2GB OCZ (2 x 1GB) Platinum System Memory (2-3-2-5)

You would have to throw in the girl jeans and polo with the MB to sell it! lol

dtess17 said:
You would have to throw in the girl jeans and polo with the MB to sell it! lol
I'm guessing you don't think that Dashboard Confessional is a selling point? LOL

GilmourD said:
I'm guessing you don't think that Dashboard Confessional is a selling point? LOL
maybe if it was ministry of sound or paul van dyk ;)
but anyways.. you get the point. a board that can't do 1T with two sticks in is rare... and sucks :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
maybe if it was ministry of sound or paul van dyk ;)
but anyways.. you get the point. a board that can't do 1T with two sticks in is rare... and sucks :p
Well, as long as they are indeed good sticks. What if the sticks themselves just blow? We do see enough crappy memory out there to warrant that thought.

However... If it was packaged with some Coheed & Cambria... I might be a buyer. LOL

GilmourD said:

if and when Dashboard is a selling point for me, i think i might cut my own nuts off...not that i want a shitty MB anyways. But i could always use a good polo...no girl jeans though

Thanks for staying on topic guys. :rolleyes: If you look at my present sig, that's the memory I have and no they certainly don't suck.

Well then if we are off topic i shall bring us back to the point of me starting this thread.

If you have this memory. What is the overclock you are getting...using what timings...ect.

gman said:
If you look at my present sig, that's the memory I have and no they certainly don't suck.

I agree that the sticks we're discussing don't suck, but the 512MB sticks in your sig are either TCCD or TCC5. Your experience with them does not carry over to the Infineon 1GB sticks we're discussing.

aldamon said:
I agree that the sticks we're discussing don't suck, but the 512MB sticks in your sig are either TCCD or TCC5. Your experience with them does not carry over to the Infineon 1GB sticks we're discussing.

Ok, was wondering if anyone had used these with the nForce 4 boards. I guess I'll give them a try and see how well they work.

I just stuck 2x1gb pc4000 OCZ EB plats along with my 2x512 pc3500 EB plats. No probs whatsoever. The highest overclock on my 3500's were 218fsb. It could have been my proc or the memory, i didnt care to find out which as I tend to spend more money at that point.

These 2x1gb's just went on banks 2 and 4 and there were absolutely no hiccups whatsoever. 3gb is pretty sweet. I'm trying to stall a complete upgrade to pci express and ddr2 as long as possible.

I have 2 gb of this memory and am having pretty good luck with ocing.

Running 2.5-3-2-5, 1T, 232 HTT, 1:1

Runs stable, full load temp is 51c compared to stock 48c.

btw these are only about a month old.

Triz08 said:
I have 2 gb of this memory and am having pretty good luck with ocing.

Running 2.5-3-2-5, 1T, 232 HTT, 1:1

Runs stable, full load temp is 51c compared to stock 48c.

btw these are only about a month old.
That's pretty warm... Unless it's a difference between the way temps are read by the motherboards. On a warm day, my Venice hits 40*C at full load at 250HTT (using a memory divider, of course). With the stock cooler, I think the highest it ever hit was 43*C, but I wasn't OCing it as hard.

Are you running the RAM 1:1?

Im not using a memory divider, and im using a zalman 7000 cu hsf on there. Your temps seem to be a little too low for stock cooling, it could be your mobo misreading them, not sure tho. What are your idle temps being read as? It seems they should be in the upper 20's if your hitting only 40x on max load. Right now i idle at 36c and full load around 50c.

hehe trance > rockers in girl pants

hm but as far as the ram goes anyone getting those insane 2.5-3-2-5 @235-240mhz have a dual core amd cpu?

im on my 3rd set now since the last 2 i had could barely handle overclocks and kept getting screwed up if i set them too high, either theyre very sensitive in my comp or im doing something wrong ;o

Just got a set of 4000EB's.I have a 3500 venice on a DFI nf4 ultra board.After flashing the 704-2b bios these sticks autoed at 3-3-2-7 246x11 1:1.Dropped Cas to 2.5 got a few memtest errors.Raised vdimm to 2.7 and now their just purring along at 2.5-3-2-7 246x11 1:1 1T.Ran the gamut of stab.tests and it's rock solid.

I increased the cas to 3 and got a bit of a performance increase. If you can increase cas and lower voltage, that would be better for you.

