2500 vs 2600

NEWBE

n00b
Ok if i wanted to oc one of these processors then which one has the best potentional? the 2500 or the 2600

i would get the 2500 mobile cpu it has a vcore of 1.25 and there on www.newegg.com for under 100 dollars and people have been getting 2.5-2.6ghz on theis cpu.

i would go with the 2500+ as it seems to have more headroom for overclocking
and mattsmall, what the hekc are you talking about? :confused: i looked at newegg and there is no 2500+ mobile nor is there one that is 1.25 vcore (by vcore u mean voltages right?)

266fsb :\

I dunno, the idea of having a mobile processor in a desktop doesn't sound very appealing to me.

some people i know are getting like 2.59ghz.

the fsb dosnt matter your just going to rais the fsb and drop the multi. there selling week 32s

Do moblie chips work on nForce2 boards? I read a while ago about unlocking the locked Bartons by cutting the L5 bridges and making them mobile processors, this could then be used on SIS and VIA boards to change multi, but I read it could not work on nForce2 boards.

what are these people using to oc their processors?... wc... or just heatsinks... im planning on using wc to oc mine.. so do u hink ill get better than 2.5?

Originally posted by mattsmall
i would get the 2500 mobile cpu it has a vcore of 1.25 and there on www.newegg.com for under 100 dollars and people have been getting 2.5-2.6ghz on theis cpu.

christ almighty do I want that.

since when can a 2500 get 2.6 on air? And how hot are these CPU's running? And what Vcore are you people using.

I'm sitting here peachy at 2.205 ghz @ 1.7 Volts. I didnt know people were able to get 2.6. Thats a fatty OC

Originally posted by Biggie
since when can a 2500 get 2.6 on air? And how hot are these CPU's running? And what Vcore are you people using.

I'm sitting here peachy at 2.205 ghz @ 1.7 Volts. I didnt know people were able to get 2.6. Thats a fatty OC

Oh, there are a few out there. most of them are damn hot at 2.x volts, or on water/LN2/etc. I have mine at [email protected], I have a week 31 Barton. Probably mainboard issues, specifically NB voltage, that's keeping it here. :p Low temps, though. I have it at 2.28 for F@H, it's stable et all.

yeah mines a week 47 and it does fine at 1.7 V. Im sure i can get it higher but my pc2100 is holding me back. The next step in the mem-divider is too much for my poor old ram. :(

once/if i get new ram ill be sure to try to push this thing much further.

See the sig :)

I think I got a pretty good chip.. I want to get this puppy to 2.5ghz on air.. Might be a little tough though.. My mobo is gonna be the bottle neck.. vcore maxes at 1.85 on this board and the fsb:ram ratio is locked at 1:1... Also, the vdimm is also locked.. Sigh.. And to think my chip can be a monster... Sigh.. I wish I got an NF7... I'm still kicking myself..

Originally posted by Mag Master
See the sig :)

I think I got a pretty good chip.. I want to get this puppy to 2.5ghz on air.. Might be a little tough though.. My mobo is gonna be the bottle neck.. vcore maxes at 1.85 on this board and the fsb:ram ratio is locked at 1:1... Also, the vdimm is also locked.. Sigh.. And to think my chip can be a monster... Sigh.. I wish I got an NF7... I'm still kicking myself..

My chipset maxes at 2.3v. :eek: Never touched it, the warning about changing voltage to the chipset is dire enough to keep me from doing it. :p

Originally posted by ’m‚³‚ñ
My chipset maxes at 2.3v. :eek: Never touched it, the warning about changing voltage to the chipset is dire enough to keep me from doing it. :p

what warning are you speaking of?
I guess im gonna have to read my NF7-S's manual...oh well Ive got a Swiftech MCX159-A coming...so any heat isnt a worry :p

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
what warning are you speaking of?
I guess im gonna have to read my NF7-S's manual...oh well Ive got a Swiftech MCX159-A coming...so any heat isnt a worry :p

I'm talking about the warning in incorrect english that appears in the description section on the left side of the screen in the BIOS when I select the option to change voltage. :p

I'm talking about the warning in incorrect english that appears in the description section on the left side of the screen in the BIOS when I select the option to change voltage. :p

LOL ok

Ok this mobile 2500 will allow me to change the voltage or allow more voltage to be added ... correct?...... so why is this use full in overclocking?

