200R Case Launched

looking good redbeard, but still waiting to see a budget case released that can mount a 360 rad :)

looking good redbeard, but still waiting to see a budget case released that can mount a 360 rad :)

Lotta guys with $300+ custom loops in $50 cases, I wonder?

A surprising amount of case cost actually comes from the raw materials down around this price point. Making the thing even 1" bigger can increase costs a surprising amount.

oh i totally understand that, but im taling around the $50-100 budget.
some of us probably haven't even spent more than $100 on our loops, i myself have had to turn my cabinet into a case just to house the rx360 radiator because well unless your willing to drop $200+ on a case there is nothing that will support it.

I like the corsair cases. My 500r is awesome despite its cheap feeling buttons.
This one looks like a nice budget build for sure....Should make it in white...white is hot these days.
Redbeard, you guys should put dust filters so they can be removed from the front....I hate that to pull the bottom filter on my 500r that I gotta disconnect everything to take the filter out the rear...put them so they pull out the front so they can be cleaned on the spot.

I like it. Looks similar to what Silverstone is putting out for a lot more money. Would like to see you save even more money by making a dedicated mATX budget case.

Look awesome-this will be a fantastic alternative to the NZXT Source 210 which has been my go to case for inexpensive client builds. This looks to have better fit and finish and more features than the NZXT. The price is just right!

A surprising amount of case cost actually comes from the raw materials down around this price point. Making the thing even 1" bigger can increase costs a surprising amount.
So basically when we see a case that costs $50 and it comes with a PSU, it's really really light or low quality case isn't it?

Anyway, the 200R looks fantastic. It hits all of my criteria for a good case and the MSRP is right for many of the budget PC builds we do over in General Hardware. As m3ta1head said, this case is going to replace the NZXT Source 210 Elite as my budget case recommendation. At least if it's ever in stock at its $60 MSRP ;).

However I do have two gripes about this case so far:
1) The NZXT Source 210 Elite had 8 x 3.5" drive capability which also made it my budget server case recommendation as well. I wish the 200R could replace the NZXT Source 210 Elite in that category. But oh well.
2) It's not widely in stock yet :D

not just with this case but but in general, wish there were fewer cases with bulged side panels, and fan holes in windows

I love the quad-SSD mount, really compact.

Waiting to see it pop up on the Corsair Case Parts Store, might need to grab one and mod it into another case (hopefully a 550D that I'll need to remove all the cages from...).

;)

Redbeard,

Nice looking case, a definite candidate for my next build. Howeve, please could you confirm the dimensions of the case - the ones on the tech specs page make it bigger than my current Fractal Design R3 by a reasonable amount...

Redbeard,

Nice looking case, a definite candidate for my next build. Howeve, please could you confirm the dimensions of the case - the ones on the tech specs page make it bigger than my current Fractal Design R3 by a reasonable amount...

Those are the external dimensions - error on our part. I'm getting that fixed.

This case is amazing for the price point in my opinion. Definitely something worth getting if you're into some case mods. Low investment for a great product.

I agree on making every air filter easily accessible. It goes a long way in usability of the case.

I might have overlooked this, but does the case come with rubber grommets for the cable management holes? I don't see any in the product pictures, but is it in the included accessories bags?

Thanks!

I honestly believe that with every release you guys must make your competitors panic. That is real quality for that price point. Are there optional fan filters available for the sides?

This kind of looks like the Fractal Design Core 3000 that I just picked up for my NAS. Looks like a quality mid tower for the price. Now all it needs is a windows :D

The sleek minimalist look is one of my favorite types of cases, and for the price this is definitely worth looking into.

Back