Wow, this is a popular thread! :eek:

I also have this memory (2 GB OCZ Platinum) and am running it at stock freq. at stock timing (2-3-2-5).

I'm a newbie when it comes to overclocking and over-voltag'ing. So I haven't messed around w/ that ... yet. :eek: I'll have to read up on that 2nd sticky in this sub-forum to become a little more educated on this.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this review of several of 2x1 GB RAM.

Is the below true? Will the Venice and San Diego cores run 4 sticks at 1T?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/239

About the memory controller, what happens is that Athlon 64 processors have a limitation. When four DDR400/PC3200 memory modules are installed on the system, they are accessed at 333 MHz and not at 400 MHz. This was corrected on Venice and San Diego cores: on CPUs based on these cores the processor accesses the four memory modules at 400 MHz.

never says anything about command rate. it's 200mhz 2T, though i've seen revE cores that can't do it. :(

Its the bets ram I've ever used, I wouldnt hesitate putting in another 1 gig worth of it.

gman said:
Is the below true? Will the Venice and San Diego cores run 4 sticks at 1T?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/239

About the memory controller, what happens is that Athlon 64 processors have a limitation. When four DDR400/PC3200 memory modules are installed on the system, they are accessed at 333 MHz and not at 400 MHz. This was corrected on Venice and San Diego cores: on CPUs based on these cores the processor accesses the four memory modules at 400 MHz.
i put a call into OCZ to find out about the mem controller...according to the rep i talked to, with either a venice or san diego core you can run 4 sticks at 2t at DDR 400

dtess17 said:
i put a call into OCZ to find out about the mem controller...according to the rep i talked to, with either a venice or san diego core you can run 4 sticks at 2t at DDR 400

Ok, you've answered my question, thanks. I just ordered 2x1gig sticks of the OCZ that's being talked about in this thread. So, I guess I'll be going 1T. Woot!!
:eek:

dtess17 said:

I can confirm that. The X2's will do fine also with 4 1gb sticks, but all AMD CPU's require 2t to boot up, much less run.

1t is easy money with all the newer cores.

Yeah I bought the dual channel pack from newegg (2x1GB) of the OCZ Platinum series 2-3-2-5 - 2T, and I have it running at stock voltages/timings but 1T Command Rate, works like a dream.

4 sticks = 2t. I'm pretty sure there isn't any way around that. But you can run DDR 400 rather than DDR 333 with the new cores.

Well I have a set I've been running and wouldn't mind getting rid of them..

comp_parts_9.JPG

This ram just found a new home...

BioVader said:
Well I have a set I've been running and wouldn't mind getting rid of them.. $200 Shipped...

comp_parts_9.JPG
Ahhh!!! You and your money!!! I wish I had some... LOL Cuz those so would've been mine. LOL

BioVader said:
Well I have a set I've been running and wouldn't mind getting rid of them.. $200 Shipped...

(IMG)

YGPM.

Edit: Whoops! Overreacted- thought the benches in Eclipse's thread were from this set. :eek:
Still interested, pending answers to PM'ed questions.

Reply sent...

Selling because I want to try out different ram. Getting tired of shelling out a couple hundred dollars a pop and then letting it set one it's replaced... I should think about trying out that EBAY thing... :rolleyes:

BioVader said:
Reply sent...

Selling because I want to try out different ram. Getting tired of shelling out a couple hundred dollars a pop and then letting it set one it's replaced... I should think about trying out that EBAY thing... :rolleyes:
in the name of keeping you out of trouble, check out rule 16 ;)

How is everyones at overclocking? I've got to 218mhz on stock volts and timings. I havn't tried to go any more yet. I might later on.. all I was aiming for was 2.4ghz. :cool:

Ok guys. I got this memory 2 x 1gig OCZ 2-3-2-5. Installed in my Epox board it only sees it as 2.5-3-2-5 2T. WTF, everyone said that this stuff could do 1T. Do I need to change in the BIOS or should it do that by default? Damn, I could have stuck with the 4 x 512 for 2 frigin T. :mad:

gman said:
Ok guys. I got this memory 2 x 1gig OCZ 2-3-2-5. Installed in my Epox board it only sees it as 2.5-3-2-5 2T. WTF, everyone said that this stuff could do 1T. Do I need to change in the BIOS or should it do that by default? Damn, I could have stuck with the 4 x 512 for 2 frigin T. :mad:

yeah.. just change it to 2-3-2-5 1t... it will work..

Back