2011: Big Year For PC, But Until Then...

after the christmas and spring steam sales, who cares how many good games come out in 2010? I got enough games to last me until 2012
I was about to say the exact same thing. After this Steam Sale, I easily have 20 great games to play plus others that were in some of the collections I may or may not play. I also have a few other non-steam games I still haven't started. Fallout: New Vegas is the only thing I'm looking forward to.

I'll be playing starcraft 2 almost exclusively until diablo 3 comes out.

diablo 3, star wars: the old republic, rage, brink,

all will be MUST buys. 2011 will be great.

2010 is pretty lacking.

This Fall I'm looking forward to:

Mafia 2
Civ 5
Gothic 4
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Crysis 2
Drakensang 2
Fallout New Vegas
F1 2010
Lionheart
FEAR 3
The Force Unleashed 2

Between September and December, that's 12 titles in 4 months. That's practically a new title every single weekend.

Also, during the winter, I took a look ahead to the period we're in right now, and I thought it was going to be quiet... and of course it is quiet right now... but who can honestly say that they've finished everything they've got?

I have at least 18 titles I've neglected... including Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2, both of which I haven't finished. The Saboteur remains completely untouched, as does Episodes From Liberty City and Silent Hunter 5, and Stalker Call of Pripyat. Why am I buying titles I'm not playing? I have no idea, other than I bought them on sale?

Just way, way, way, way, way too much on my plate right now. I could probably play a different title every day for 30 days in a row - all of them great.

This Fall I'm looking forward to:

Mafia 2
Civ 5
Gothic 4
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Crysis 2
Drakensang 2
Fallout New Vegas
F1 2010
Lionheart
FEAR 3
The Force Unleashed 2

Between September and December, that's 12 titles in 4 months. That's practically a new title every single weekend.

Mafia 2 comes out next month doesn't it? And in 3D! But yeah, I really don't get where people get that there's not a lot of PC games, there's simply more than I can play.

after the christmas and spring steam sales, who cares how many good games come out in 2010? I got enough games to last me until 2012

This, I have such a huge backlog it's not even funny... anxiously awaiting Star Wars: The Old Republic in 2011, though! There's a LOT of things coming out this year still as well.

Cataclysm is coming out this year. That, SC 2, and BC 2 is all I will need for a long time. :D

The BC2 expansion will be nice, especially if we don't get more maps for BC2 soon...I'm only level 25 or so but I'm already pretty beat on the maps. I never played BF:V and thus haven't had a good Vietnam multiplayer experience since Vietcong.

Crysis 2 might be good.
Rage might be good.
CoD: Black Ops looks ok, but I don't think I can allow myself to feed to Activision Milking Machine.
Maybe Fallout New Vegas, but I still haven't beat FO3 and didn't find it particularly amazing.

I need to get around to playing STALKER: Clear Sky and getting STALKER: Call of Pripyat...I loved Shadows of Chernobyl so much.

Really, I'd just like some BF3 info and an announcement that Warhammer 40K: Space Marine will come out for the PC.

I'm looking forward to Dead Space 2, Starcraft 2, and Portal 2. In the meanwhile, there's not enough time to catch up on all the good and great games that have come out in the past year or two.

As the years go by seems I'm interested in less and less of the games coming out.

Maybe I just have more to do now?

Mass Effect 3 might be out in '11.

Can't wait for RAGE and to see their new engine/take back their crown - Hopes.

As the years go by seems I'm interested in less and less of the games coming out.

Maybe I just have more to do now?

Nah, gaming has become mainstream and most modern games are mediocre, there's a few good gems hidden amongst the generic faff but not much.

I also have a huge backlog due to steam sales, there's a lot of stuff I havn't even installed yet much less played. Gonna have to finnish the DAO expansion pack then get some of the other games on the go, I've had Red Faction geurrilla installed and unplayed for about a month now, I just cant bring myself to play half these games for some reason.

I'm hanging up my keyboard when the Half Life saga is done, so I don't mind waiting a little longer.

Right now I'm actually re-playing some of the best games from the 2004-2006 era.

I see a thread like this every year. Every year I find I play plenty of good to great games and my plate is always full. YMMV.

I need to get around to playing STALKER: Clear Sky and getting STALKER: Call of Pripyat...I loved Shadows of Chernobyl so much.

Play Clear Sky with the Clear Sky Complete mod (its high-res textures, sounds, assets, etc) -- makes the game look very very nice. I'm replaying this now. Played through SHoC last year with the Oblivion Lost mod (highly recommended). Call of Pripyat was excellent in the spring, waiting for the "Complete" mod on that one too.

Looking forward to Starcraft II, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and maybe Fallout New Vegas -- not much interest in anything else, maybe the BFBC2 Vietnam expansion (yes i said expansion). MoH and CoD i'm going to pass on both.

Diablo 3 next year :)

black ops, MOH and episode 3. In fact episode 3 would keep me happy for a long time. I only worry its going to be short... i want a good ending!!

Back