2600K Successor

LittleTinyScooby

Limp Gawd
Just wondering what the next Sandybridge CPU will be in this series and when it will be out?

Will it be the 2700K, etc?

I haven't seen any roadmaps for what comes next yet and was wondering when we will know.

Sure would be nice to see a hexacore version of the 2600K or something. :)

There is no road maps of my knowledge showing any higher end processors for sandy bridge at the moment. Only new CPU arch we know is coming is Ivy bridge in first quarter 2012. That is otco core, no six cores for 1155 as far as I know.

Though if AMD puts enough pressure on Intel we could see faster sandy bridge processors. Anything is possible.

There is no road maps of my knowledge showing any higher end processors for sandy bridge at the moment. Only new CPU arch we know is coming is Ivy bridge in first quarter 2012. That is otco core, no six cores for 1155 as far as I know.

Though if AMD puts enough pressure on Intel we could see faster sandy bridge processors. Anything is possible.

I honestly cant think of anything faster right now than a 2600K at 5ghz.

However that is overclocked. They could offer us more true cores plus HT units on each core. I would like an 12 core/24 thread monster on a single chip.

I have to say I really hope that AMD makes another Intel Killer like the FX line was uyears ago. It will be freaking amazing for competition meaning more for us to choose from.

I would like an 12 core/24 thread monster on a single chip.

Would you like that if it clocked at 1.7 GHz max and had the single threaded IPC of an atom?

Sandy Bridge's successor is Ivy Bridge.

And then you get into X79 for 2011 Socket.

I hope for an Ivy Bridge LGA1155 CPU compatible with existing chipsets. But that is a long shot hope...

lol intel will probably make ivy bridge 1154 pins just to spite us ;)

From a gamer's perspective, it would be nice to just see higher clock speeds. However, there would be no point unless that would translate into higher overclock speeds :p

Back