just got in the mail...

Love that stand btw!!!!! Wish the bezel was same size all around for portrait eyefinity ;D

Last edited:
AOC u3477pqu 34"

AOC u3477pqu VS LG um95
qwUiunf.jpg

kPMAV7D.jpg
Where did it ship from? Looks like the box has been through hell and back :D. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but the only thing I ever had shipped to me with a box in at least this bad of shape was a PC case 7 years ago.

Actually, it looks like the OP opened it and removed any identifying slips/stickers first, then reclosed the box for the photoshoot

The company has opened

Ah, I got it! You don't have the AOC U3477Pqu, you have its sister, the LV343HUPX that's been sold in Asia for a little while. Same thing, far as I can tell.. but explains how you got yours before the Pqu went on-sale.

Only thing I don't like from the photos is the PS is inside the monitor.

I was actually happy to see an internal power supply. Not very fond of having a dozen huge power adapters lying around the UPS.

Ah, I got it! You don't have the AOC U3477Pqu, you have its sister, the LV343HUPX that's been sold in Asia for a little while. Same thing, far as I can tell.. but explains how you got yours before the Pqu went on-sale.

I was actually happy to see an internal power supply. Not very fond of having a dozen huge power adapters lying around the UPS.

yes

Currently 5 units worldwide, I may be the first global player to have this display

yes

Currently 5 units worldwide, I may be the first global player to have this display

Congratulations, wencheng :)

Hope you post some vids when you get time! If the price on this stays near or below MSRP, I might be picking some up for the family

Just duct tape your brick to the back of your monitor then ya poser!!!:D

Monitor looks amazing. Priced better than expected at $800, if true.

Do you have any pics of lol at 1080? I just want to see the difference in resolution.

Everyone looking at the LG version wants to know if it has back light bleeding and any screen tearing down the middle. Can you post a picture of it displaying black in the dark? Would really appreciate it. It will help me decide if it's worth waiting for this one

Bump. Didn't notice the OP added some info from the CD PDF regarding the OSD

There are some pictures in page 3 that looks like it doesn't have any of the bleeding issues of lg but then again it is a sample so never know

What's the color gamut on that?
sRGB or AdobeRGB ?

It's important for my viewing enjoyment not to have a wide gamut display of color.

What's the color gamut on that?
sRGB or AdobeRGB ?

It's important for my viewing enjoyment not to have a wide gamut display of color.

Should be sRGB, same as the LG 34UM95..

The screen is AH-IPS technology based and offers a 5ms G2G response time 1000:1 contrast ratio, 320 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles, 10-bit colour depth (8-bit+FRC) and an sRGB standard gamut backlight system.

Trying to decide on getting this, 30" or 2x 27"....

Depends on what your needs are. I've had both and am waiting on my 34UM95 to arrive in the mail, but to me...

27" = all-purpose. A true upgrade to 1920x1080 unless you have bad eyesight

27" x 2 = great for productivity. Sucks ass for games because of bezel in the middle (unless you plan on gaming with one and not both)

27" x 3 Eyefinity Landscape = massive horizontal space, but a little TOO wide for productivity since you'll only be able to focus on two monitors without turning your head. After a while you may get used to it, but I always forget about one of the three monitors unless I have a lot going on.
Can be too wide for games on some desks unless you play games with a controller or have a way to mount monitors away from you.

27" x 3 Eyefinity Portrait: GREAT FOR PRODUCTIVITY! Love it for photo editing and doing actual work! Only problem is it SUCKS for anything else! (Movies, most games, photo viewing when half or more of the photos out there are landscape, a lot of high-end media websites are designed with landscape in mind, etc.)
For multipurpose use, portrait sucks. But if you do nothing but things which utilize portrait's strengths, it's awesome.

30" = all-purpose. You'll definitely notice the size difference between a 30" and 27". It's similar to a 22" vs 24" monitor, where the 24" is a noticeable upgrade in physical size even though the extra vertical space may not be a whole lot more pixels. Also, extra vertical pixels help a lot with productivity, but not enough to make you hate going back to a 27" if you have to use one afterwards. Like 24" vs 22", it's nice to have, but unless you get a great price or can justify spending the extra $$$, it's not 100% necessary and that money can be utilized in other parts of your system. And similar to 22" vs 24", unless you're rich, 2 of the slightly smaller monitor beats one of the bigger monitor by far.

*30" x 2 = The best for productivity IMO, but seriously expensive. Like any 2x monitor setup, sucks for gaming because of bezels in the middle (unless you play with only one of the monitors).

*30" x 3 Eyefinity Landscape or Portrait = TOO BIG for keyboard/mouse setup unless you have a really fancy mounting plan that involves having the monitors far away from you. Either that or you enjoy moving your head a lot. I've always disliked portrait 16:10 except just to try it, since it has enough extra vertical space in landscape as it is.

(* = never personally owned, just used. Only owned one 30" at a time)

My personal preference is 3 x 27" Eyefinity, but due to space limitations I can't use that at my new job. Hopefully 34" 21:9 will be a nice compromise. We'll see...

Nice thats a good outline. Wish we could sticky something like that for people wondering. Covers most of the popular choices.

I will be using mine mostly for School/Programming/Gaming...

I have 3x 22"s right now. Pretty good, but I like the 21:9 for gaming(saw it at quakecon a couple weeks ago)...Just don't know how well it will do for the other 2 over multiple monitors.

I also was thinking I might run the 21:9 and then my 2x 22"s on the side? Wonder if that would work well...lol I can turn them off for gaming, and on for productivity.

Back