YellowSnow
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 27, 2009
- Messages
- 463
Looking for a nice dependable build, please. This is for a work environment so this computer will never see a video game or be overclocked.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
MS Office 2007 (including Outlook) and some other (more lightweight) apps. No gaming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$300. Yes.
3) Where do you live?
Reno, NV
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I'd like to build (or buy without OS) a very reliable dual core PC to run Windows XP Pro. I'm limited to a 32bit OS so nothing over 4GB of RAM. 3GB would be better if possible. We could go as low as 2GB as long as I can always upgrade to more later, when/if we upgrade the OS.
Let's do one DVD ROM/CD Burner or similar. A memory card reader would be cool too. Gigabit NIC would be a plus too.
So here’s a list:
Case? (see number 5)
PSU
Mobo
RAM
CPU
HDD
Card Reader
DVD ROM/CD Burner or similar
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Monitor (VGA only), Keyboard, and Mouse. I have many "older" cases. They're mostly 5 to 10 years old. Can I reuse the case easily? If not, let's include a new one in the build, please.
6) Will you be overclocking? No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have? 17” LCD
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Soon, no big rush.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Gigabit NIC
Sound (basic 3.5mm analog)
VGA video out
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes. Windows XP Pro 32
I won't send in any mail in rebates, but I love Bing Cashback.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
MS Office 2007 (including Outlook) and some other (more lightweight) apps. No gaming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$300. Yes.
3) Where do you live?
Reno, NV
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I'd like to build (or buy without OS) a very reliable dual core PC to run Windows XP Pro. I'm limited to a 32bit OS so nothing over 4GB of RAM. 3GB would be better if possible. We could go as low as 2GB as long as I can always upgrade to more later, when/if we upgrade the OS.
Let's do one DVD ROM/CD Burner or similar. A memory card reader would be cool too. Gigabit NIC would be a plus too.
So here’s a list:
Case? (see number 5)
PSU
Mobo
RAM
CPU
HDD
Card Reader
DVD ROM/CD Burner or similar
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Monitor (VGA only), Keyboard, and Mouse. I have many "older" cases. They're mostly 5 to 10 years old. Can I reuse the case easily? If not, let's include a new one in the build, please.
6) Will you be overclocking? No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have? 17” LCD
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Soon, no big rush.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Gigabit NIC
Sound (basic 3.5mm analog)
VGA video out
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes. Windows XP Pro 32
I won't send in any mail in rebates, but I love Bing Cashback.
Last edited: