$3 a month Unlimited Newsgroup access

ssl works fine.

would have been nice if they also offered it on port 443 instead of 80.

One would think you can have SSL on any port you can connect with as long as the server is accepting such connections on that particular port, right? Per the NewsDemon ports info:

Q: My Connection is slower than normal?

A: We offer a variety of ports for your downloading purposes. If you are experiencing slowness, you should first try changing the port you are downloading through and see if the problem is resolved. Often, changing the port will change the routing through the internet and increase your connection speed.

Suggested server (GeoDNS load balanced to closest server to you):
The following ports allow you to force packets through specific ports:
Hostname: news.newsdemon.com
Ports (non-SSL): 119, 23, 443, 3128, 7000, 8000, 8080, 9000
Ports (SSL): 563, 80, 81, 9119

Force NORTH AMERICAN SERVER:
Hostname: us.newsdemon.com

Force EUROPEAN SERVERS:
Hostname: eu.newsdemon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
seedhost.eu and be done with it. :)

Not even remotely similar in purpose honestly, and at this point a lot of Usenet providers have nearly 10 full years of "stuff" ready to go at a moment's notice more or less. Now, I might not be the most active data hoarder that's ever lived but, there's a bazillion torrents out there and some of them have been around a long time, sure, but when there's something I wish to acquire that's been around for the better part of a decade and no torrents have any seeders whatsoever but probably several leechers hoping beyond hope that someone will seed something that's when I know I have a better than average chance of finding whatever it is on Usenet and grabbing it about as fast as my connection is. :D

After that THEN I might consider seeding it myself depending on things, but not always.

Out of curiosity, anyone max out the speeds on any of the mentioned providers?

I have a 400mbps connection, and like I said, while I do not use it much anymore, when I do I like it to be fast. I have no issues maxing the connection with giganews. Think the other guys here can handle it as well?

400mbps shouldn't be an issue. Maybe if they're particularly overloaded..

I only use 4 connections (out of the 50 allowed) and it's enough to saturate 120mbps down. Hell, 4 might not even be necessary.

Back