3000 venice core 939 $117 free shipping

dss64662 said:
my cpu just arrived:
ada3000daa4bp
lbble 0521bpkw

Excellent, please post your results. I am so close to pulling the trigger :)

EDIT: Just ordered. $126.15
I will post results.

Are you guys keeping up with that dude on extremesystems?

He's got his E6/BW prime stable @ 2.95ghz 1.52vcore, stock air cooling (!)

Almost stable @ 3ghz 1.54v (fails after two hours of prime)

SJetski71 said:
Are you guys keeping up with that dude on extremesystems?

He's got his E6/BW prime stable @ 2.95ghz 1.52vcore, stock air cooling (!)

Almost stable @ 3ghz 1.54v (fails after two hours of prime)

Mine should be here tomorrow :D I'll see what it can do

What do you guys think i should buy with this CPU

1. DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

OR

2. MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI ATX AMD Motherboard.

I want to overclock like hell and wanna touch 3GHZ with this CPU.

actually I'd get a DFI b/c DFI is the best for voltage and high FSB/HT links.

Man I can't believe they came out with a new version right after I ordered my E3! The E6s sound fucking awesome. I might just return my E3...

You guys think that xtremesystems guy's chip might be just abnormally good? Anyone else pushing an E6 yet?

I think it's hilarious that the E3's price is higher than the E6's now. They must be trying to help clueless people out. ;)

$116.39 + shipping now!!!!!!!
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=A64-3000BW

Well i dont see any Advantage in DFI. The MSI and DFI Overclock almost same even what ever voltage options they have, on the other hand MSI has Creative Live Audio which does not utilize any CPU's resources and its GIGABIT Lan also is the best.

I am using MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM Motherboard right now with my Newcastle 3400+ 2.4 which is overclocked at 2.8GHZ, and runs beautifully no problem at all.

Base on my Experience MSI Motherboards are the best.

I will post my result as soon as i get my system.

Russ said:
actually I'd get a DFI b/c DFI is the best for voltage and high FSB/HT links.

Man I can't believe they came out with a new version right after I ordered my E3! The E6s sound fucking awesome. I might just return my E3...

You guys think that xtremesystems guy's chip might be just abnormally good? Anyone else pushing an E6 yet?

I think it's hilarious that the E3's price is higher than the E6's now. They must be trying to help clueless people out. ;)

$116.39 + shipping now!!!!!!!
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=A64-3000BW

I ordered the BW/E6 chip from ewiz. It is not that good. The highest stable overclock I got is 2.5GHz @ 1.6V. Anything over that and prime fails after 1 minute. I was hoping for 9x300 out of this baby. Very Disappointed.

Does anyone know if ewiz allows returns for cpus? Do they charge restocking fee for returns?

Jhya said:
Does anyone know if ewiz allows returns for cpus? Do they charge restocking fee for returns?
Ebay eagerly accepts all mediocre overclockers, i bet you'll get all your money back + a coupla dollars.

Your cpu works as advertised, no overclock is implied or guaranteed, why drive prices up for the rest of us?

Wow wont even pass at 2.5 :( My winnie outperformed this.
What in cpu-z confirms the E6??
Under revision, it is blank?

anyone use CPU-Z and showing DH-e3 for the revision. (this is for the real e3, so might be dh-e6 for the...e6)

carloboy said:
anyone use CPU-Z and showing DH-e3 for the revision. (this is for the real e3, so might be dh-e6 for the...e6)

It's blank under the revisions part for CPU-Z 1.29.

So the BW/E6 core is better? I'm confused!!!! I'm also lazy and do not want to read all 9 pages!

-Rikus

RikuS said:
So the BW/E6 core is better? I'm confused!!!! I'm also lazy and do not want to read all 9 pages!

-Rikus

For me the BW/E6 suxors. I wished I purchased the BP stepping instead.

Jhya said:
For me the BW/E6 suxors. I wished I purchased the BP stepping instead.

Yeah this E6 that I just got today can only do 2.4-2.5 with 1.55 Vcore :(
And the revision is blank in cpuz???

Ok you guys scare the hell out of me, beacuse i ordered 3 of them. Give us some details, like Motherboard, Memory, etc because just saying not even pass 2.5GHZ is not enough. If you guys shed some light on the detail, i think we might can help each other to see which settings are best and which motherboard we should use.

just got mine today, its a lbbwe 0529adew
i was priming at [email protected] when it froze a minute ago, i think 2.6 is the most it will get at any voltage
msi k8n neo2 (cooky mobo, i think it may be causing some problems)
4x514 ballistix @ ddr333 3 4 4 10 (i'm gonna try with two dimms later)
dangerden tdx on cpu, with northbridge and nv-68 in same loop 28c idle, 36c load according to corecenter

priming at 2.5 right now @1.44 we'll see how it goes

playing around with the BW core(e6)

it seems to OC pretty good --its a little faster than my BP which topped out @ 2.78g on air

this BW will pull 2.86 on air --very good but no improvement over my early winchester that could do 2.96g on air .

