3.5mm Switch?

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
I have two output devices: my PC and my Xbox One, both using 3.5mm output. My PC speakers (Z-5300e) are currently plugged into my PC via 3.5mm, and the Xbox is hooked up to a set of headphones via a 3.5mm male-to-male cable and a 3.5mm coupler. Ideally, I'd have both connected to my PC speakers.

So far I'm seeing a sea of 3.5mm splitters, but that seems like it's for splitting one source into two outputs, and I need the opposite (two sources to one output). Other than that, I found this guy, which seems to meet my needs. Just wondering if there are other non-DIY options/recommendations out there?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Haven't tried it but this looks ok.

You know that headphones and speakers act as microphones when power is off right?

FLIP2...

No reduction in SQ...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NUPF30Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

qVAyQ3Z.jpg

7xJenw3.jpg

JpnAOhl.jpg

What about something like this? It shouldn't get interference with the other device that isn't being used when switched off.
http://electronicsusa.com/mk7.html

I use the opposite MK-5, (one input, two outputs) and don't notice any quality issues.

Haven't tried it but this looks ok.

So this is the one I actually went with. Waiting for my 3.5mm cables to come in, but I don't imagine any issues with it.

Thanks guys.

So this is the one I actually went with. Waiting for my 3.5mm cables to come in, but I don't imagine any issues with it.

Thanks guys.

That actually is pretty cool.

I was going to suggest an RCA switch box and use 3.5mm to stereo RCA, but that seems to be exactly what you needed.

Back