3 old CPUs

Well, I was out and grabbed these from some ditched PCs.
The 3rd one is the ringer I think. Scary the initial plan was to make some cool CPU wall are or something with these...good thing I know how to internet! :)

2001 Pent. 4 2.4GHz 512/533 - This would be the OC one. Getting a board may be tough, RAM. PSU should be easy too. Maybe make a tiny build with it for light gaming or HTPC
I have a ATI 5450 sitting around right now too.

Intel Celeron 128 sl36c - No idea, probably just sell it?

intel pentium pro sl22v - SELL! Apparently these are worth money due to gold content. I probably was dumb for pulling it from the board since I am sure I'll never find a board for it or find use for it. I'll have to monitor the gold market for price /oz

I guess I'm sort of bragging here, but I really would like to make sure I'm not missing anything major. If I make it out and find more, I'll be sure to report back.
If any of you have supporting parts, please PM me with info and price or trade ideas.

If my parents haven't thrown it out, I have a ppro board NIB & 32MB of memory in simms.

I assume that P4 is a SKT478? Not an early SKT423?
I have plenty of decent parts to offer for 478 platform, and I need to get rid of them anyway, so they'll be quite inexpensive :p

BTW, not sure you want to build anything with that lowly 366MHz Celery... but I should have a mobo and ram for it too, lmao.

Well, I was out and grabbed these from some ditched PCs.
The 3rd one is the ringer I think. Scary the initial plan was to make some cool CPU wall are or something with these...good thing I know how to internet! :)

2001 Pent. 4 2.4GHz 512/533 - This would be the OC one. Getting a board may be tough, RAM. PSU should be easy too. Maybe make a tiny build with it for light gaming or HTPC
I have a ATI 5450 sitting around right now too.

Intel Celeron 128 sl36c - No idea, probably just sell it?

intel pentium pro sl22v - SELL! Apparently these are worth money due to gold content. I probably was dumb for pulling it from the board since I am sure I'll never find a board for it or find use for it. I'll have to monitor the gold market for price /oz

I guess I'm sort of bragging here, but I really would like to make sure I'm not missing anything major. If I make it out and find more, I'll be sure to report back.
If any of you have supporting parts, please PM me with info and price or trade ideas.

Actually, getting a board for the last is quite easy - that is likely Ye Original ("classic") Northwood P4 in S478. The difference between it and the Northwood B was clock-frequency support - the original came only in 133 MHz quad-pumped (533 MHz effective); the B added 200 MHz quad-pumped (800 MHz effective) for the same 2.4 GHz clock frequency. Any motherboard that can swallow the Northwood-B or later Northwood-C (the HyperThreaded Northwood) can swallow the original; they run from the 845G to the 875P, and include most desktop variations of those chipsets in between, including the plentiful 865PE and enthusiast-class 875P.

While these motherboards were (naturally) plentiful during the XP era, they can certainly be useful running more modern operating systems (at least up to Windows 7); there are two bugbears, however - GPU support and memory. The motherboards in question take old-school DDR - not exactly plentiful OR cheap. The GPU support is almost as bad - if you aren't limited to integrated graphics (G-suffixed chipsets), the support is for the AGP bus - not many modern GPUs can still take the AGP bus to work, and those that do aren't exactly cheap. Your best bet is to consider these CPUs and motherboards for Linux-based projects.

Dont think theres much gold in the single chip, probably take you more time than its worth, all my s423, 478, Socket F chips I just pull the lid off for scrap copper and toss the rest.

DDR1 mem aint cheap to find

Pics here
The Celeron and Pro are pictured.

First: Thanks everyone for giving a great amount of info!
I forgot about the RAM being pricey at this point. All I have is some for the P4 from an older Dell 2400(?) Kingston 256MB 333MHz DDR

The gold in the Pro wouldn't be extracted by me, it'll be sold whole and that way if some one wants to use it they can. I will be going back tonight though and probably every week for awhile since after seeing this PAGE it explains the Pro is the "holy grail." Of course that's if I grab a bunch of them.

wjogert - I am not sure. I have pics linked, I don't see either of those number sequences to ID it. Couldn't get a good pic:
This is the P4: SL6PC MALAY Q327A233

It seems like they will be for sale soon, for now. Sadly, I can't see the end result being worth it IMO, so I'd rather get them to some one who enjoys them or will tinker with them.
I'll probably hold onto the P4 just to give overclocking it a shot.

Back