256GB Sandisk Ultra Plus SSD @ Tiger $120-$20 rebate = $100

Good deal, also amazon has the Crucial M500 240 GB at $110 with prime (may be taxed) no rebate.

I pulled the trigger last week on the Tiger Seagate 600/240GB.

Always a day late and a dollar short.

Nah, don't think $100 is the new norm for this capacity. Not yet at least. Great deal. Tax for us sorry effers in FL though. :mad:

It's too bad many users here like to ask $70 for a 120gb drive.
Lol, they are fricken HIGH!

I don't see any point in getting a 120gb ssd. Its like getting a regular 120gb, whats the fricken point? More is always better, the [H] or better yet the PC community as a whole shouldn't buy anything less than a 240gb ssd. Sorry I'm not a RAID'r :D
I'm ticked that my ultrabook has an m.2 pcie ssd thats only 128gb. Win 8.1 64 (yes I know) takes over 50gb!!

Heres to 512gb ssd coming down to $199 price, and m.2 ssd prices coming down!

It's too bad many users here like to ask $70 for a 120gb drive.
Some do. I imagine those don't sell though.
I just picked up a 256GB samsung 830 for $85 from FS/FT, which was awesome considering I already had a 256GB 830, and they're somewhat hard to find at retail. Still need to get around to cloning and setting up a raid...

Some do. I imagine those don't sell though.
I just picked up a 256GB samsung 830 for $85 from FS/FT, which was awesome considering I already had a 256GB 830, and they're somewhat hard to find at retail. Still need to get around to cloning and setting up a raid...
Nice, I scored a bnib Samsung 840 250gb off CL back in december for $120.

There are always deals to be found. One thing I wish I didn't pass up on was a x2011 mobo + 4960x for $425, the deal was in texas and I was in cali so it would have been a big risk. I had the funds but used it on a quad exhaust system for my mustang...
lol

Tiger direct + rebate = backbutton

So you're a Troll?

I put Tiger & rebate in the title. Which means you just came to troll.

When was the last time you did a Tiger Rebate?

I've done over a dozen Tiger rebates in the last year and haven't had any problems. I usually get the amex card back within a month.

I'm pretty surprised at these results. I thought the ultra was Sandisk's mid-range SSD with the extreme being the high end model. I haven't researched SSDs for a while but wasn't the m4 on par with the extreme? If so this would mean the m500 is much slower than the m4.

The Sandisks are faster primarily with highly compressible data. Bring in some uncompressed files to the tests and they slow down. Remember the speeds are "up to" not constant with all types of data! :)

The m500's in higher capacities (480GB, 960GB) have faster write speeds than the 240GB and *much* faster than the 120GB. Also the new dies used in the m500 are (in theory) cheaper to make and have the added bonus of consuming less power. Once they start getting higher yields, the m500's should start becoming even less expensive than the competition which all use different technologies and don't have the advantages of Crucial/Micron.

I'm fine with the 240GB m500's that I have. I don't think my old body can detect the differences in write speeds, especially since most gaming involves reading (loading the game, loading the next map, etc.) where the m500 still shines.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

So you're a Troll?

I've done over a dozen Tiger rebates in the last year and haven't had any problems. I usually get the amex card back within a month.

I agree, done multiple rebates with Tiger the last year and every one was easy and fast!

The Sandisks are faster primarily with highly compressible data. Bring in some uncompressed files to the tests and they slow down. Remember the speeds are "up to" not constant with all types of data! :)

The m500's in higher capacities (480GB, 960GB) have faster write speeds than the 240GB and *much* faster than the 120GB. Also the new dies used in the m500 are (in theory) cheaper to make and have the added bonus of consuming less power. Once they start getting higher yields, the m500's should start becoming even less expensive than the competition which all use different technologies and don't have the advantages of Crucial/Micron.

I'm fine with the 240GB m500's that I have. I don't think my old body can detect the differences in write speeds, especially since most gaming involves reading (loading the game, loading the next map, etc.) where the m500 still shines.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

And this could be why they are so cheap now as well... M550 are coming out

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7864/crucial-m550-review-128gb-256gb-512gb-and-1tb-models-tested

this works in-store also, being able to walk out of the store with a 256gb drive for $128~ is not bad at all... needed an upgrade for my 60gb intel in my desktop lol

Yep, and if it's not priced that way in the store, just show them their Internet listing and they will match the price. I have a TD store about 5 minutes from my house. I'd shop there more if they had a better return policy..

So you're a Troll?

In fairness to the other poster, the only big rebate I never got back was a TD rebate, but they've been pretty good in recent years.

Back