3000 venice core 939 $117 free shipping

I got this processor and its an lbble 0520 apkw i think, and i think the reason i cant get a stable overclock is my PSU, im using a few year old antec 400w power supply, could this be holding me back?

carloboy said:
patience is really key.

i was going to order this a couple days ago total was $128 with shipping, now its $117 in total shipped. Saved myself $11 which i can use to buy a Thermalright heatsink.

If i waited any longer it'd probably run out of stock. These things are $30 below other stores yo get em if your planning on getting a new proc! :D
Patience really is the key, in 2 years these things will be dirt cheap and I'll get the last laugh :p

yea they increased the price and added shipping for a few days! I almost bought it then, but luckily I waited a day and the price went back down to $119.95! I can't wait to get it.

Just bought my first 939 board, an MSI Neo4 Platinum...and was wondering...should I go for this? The 30-day warranty scares me.

I am not going to overclock at all, and I will be using my computer to play games at 1024x768 and so some video and photo editing.

I am on a budget and this looks like the best 939 deal I've seen so far, and I want to jump on it while the price is good, but do you think the warranty is worth paying retail?

if you are scared get the retail which also comes with a fan, as this will require you to purchase another fan which you probably dont want to deal with. But for mad overclockers yea go for this

tuffgong said:
Just bought my first 939 board, an MSI Neo4 Platinum...and was wondering...should I go for this? The 30-day warranty scares me.

I am not going to overclock at all, and I will be using my computer to play games at 1024x768 and so some video and photo editing.

I am on a budget and this looks like the best 939 deal I've seen so far, and I want to jump on it while the price is good, but do you think the warranty is worth paying retail?

you processor won't die all of a sudden...
if you handle it with care from static... then go OEM
but I kinda do like the fact that you cpu is shipping in a non static enviroment
with documentation, etc :)

true the oem's have only 30day warrenty--retail's have 3 year -- i have allways bought OEM's intel and AMD . only had one die--and that was my vault--to much v-core overclocking a dfilanparty ultra D.

i would say if you can get the retail version for $130 or so it might be worth it.

these oem's are still going for $119 shipped.

as for how good the warenty is on AMD-- i would wonder how difficult it would be to get a RMA from AMD ?

I decided to pick up a second one for fun. Just got it today and will try it out tonight. Got a 0522 DPAW.

I'm getting mine tomorrow hopefully didn't bother to check the tracking but either tomorrow or Friday.

I dont see anywhere on the product page that it says it's a venice core...
someone care to enlighten me?

jhatfie said:
I decided to pick up a second one for fun. Just got it today and will try it out tonight. Got a 0522 DPAW.

I got mine today. It is a 0522DPEW not AW though.
I can't OC it yet as I don't have my dfi mb and 7800gtx.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

$120 is only $5 different from $115. If you are crying over $5.... :rolleyes:

I bought it at $119. They ship with UPS, so it's getting here on the 1st. Unfortunately I am going to Hawaii on the 1st for a week, so I won't be building my computer for a week. I already got the Fedex Super Saver shipping packages from monarch, newegg, and zipzoomfly, yay! Still waiting on a psu from case-mod.com and a heatsink/AS (temporary until I get watercooling) from svc.com. I doubt it will take more than a week to get everything else in, so hopefully first thing on the 7th/8th (whenever I have time), I'll get this thing up and running and OCing!

I'll be sure to give you guys the stepping too.

This is a great deal, I recommend it to almost ANYONE buying a 939 system. Only exceptions are really wealthy spenders or some midrange people that don't OC.

ewhiz changes the prices on these very often-- i have seen these cpu's for $109 shipped from time to time--

but they avg around $114 to $118

last time i ordered one it was $127--however at the time $127 was still lower than anyone else by about $23.

good deal even if not the sale prce. :eek:

Mine got here, 0524 LBBLE we'll see how it goes I'll probably test it Friday or whenever I get done with my finals.

just ordered a 3000+ venice for $120 shipped last night; i'll update with the stepping once it gets here.

edit: it apparently will arrive on the 8th; the last part of my system and the most crucial:( stupid ups...

I got mine today!

amd646xg.jpg

What do the numbers after the date mean?

picked mine up yesterday for $120, should be here in a day or 2

BAH! I just bought one yesterday for $120 shipped....oh well it's only 3 bucks...coulda bought me a coffee though :D

jumanji969 said:
The cpu serial #.

So they don't act as anything other than an identifier? I thought the numbers and letters identified a good overclocker chip or not.

Oh well, I run everything at stock speeds anyway.
:)

yes some of the numbers mean the week it was made, certain weeks are good overclockers hitting upwards of 2.7 ghz (or almost 1ghz overclock)

Bah, if only the 3200 was cheap like this, the 10x multiplier akes overclocking so much easier, an extra 10 mhz per every mhz increased in fsb as opposed to 9 on the 3000. Sigh.

$120 is an awesome deal. The 3000 vennies will hit 2.4 and often 2.6 @ 1.5V without going over 55C on the retail HSF. Use PC4000 or PC4400 DRAM if you are worried about the multiplier -- its often cheaper than the overpriced "enthusiast" PC3200 and is guaranteed to reach the speeds you need.

I am running a [email protected] using 512MB Geil CAS2.5 PC4000 ($146 retail CPU, $85 refurb DFI NF4 Ultra, $58 refurb PC4000.. hard to beat for under $300).

they got some new revised core venice 3000's-- they have the BW code--might be a good deal-- :cool:

actually, google is telling me otherwise

3000+ ADA3000DAA4BP Venice
3000+ ADA3000DAA4BW Venice

So whats the difference between these two?

bw is a e6 core venice

bp is a e3 core
venice

the e6 being a little newer may have some improvements that will let it overclock a little higher. it may have some improvements to the OBMC as well. :eek: :cool:

Back