• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2405 screen size

I guess that I dont understand what "deep" means, what I am trying to figure out is the verticle veiw size, ya know, the tp of the veiwable screen to the bottom of the viewable screen. 9" seems a bit short.
right now I have a 20" crt, from left to right it is 16" view and top to bottom it is 12" view.
thanks for the help
oh, also, what are you 2405 owners using for video cards? what would be a good recomendation?

again, thanks
 
I'd guess something around 21x12 (ratio is probably off though) which is a tad bigger if you do some basic math. I don't have anything around to measure my monitor though...
 
(10x)^2 + (16x)^2 = 24^2

356x^2 = 576

x = 1.272

height = 10 * 1.272 = 12.72

width = 16 * 1.272 = 20.35
 
Back_Packer said:
(10x)^2 + (16x)^2 = 24^2

356x^2 = 576

x = 1.272

height = 10 * 1.272 = 12.72

width = 16 * 1.272 = 20.35

OK I follow the math, but where did you get the values? like 1.272, can the same formula and values be used for the 2005?
Thanks
 
Fistandantilis said:
OK I follow the math, but where did you get the values? like 1.272, can the same formula and values be used for the 2005?
Thanks

In this case yes (if you change the 24" to 20.1").
The formula is nothing but the pythagorean theorem. The aspect ration is 16:10, and the 24" is the diagonal distance from corner to corner (the hypotenuse, in other words).
 
Fistandantilis said:
OK I follow the math, but where did you get the values? like 1.272, can the same formula and values be used for the 2005?
Thanks

well since the 2005 is the same aspect ratio all you would need to change is the 24^2 in the first line to 20^2. So...

(10x)^2 + (16x)^2 = 20^2

356x^2 = 400

x = 1.06

height = 10 * 1.06 = 10.6

width = 16 * 1.06 = 16.96
 
Oooska said:
In this case yes (if you change the 24" to 20.1").
The formula is nothing but the pythagorean theorem. The aspect ration is 16:10, and the 24" is the diagonal distance from corner to corner (the hypotenuse, in other words).

god damnit.. i'm starting to remember jr. high math again.. :cool:
 
Back
Top