• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2025 Tour de Primes thread

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
9,053
1735408548186.png
 
They sent this out as a BOINC announcement too, and on the PG frontpage, so hopefully that gets the message across pretty effectively.
 
Or they could just let the smaller primes count since it is the Tour de Primes and not the Tour de 5K
If they’re are no small primes allowed you will have to find a Mega prime to get a badge for the month.
They one jersey you can get near the end of the month when you get the most primes I that one day. Would be a shame if no one wins it, Mega primes aren’t really easy to find.
 
Or they could just let the smaller primes count since it is the Tour de Primes and not the Tour de 5K
If they’re are no small primes allowed you will have to find a Mega prime to get a badge for the month.
They one jersey you can get near the end of the month when you get the most primes I that one day. Would be a shame if no one wins it, Mega primes aren’t really easy to find.
I agree wholeheartedly. I liked it last year how all projects were included. Gives you a choice between, "Do I want to run smaller projects for more finds, or larger ones for more significant ones?". In particular the leap from GFN16 -> 17 on some older GPUs really drastically drops the output (and not so much on most newer ones...). But at least it looks like we're all but guaranteed to have PPSE in.
 
PPSE during the Tour de Primes this past year was the only time I've found a prime. It would be nice to have a chance to do so again although it's even less likely than last year. It's also nice to have something that can run decently on older CPUs like my Ryzen 2600x.

They probably wouldn't be running into the issue with the way they have things setup except that PPSE is so low on points that it's hardly worth it to run it for that aspect. Currently it takes about 10 minutes to chew through one on my 2600x. I'm looking at around 12k PPD from that. They're obviously not difficult work units but practically every other project annihilates it on points.
 
I'll run the 3-day PPSE challenge in Jan. Definitely will put my 7950x as it is the most efficient PG cpu cruncher. I'll have to think if I should put the others like 5950x and 3950x which seem to be aging gracefully....
 
So - who is going to make the 2025 Challenge Series thread? :D
 
So - who is going to make the 2025 Challenge Series thread? :D
I nominate you :ROFLMAO: I'm "semi-active" last year. I did not participate in all the PG races but I did pick and choose which one I'm running to balance my personal goals and helping the team occasionally.
 
  • Like
Reactions: EXT64
like this
Yep - I've already been running PPSE at full speed for a while. Found two Primes already, which were T5K (so I guess that means others are running it too!).
 
As soon as I managed to hit 700k PPD on Primegrid I swapped both CPUs over to PPSE to run through a bunch of work units in order to get it up there so it can be included in the Tour de Primes. They'll stay on that through the Challenge until I swap for the Folding Challenge.
 
Back
Top