2007 Intel Retail Edge Purchase Program

Anyone have any info (rumors or not) about this years program? I have heard rumors that there is going to be a quad core CPU.

I heard it will be:

Mobo: Intel Bad Axe 3
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 2GB DDR3-1333

For $313.37

Haha get it? $ 31337.... ELITE! Oh yeah, and the rumor wasn't very from a very good source.

Unless I read wrong last time this happened, I believe you have to work for Intel, or at least get the deal from someone who does. I think it is some sort of points program or something. Maybe that was something different I read.

I heard it will be:

Mobo: Intel Bad Axe 3
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 2GB DDR3-1333

For $313.37

I doubt this. Retail Edge generally doesn't release (or even know) what is going to be in the purchase program until around a month before it is available for purchase since prices change rapidly. Another thing that tells me you don't know what you're talking about is the fact that you list RAM as being included. The Retail Edge program has never included RAM, and I've been in it for the last 3 years.

I'm pretty sure the retail edge thing is for employees of retail stores that sell computers and parts. I may be thinking of something else, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

The prices are generally pretty good for what you get as well. And I'll agree with the never seen ram included before statement.

Bad Axe 3 doesn't exist. What we may see should be a DX38BT Bone Trail with the new X38 chipset instead. Those boards should be available in september 2007.

Back