and i'm running better ram now than i was with the winchester.

i figure there is som slack in these cores (as allways) some will do very well and others will just be middle of the raod .

i tested on my a8n-sli deluxe and my dfi-lp-ultra d -- topped out the same , bh5 ram was lower than tccd --slightly bios 1013-02 beta asus / bios 704-03 beta dfi

still a good core a little bit better than a BP-- but nothing gigantic--at least on the one i got-- :cool:

yay, well now my mobo doesn't boot, i think it may have been holding me back lol. switched cpus, ram, drives, but no go =\ gues the question now is to switch to pci-x or stay agp

citizen said:
yay, well now my mobo doesn't boot, i think it may have been holding me back lol. switched cpus, ram, drives, but no go =\ gues the question now is to switch to pci-x or stay agp

Well you can buy PCIe Motherboards are the same price as the AGPs are. So i would suggest PCIe because future belong to PCIe

annaconda said:
Well you can buy PCIe Motherboards are the same price as the AGPs are. So i would suggest PCIe because future belong to PCIe
he's probably considering the added cost of a pci-e video card ;)

The costs begin to add up quick when doing the transition, kinda why i've held off to see where developments & prices are headed :)

well, i've decided to switch to pci-e, i can sel my 6800gt, nv-68 wb (since it apparently won't fit on a 7800gtx) and old cpu to finance it. It will only cost 200-300 to upgrade. But, I don't see any mobos that apeal to me. I would like to get the dfi lanparty ultra, but i would have to run the vid card in the 8x slot to get the maze-4 on the northbridge (i think that would fit). Then again, I could wait for the revision of the board which is supposedly coming out in October. Although i would like to have my system back up and running this week.
So i guess i could buy the dfi + a bfg 7800gtx, or get a cheaper epox (which the wb i think would fit better), or maybe i should go with the evga deal... decisions =\

citizen said:
well, i've decided to switch to pci-e, i can sel my 6800gt, nv-68 wb (since it apparently won't fit on a 7800gtx) and old cpu to finance it. It will only cost 200-300 to upgrade. But, I don't see any mobos that apeal to me. I would like to get the dfi lanparty ultra, but i would have to run the vid card in the 8x slot to get the maze-4 on the northbridge (i think that would fit). Then again, I could wait for the revision of the board which is supposedly coming out in October. Although i would like to have my system back up and running this week.
So i guess i could buy the dfi + a bfg 7800gtx, or get a cheaper epox (which the wb i think would fit better), or maybe i should go with the evga deal... decisions =\

If you are looking for a Mobo and card, then there is no reason not to go with the EVGA deal. Google the Jetway board and read the review, not bad at all. And the lifetime warranty is great. I am buying it myself for a spare cpu.

the bw started a few reboots today --and crashed in a game --so i'm going to back it down to 2700mhz --a good oc --however no closer to 3g on air than i was before. :cool: still think i like the cheap a-64 like this better than the gold plated DC's

How much of my current rig could I use if I switch to PCi-e?

ASUSP4C800 E Deluxe, Intel Pentium 4 2.4 @ 3300, Retail HSF, WinXP Home, Antec True Power 480w PS, 1 gig ocz 3700 Ram, (Runs @ 250 3,4,4,8) ATI 9700 Pro @ 364 / 344, 19" CRT monitor, 2 WD 80 Gig. 8mb 7200 Raid 0, Maxtor 120Gig., Creative Audigyzs,

My e3 venice is pretty rock solid at 2520 MHz on "quiet" air ;) Primed for 8.5 hours with no errors, highest temp it reached was 47C during that time..not too bad IMO, but not record breaking either..of course my memory is also holding me back some as well.

Torture.jpg

qbackin said:
Why is it blank in my revision??????
I downloaded the newest cpuz???

Because CPU-Z doesn't support the new E6 core yet, which is what you must have now ;)

I think you were referring to my post about my memory holding me back...

I have 2x1GB sticks of Patriot low latency. Its currently running at 2-3-2-5 timings at 211MHz. At these timings it will do 217MHz until I start to get errors in MemTest.

I don't even gain that much on it loosening the timings...going to 2.5-3-3-10 only nets me about 232MHz.

I still prefer 2GB of RAM though for games like BF2 and FEAR Demo and whatnot, it seems like 1GB just doesn't cut it for those games..at least on my system. And finding good, high quality 1GB sticks that don't break the bank is no easy task ;)

Im pretty happy with my Patriot sticks though, they were only like $232 from Monarch, and run fairly well.

How is your memory holding you back on an OC with an athlon? Just change the divider -- there's absolutely no harm in running an a64 with a divider. P4's have a decent performance hit when not running 1:1, but it makes no difference with an a64

I am running a divider, and Im almost at the breaking point for my memory so I would have to run more divider.

Basically my point is if I push my CPU 50MHz or so more, then I'll have to go to the next divider, which drops my ram down quite a bit below where it is now...either that or loosen the timings...either way I don't think its worth it for a small 50 or so MHz on the CPU.

Back