HOT DAMN I WANT ONE!!!11111 etc...

wow that was wierd... i really do want one though. 1.25 stock vcore... yummy:D

@NEWBE: the lower vcore makes the chip run cooler, and thus you have more headroom to oc with (also you can then raise the voltage farther over stock)

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
HOT DAMN I WANT ONE!!!11111 etc...

wow that was wierd... i really do want one though. 1.25 stock vcore... yummy:D

@NEWBE: the lower vcore makes the chip run cooler, and thus you have more headroom to oc with (also you can then raise the voltage farther over stock)

yup
the mobile processors are the cream of the crop when it comes to silicon...

yup
the mobile processors are the cream of the crop when it comes to silicon...

Is that why they are a full $10-$20 more than their desktop counterparts? :p

I think I can lower VCore on my board down to 1.3v... Oh well. I'll have to try one anyway. :p

Is that why they are a full $10-$20 more than their desktop counterparts? :p

I think I can lower VCore on my board down to 1.3v... Oh well. I'll have to try one anyway. :p

yep. the last i checked the silicon in those things is good enough that it can run with stupid low voltages and remain 100% stable at their stock rated speed...possibly more tho :)
so the normal jump for me on a desktop CPU is 1.65v > 1.90-1.95v
so with a mobile ill have a hell of alot more room

Thnx guys my frist positive thread.... thnx for all the info ill go with the mobile 2500 then :)

yep. the last i checked the silicon in those things is good enough that it can run with stupid low voltages and remain 100% stable at their stock rated speed...possibly more tho :)
so the normal jump for me on a desktop CPU is 1.65v > 1.90-1.95v
so with a mobile ill have a hell of alot more room

You can run a mobile at 1.9v? :eek: Yeah, that's going to give a very nuts-o overclock...

Thnx guys my frist positive thread.... thnx for all the info ill go with the mobile 2500 then :)

Haha, don't you just love it when that happens? :p

You can run a mobile at 1.9v? :eek: Yeah, that's going to give a very nuts-o overclock...

Well yeah If i had one I would run it at 1.9v...its not a big deal on water :D

Well yeah If i had one I would run it at 1.9v...its not a big deal on water :D

lol Okay. So how far could you push a Mobile voltage wise on Air? :p

lol Okay. So how far could you push a Mobile voltage wise on Air? :p

I dunno I havent bought one yet...but when I do i will run the bitch at 1.9v with no regrets :p
on air..i wont go over 1.85v

I dunno I havent bought one yet...but when I do i will run the bitch at 1.9v with no regrets :p
on air..i wont go over 1.85v

Geeze... If it's stable at 1.25v at stock, imagine how high it can go at 1.9v... :eek: You shooting for 4 ghz? :p

Geeze... If it's stable at 1.25v at stock, imagine how high it can go at 1.9v... :eek: You shooting for 4 ghz? :p

nope just gonna try and get the most outta it i can...that bitch better do 200mhz FSB or higher with no problems...or else im gonna make it a fuckin key chain

nope just gonna try and get the most outta it i can...that bitch better do 200mhz FSB or higher with no problems...or else im gonna make it a fuckin key chain

PII's make better keychains. :p I have never lost my keys due to this massive thing... Used to have 32 megs of SIMMS on it as well, but a 3 foot long keychain that scrapes the ground while walking isn't good... :p

PII's make better keychains. :p I have never lost my keys due to this massive thing... Used to have 32 megs of SIMMS on it as well, but a 3 foot long keychain that scrapes the ground while walking isn't good... :p

ive got 32mb of sims and a TNT2 ultra with a geforce 4 ti4200 on my key chain right now...if that 2500+ dont OC the way I want it to...Ill key chain that bitch ASAP

ive got 32mb of sims and a TNT2 ultra with a geforce 4 ti4200 on my key chain right now...if that 2500+ dont OC the way I want it to...Ill key chain that bitch ASAP

Gesh. How long is that keychain? I used to be able to tell where my keychain was because that side of my pants was heavier, so I could tell by the lean. ;B

Gesh. How long is that keychain? I used to be able to tell where my keychain was because that side of my pants was heavier, so I could tell by the lean. ;B

well the simm is really short...the TNT2 ultra...I removed just the GPU from the PCB and the TI4200 i removed from the PCB as well...and if this mobile shit dont OC well...ill remove its "legs" and hang it in my pocket :D

Back