290x Insanity: $233 AR + $20 gift card

Doh... Good Deal!

Im dedicated to my 780ti classi since I put one of those nzxt brackets and copper on all the RAM/VRAM

I just picked up a pair of refurb 290x's (XFX) on ebay for $195 each shipped for my dual 1440p setup. These things are coming way down in price.

I say this to everyone, but if you have multiple monitors, please be aware that Hawaii will run at close to full speeds at idle because the second monitor will flicker at normal idle speeds. Did the same thing with my 7950 Tahiti. If you think Hawaii heat and power consumption is bad during gaming, try all of the time in Windows. Hoping they fix this issue in the next gen.

That is not my experience :confused:

Even under Linux. Memory is clocked up, but the core stays around 320 on the card with the monitors plugged in. Power consumption does jump around depending on what I am doing.....But no where near running anything 3D.

That is not my experience :confused:

Even under Linux. Memory is clocked up, but the core stays around 320 on the card with the monitors plugged in. Power consumption does jump around depending on what I am doing.....But no where near running anything 3D.

Low power 3D mode, not game mode. Also nowhere near running true 2D speeds like NVIDIA cards. Inexcusable bug/quirk.

Just got my card in the mail yesterday! I honestly had no idea they even shipped it.

Unfortunately, I don't think my Antec CX430M psu can handle this GPU. Windows 7 appears to start up fine, but there's no signal to either monitor I tested. There's only one PCI-E lead from the PSU, and there's an 8pin and 6pin socket on the GPU, so does that mean it requires both plugs?

Just got my card in the mail yesterday! I honestly had no idea they even shipped it.

Unfortunately, I don't think my Antec CX430M psu can handle this GPU. Windows 7 appears to start up fine, but there's no signal to either monitor I tested. There's only one PCI-E lead from the PSU, and there's an 8pin and 6pin socket on the GPU, so does that mean it requires both plugs?

Yes, both are required. Was there an adapter included to change a molex to a PCI-E?

no, just an adapter for 6pin to 8pin.

Then I think you need something like this or it's time to invest in a newer, larger PSU. Looks like the specs for that card recommend a 750 watt PSU.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Then I think you need something like this or it's time to invest in a newer, larger PSU. Looks like the specs for that card recommend a 750 watt PSU.

yep, checking CL now. :D thanks for the infos.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back