2TB WD Green HDD $80 at best buy

I wonder if we'll see a price drop of HDDs during their Black Friday event.

Ordered. I had ordered a 2TB Seagate from them on Friday for $74.99, but when I went to pick it up today, they told me they didn't have it and that the guys in the warehouse often just say the order is ready without knowing if they have the item in stock because "otherwise the managers get on their case."

I tried a different store this time. Let's hope they actually have it.

I'll be getting one of these for sure, I won't even fill up half of it but with current prices why not get a 2tb drive ya know

should mention that this is in store only.

Seems so now but it could have been online when the OP posted this but I'm not sure.

Got some of the 2TB Seagates but I'm still tempted with this if hard drive prices aren't gonna be coming down anytime soon.

yeah tell me about it. Thankfully I have 2 Best Buys within a 15 minute drive of my house. I will probably pick up another couple so that I have back up spares for my unRAID server since several of my disks are well past their warranties.

However, OP is right that this is a smoking hot deal given the current HDD pricing situation. It is a sad day when Best Buy is a hot deal on anything computer related that is not on close out.

Bizarre that 2TB drives could be found for $59 last holiday season, and this season prices are worse. I guess that's the reality of the situation in Thailand.

This seems strange to me but the Seagate was sold out at all stores near me..... even ones an hour+ away and now all of them say it's available for instore pickup... even a cell phone store in a mall.

The same with this WD..... one store was in stock the order available for ship to store but now say in stock.

Is it the same for you guys too?

I wonder how many 2TB storage drives I'll need for the next year.

I can't afford very many, but I can't afford paying $150-$200 per drive.

I might have to purchase another.

I've had bad luck with the WD green's failing on me so I haven't touced one in over a year. Gonna ride out the HD debacle and wait for another Samsung F4 2tb for $70 - $80. I need another HDD but I don't need one that has a mediocre track record.

These drives only has a 3yr warranty as compared to the regular 5yr warranty. I would not buy a HDD thats refurbished, plus the reviews on the Greens arent all that great.

Ordered. I had ordered a 2TB Seagate from them on Friday for $74.99, but when I went to pick it up today, they told me they didn't have it and that the guys in the warehouse often just say the order is ready without knowing if they have the item in stock because "otherwise the managers get on their case."

I tried a different store this time. Let's hope they actually have it.

Are the online and store prices the same? I checked online and the 2TB Seagate Barracuda is $99.99 , which is a great deal (considering prices/shortage around) BUT the worst part is that NONE are in stock! I called to find availability but was given no ETA.

Are the online and store prices the same? I checked online and the 2TB Seagate Barracuda is $99.99 , which is a great deal (considering prices/shortage around) BUT the worst part is that NONE are in stock! I called to find availability but was given no ETA.

I think they are.

As I mentioned, I ordered this drive yesterday afternoon after my last purchase fell through. This morning I wake up to an email saying that the item cannot be found and my order cannot be completed. The BB site still says that the drive is in stock.

I'm half tempted to pick one up just in case I need one during the next few months.

This supply problem might take a long time to shake itself out.

Ordered one last night and got confirmation this morning that it was ready for pickup. Went to the store and was told that they had a system error and they didn't actually have any in stock. :mad:

Just checked on this and my local 3 (2 actual, 1 BB Mobile) stores do not have them in stock. 1 is unavailable, the other 2 have the option to ship to store in 3 days. Shipping not available.

Oh well.

Just got the "Item unavailable" email for my order placed this morning. Went to try the "ship to store option" and it now says completely out of stock.

Picked up one of these at BB in Ft Worth. It has been stated by posters over on the Tivo forums that the actual drive you get may vary. Mine was a WD20EARS. Which a SATA 3.0 / - 64MB cache, manufacture date of March 2011, so I'm happy. Should upgrade my Tivo Premiere to 2TB which is 317 HD hours / 1458 SD hours.

Better hurry. I was in my Best Buy Saturday and they were completely sold out of all their Seagate drives of all sizes.

thanks OP, got one for in-store pickup (@ Eden Prairie BB for any MN [H]'s)

*EDIT: got an e-mail stating that they no longer have any in stock (fail).

Last edited:
I grabbed one, Just had one of the drives in my server take a dive and of course it waited until we are in an HD shortage to happen.

thanks OP, got one for in-store pickup (@ Eden Prairie BB for any MN [H]'s)

*EDIT: got an e-mail stating that they no longer have any in stock (fail).

+1
I guess they are ALL SOLD out! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was able to find them at CDW for $86.99 What is the closest price at other stores?
I grabbed one, Just had one of the drives in my server take a dive and of course it waited until we are in an HD shortage to happen.

LOL! how ironic! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
+1
I guess they are ALL SOLD out! I was able to find them at CDW for $86.99 What is the closest price at other stores?

LOL! how ironic! :D

If you actually go to the CDW site, they show their price as $155.

No thanks.

I'm trying to complete my first build in about 7-8 years after having only a laptop, but it looks like some poor timing my part with hdd prices and stock levels the way they are. I think I might just cannibalize an external drive I rarely use or scavenge some older smaller drives from friends until prices come down.

Just fyi, unless you got a confirmation that order was ready, it doesnt mean they have it in stock.

Even then, it doesn't mean they have it in stock, unfortunately. If you are lucky enough to get a confirmation, i'd call ahead to make sure they actually have it in hand before wasting your time driving to the store like I did.

I ordered 2 so lets see if I get the email that says it's ready for pickup.

picked up three myself from two different stores in my area... all are EARS 64mb cache drives.

Back