20x Computer Build Help

from research, most of the time, the software is run off of the server from the client machines.
So it is an application, file, DNS, and DCHP server.
How much ram do you go Flowgaming? I would think you nee atleast 4gigs or even 8Gigs for twenty workstations.

all workstations have 1g

the server has 2g and that is all that it needs, it reallly is

Yes sir I have some more pictures for ya ;D

Here are some pictures of different rooms with the computer
monitors and arms in them :)
IMGP1747.JPG

IMGP1753.JPG

IMGP1738.JPG

IMGP1739.JPG

IMGP1740.JPG

IMGP1746.JPG

IMGP1748.JPG

IMGP1749.JPG

IMGP1751.JPG

IMGP1752.JPG

Here is all the workstation computers
PSIofficePcsDoneInClosit.JPG

The server is extremely tight!!! and I will post pictures of it later tonight. I have to get
them off my camera still.

I thought I read your NetworkisDown forum post, you didn't take there advice and not use consumer brand equipment? That looks like your server is just consumer parts.

Whats the server specs?

Other then that the workstations in each room is pretty clean looking. Kinda cool with all those arms. I didn't see any battery backup tho. I think i saw a box for one in another post. You are using some kind of APC or something right? Other then that looks real good.

Hey looks great Flowgaming ;)
Post some pictures of the Server closet/room/area and some specs too when you get a chance. Nice job tho

Not a big fan of the computer tower sitting up on the wall like that but considering you were installing it into an existing office it looks pretty good.

How do you have the network setup? Are you running a domain, did you go with managed av, etc?

all of your questions will be answered in the work log.

Also
The shelves where already in the room
and that is where they wanted them.

I wanted to go with the small mid tower that is
in the middle of this picture:
3x&

Though.. they chose to go with the large one.

all of your questions will be answered in the work log.

Also
The shelves where already in the room
and that is where they wanted them.

As I said it doesn't look too bad. I should grab a pic of the dentist office we do work for. They were lucky enough to build the sections with the computers in mind. They have cabinets built into the wall that hide the computer. First time I went over there I had to look for the desktop...

that would have been very nice ;/

The office was built about 25x years ago

Yea this one was a few years ago. Machines are 3ghz p4s so it couldn't have been that long ago. Are cable guys did the wiring when they were their own company. When the old consultant moved he gave them are card. Very clean setup.

With those machines sitting out like that one thing I would do is disable the plug n play so someone can't plug in a jump drive and try to copy stuff off of them.

Yea this one was a few years ago. Machines are 3ghz p4s so it couldn't have been that long ago. Are cable guys did the wiring when they were their own company. When the old consultant moved he gave them are card. Very clean setup.

With those machines sitting out like that one thing I would do is disable the plug n play so someone can't plug in a jump drive and try to copy stuff off of them.

That is a good idea. I will look into it.
Though no info is stays on that computer. All data is on the server and the computers access it.

I actually got offered a job at another office that is just being built. And I will have to talk to them
about putting the computer inside the desk :D

That is a good idea. I will look into it.
Though no info is stays on that computer. All data is on the server and the computers access it.

I actually got offered a job at another office that is just being built. And I will have to talk to them
about putting the computer inside the desk :D

How this one was setup is image each room having 3 full walls and on the hallway side just a devider section wall that is open on each side to go into the room. That wall has storage cabinets in it and holds the computer. On one of the other walls on a counter you have a video and 2 ps2 jacks to hook up the monitor/keyboard/mouse too. They don't have the monitors on arms or anything. Nice thing about this is that most people have no clue where the machine is so they couldn't load something off a cd or plug in a drive to it. While this wasn't why they hid the machine it works really well. If anyone ever tried to access the machine directly we would just put locks on the cabinet doors. If I had done it I would have tried to put the machine closer to the monitor and keyboard but this works well. Just make sure you have some airflow going into it. In the case of this place there is a metal vent on the door to let air in. No heat related issues with the machines so far. They are all gateway towers.

ya, I agree with hiding the computers inside the cabinets.
I just visited a dental clinic in Chicago in the Omni Building on the 35th Floor and they had 30 desktops. They place was damn huge with over 15,000 sq ft of office space. I couldn't find a single desktop until i openned up one of the cabinets.
It sure lowers the noise in each opertory as well

Edit: And i am also proud to say out of 30 computers, only four were OEM. The rest were custom built ;) So that shows you all who are bunch of big mouth bullthrowers

Custom FTW!!!

For the money
that I can save building it myself it is worth it and I have the man power to stand behind
these products.

Edit: whoops, I missed the part where this is 13 pages. I assume my point has been brought up before and that you've considered it already, so just ignore this post. The pics look great!

You know, if one of the workstations fail in one of the opertories, it is not a big deal. You could just go into a different room and enter any patient info. Same for booking.
Its not like if one desktop fails you're screwed for the day.
Plus, he is only in high school, so if a system fails, it's not like he won't be able to help out right now. And for the server, you don't even need to have a cluster or fail over, they recommend just dedicating a desktop to be a backup server incase the real server fails so the network can continue to run.

Flow how is the server configured? Is this a domain or workgroup?

Back