2x GTX 780 vs Single GTX 780 Ti @ 5980x1080?

zero909

n00b
Title says it all.
Staying at a tight budget of $1000, no more no less.
Need a graphics solution that will last at least 3 years down the line.

**I know that 2 780s will be better but I'm more concerned about how well SLI works. I'm running Crossfire X with 2 7870s right now and, tbh, it isn't that great.

Would getting 2 780 Tis mean that I can max out my settings for a while then? I can buy one 780 Ti and suffer the performance hit for about half a year until I can buy another.

get 780s. The difference is minimal. Mine overclocked beats 780ti classified with stock overclock by a small margin. If you get a 780 with good ram. My AMP has samsung it closes the gap pretty quick. At same ram speed the core speeds only needs to be about 100mhz or so faster on the 780 to match.

Reading some of the reviews on Newegg and Amazon, some are saying that one 780 Ti will handle triple monitors just fine. Is there any truth to this?

Reading some of the reviews on Newegg and Amazon, some are saying that one 780 Ti will handle triple monitors just fine. Is there any truth to this?

Two 780's will handle them far, far better. I would just go that route, what HoodedDutchman said is spot on.

Back