~$22 Plantronics Gaming Headset

now i need to find something to push the price up to 25 for free shipping

nevermind. There is a plantronics bluetooth earpiece for sale for the same price that I assumed this was discussing.

These are good, but they start to hurt the top of my left ear after a few hours of gaming. I have the older version though, the Gamecom 777, so they may have changed it since then. Sound quality is amazing though and the mic is top notch. My ears may just be weirdly shaped.

I want to say this is the same headset that a few of my coworkers have been using. They both broke in the same way though, one side of the headband cracks due to it being plastic. Bear in mind this is ina work environment so they probably took a lot of abuse.

These headphones give Plantronics a bad name. Had used them exclusively for YEARS and finally went through my last set purchased over 5 years ago.

The new models have very limited volume control. They do not fit as well either. I took back both pairs I purchased. Sad, going to see if I can get some old ones that I gave my son.

These have always been $23-25, so if you're looking for a steep discount on some headphones, this isn't it. They're very comfortable, however, and the best headset I've found for the price. As a gaming headset, the only thing I dislike about them is the volume dial--I don't like the added weight it adds to the cord. Not a big deal, however, and certainly worth the price.

I want to say this is the same headset that a few of my coworkers have been using. They both broke in the same way though, one side of the headband cracks due to it being plastic. Bear in mind this is ina work environment so they probably took a lot of abuse.

Mine cracked in the same spot about 2 years ago. I put tape on them in that spot immediately and they've been fine since. I've used them for around an hour a day for 2 years.

I have this headset as a spare set now. It has great sound, but it squeezed my head too much. Maybe my dome is big, but I switched over to the Razer Carcharias and haven't had any issues. I'm hesitant to recommend this set to people, however, for this price they're worth it. Especially if you have a "normal" sized head ;)

I have this headset as a spare set now. It has great sound, but it squeezed my head too much. Maybe my dome is big, but I switched over to the Razer Carcharias and haven't had any issues. I'm hesitant to recommend this set to people, however, for this price they're worth it. Especially if you have a "normal" sized head ;)

I had a different version of this style. Liked the sound too, but they pinched my noggin. And because of the all the plastic, you can't quite just bend it to fit.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When I'm playing BF3 and get killed I have to ask "how you did that?" and my friend is always like, "dude, I can hear your footsteps sneaking up behind me." He's got some surround sound headphones, not sure if they are the same brand or model. Can anyone else confirm if they can hear sneaky footsteps with these headphones? :p

When I'm playing BF3 and get killed I have to ask "how you did that?" and my friend is always like, "dude, I can hear your footsteps sneaking up behind me." He's got some surround sound headphones, not sure if they are the same brand or model. Can anyone else confirm if they can hear sneaky footsteps with these headphones? :p

I don't know about these headphones as I said I already have Astro A40, which have surround sound and can/will hear sounds coming from the different directions.

For instance if I play League of Legends and move my screen to the left of the action, more/louder noise will be from the right earphone and visa versa.

I think the A40 will allow for the 'hearing sneaky footsteps' but doesn't come as a guarentee.

They're great until one of the earphones dies due to the crap wiring. I went through 3 of them before giving up and getting a Sennheiser.

I have the "777" version of these, and they are the same design except they are 7.1 surround, and I love them. They are very comfortable.

Back