2405 burn in

Kingpin

Gawd
my 2405 has burn in, I remember reading somewhere that you can get rid of it pretty easy on lcds but dont remember how...any help please...thanks

Kingpin said:
my 2405 has burn in, I remember reading somewhere that you can get rid of it pretty easy on lcds but dont remember how...any help please...thanks

Don't use your monitor for a few days ( remove the power cable ) OR leave it on continously with a plain white background for a day

i didnt know lcds could get burn in i thought that was only for projection and CRT.... hmmm... interesting

in that case would it not be best to put it on a color cycle of some sort so that it uses all of the coloers evenly, i know thats basicly what white is, but white is r@33%b@33%and g@33% or else it would be WAY over bright (or am i missing something here... (not really very knoledgeable about it, thus why im putting it out there) )

for all white, use dead pixel buddy i know it will do color cycle as well

http://www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

thore

Kingpin said:
how long have you been using it for? where is the burn in?

Actually, white is r100% g100% b100%. 33% would give you some sort of grey i believe.

Yeah i think it was the new widescreengaming site that had piccies of winamp temp burned-into a 2005FPW or whichever it is. The smaller Dell wide. Anyways, yeah it's not "burn-in" persay. Probably go away if you just ignored it, and just keeping an eye on habits like this winamp one. With a proper amount set for standby time, it seems hard to obtain. There must be some thing you are habitually doing and your standby time is too long?

As previously mentioned, image persistence can be cured by using an all white background for a few hours.

skittzle said:
As previously mentioned, image persistence can be cured by using an all white background for a few hours.

or by leaving the monitor off for a while

and my 2005FPW had MAD image persistence problems, only took a couple hours to get it, and a LOT longer to go away

That's the key question... How long does it take to get image persistence, and how long does it take to eliminate it? In my case I can never get rid of it (at least in any reasonable amount of time). Leaving my VP191b unplugged for two weeks was not enough. Leaving it displaying all-white for ~12 hours does nothing significant. But then, I've played literally hundreds of hours of World of Warcraft on it (best estimate is around 1500 hours), and I admit that's not typical usage. But I know other LCD-users with a similar level of addiction to WoW, and they don't suffer this problem.

I have my screensaver set to display all-white after 15 minutes of idle. I could set it to be quicker than that, but it would get annoying. The simple fact is that I'm using my computer and monitor for many contiguous hours every day. Am I going to change the amount I play WoW? I probably should for my health and sanity, heh, but no, why should I just because my monitor is flawed?

Back