245BW or G2400W

Flipsta

n00b
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
12
Hey guys,

Basically I've been lurking these forums for the past week looking for the ideal monitor for me. I've narrowed it down to two monitors, both of which are TN panels, due to my financial status. They are probably if you guessed it by now the BenQ G2400W and the Samsung 245BW. I'll be using the monitor for viewing movies, typing out word documents in my residence, and playing Warcraft 3. I can acquire both monitors locally: The G2400W @ 351.99 and the 245BW for 329.99. I know there are rave reviews about the G2400W particularly from 10e and I was wondering if the G2400 is worth the extra $$.

Thanks
David
 
I'd buy BenQ G2400W (or WD). I know it and it is a very good monitor. I don't know 245BW and actually I'm not a big fan of Samsung.
 
Thanks for the response, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the G2400W. The extra 30 dollars is justified if I plan on purchasing a 360 or PS3 ^_^
 
Unfortunately I'm from Canada, and I don't think this promo code works. I'll let you guys know how the monitor is when I pick it up.
 
Code still works. store.benq.ca

Plug it into the promo calculator and it will come up with "10% off for returning customers"

Unfortunately I'm from Canada, and I don't think this promo code works. I'll let you guys know how the monitor is when I pick it up.
 
Hey guys,
I just purchased the G2400W locally and couldn't be more happier. I was also wondering where in the OCD is the option to set it to aspect, 1:1, 4:3. I'm currently hooked up VIA DVI.

- David
 
For the G2400WD its menu > Picture advanced > Display Mode > then your choice of display type

Hope that helped
 
Back
Top