2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
OFF-TOPIC anyone? :p I want to post pics of my new setup, but my crappy old Olympia died on me. guess ill have to wait. :rolleyes:

where my work gets done.
DSC00072.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

sales/service/rentals, the only pace i know where you can have your bike serviced, drop off your computer, and have your car stereo installed while you wait for your small appliance to be repaired.

And my high-school teachers said i'd never amount to anything. :eek:

2007 is approaching fast and this thread is long in the tooth. Anymore off topic posts and it'll close sooner than later.

beachbum said:
Maybe the 2007 thread will be a "sticky" at the top of the page :mad: .

Maybe that would happen if only everybody did't go OT and too little pictures and way too much chatter.

Unlikely that thread
"The cleaned post pics of your rig! - ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENTS"

alandowner2006 said:
http://www.alan-downer.co.uk/mypc/23112006215.jpg
my pc tell me what you think and how i could tidy the cables up a little bit please
The goggles! They do nothing!

j/k :D

alandowner2006 said:
the goggles what you mean the goggles lol
It's a Simpsons joke...

Anyways, tip #1 for wire management: Get rid of all your different-coloured lights. Contrary to what you might believe, they don't make your computer look better.

To put it kindly, you need to organize your cables a bit better. Try finding hidden cavities in the case and running as much behind the motherboard as possible. Also, reverse the hard drives' position so as to hide the connectors unless you've already done that.

thanxs but i did try and reverse the hard drives but the cables wouldnt reach cos i have a raid controller which runs 4 hard drives lol plus the PSU cables i dont no if u see are hidden in cable run down the center of the case and also at the back of the case lol

help me resize :

01012006001.jpg

01012006002.jpg

01012006004.jpg

01012006010.jpg

01012006011.jpg

01012006006.jpg

this is my first attempt to tidy up my workstation comments are welcome, also i tried reversing my HD cage and the fan too...comments are welcome..

alandowner2006 said:
thanxs but i did try and reverse the hard drives but the cables wouldnt reach cos i have a raid controller which runs 4 hard drives lol plus the PSU cables i dont no if u see are hidden in cable run down the center of the case and also at the back of the case lol
Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I saw a CCFL or two just hanging there, and you had lots of loose wires running around. If you can't find a way to route the cables nicely then my suggestion is just to remove the lights altogether.

General wire-management tips: Start from the bottom. Strip down your computer, and gradually add components. Once you've routed the cables for one component, stick in the next and route that one. It's a bit more time-consuming, but it will be a lot easier to get everything clean. Also, get rid of any extra wires. Tuck extra molex connectors and cable slack behind the motherboard tray, into empty drive bays, between drives, basically wherever you can. Get rid of all excess wires and components.

wow, iseedeadpeeps, that is a nice phone you got there, hiding amongst some other nice stuff hahah.

el rolio said:
wow, iseedeadpeeps, that is a nice phone you got there, hiding amongst some other nice stuff hahah.
hey thanks...didnt notice that...j/k, yeah i like to show my stuff just a bit, like my case i didnt use a clear acrylic on it i used a smoke acrylic instead, so it is showing off like that but not so obvious...that phone is awesome wifi is fast...

why did they replace those old ball mouses, they worked much better than todays touchpads and finger ones, imo.

samsung.204b said:
why did they replace those old ball mouses, they worked much better than todays touchpads and finger ones, imo.
You joking right?

So I take it you prefer wired mouse over wireless? :D

im kinda partial to the old nubbin myself. The again, i use a mouse all the time unless im on a short trip or some other odd reason

Eeeesh... Here I go....

AMD RULES said:
very nice view.....

Why thank you!

Kido1986 said:
I wish I had a good view like you. All I see is a nasty concrete wall in my dorm

I hear you… I did that for TWO years.

MonsterEnergy said:
@ Arcygenical, is that a coolmaster mastige i spy.. I like the handles, nice case

Good eye!

Bbq said:
Aerocool masstige :)

Arc, I have the SAME keyboard. BenQ X-touch x700. <3 does that F-lock button ever work for you?

Are you KVM'ing between the mac and the pc?

Definitely the best keyboard. I got it for 9$ Shipped + Taxxed Canadian.

You need to install the (crappy) drivers to get the F-lock to work.

I’m not KVMing, I’m using Synergy2 to share 1 mouse and 1 keyboard over my 2gb bridged LAN connection. My mac screen is to the left of my 2 pc screens, and when my laptop is on it's set up to the right of my widescreen Acer (rightmost) PC LCD.

Zero82z said:
Heh, I've got the same chair. It's awesome, but after about 2 years the seat cushioning has worn down a lot. Too bad Costco isn't selling them any more :(.

I love the chair… Mine sqeaks tho :mad: Best 80$ I've ever spent. I just filled the bottom of the chair up with some foam... I gave it a boob-job. Split the seam at the back, stuffed it, and stapled it back shut.

a ronin said:
Ha! that looks like a strip off the Hollywood Boulevard more than Toronto. Do you live around Finch station where all the posh boutiques resides? Nice view.

Just a quick comment on your setup. It looks very quaint and comfortable. Have you consider throwing that setup to a KVM? It's odd that you would dedicate 2 monitors to the XP box and leave OS X alone.

I live RIGHT at Wellesley station. Infact… you can SEE it in that pic! If you're leaving the station... Just look UP! I’m RIGHT beside the Sutton Hotel. The street you see in the pic is Wellesley, the very top of the picture is (although you can barely make it out) Younge street.

As for KVMing… totally not needed! Networked perhiperials > ALL! (read above)

The Mac is only a (1.5tb) media server (sadly) and folding machine... It doesn’t pack as much punch as it used to (3.5ghz Conroe really outshines it). Since I game on the PC's screens and do work on my laptop... I really dont have any use for it anymore (It was super useful when I first got it, cream of the crop for DJ work, and it really paid for it's self in < 1 year). The reason I dedicated 2 screens to the XP box is for coding or writing essays... When you can have 2-3 source documents + the one you're working on all in eye's view... Well, productivity^n.

3 screens + Laptop all on 1 mouse/keyboard... :)

Now I'm going to Mcdonalds.

samsung.204b said:

ball mouse ? what ? I use the mx518 on bothe the xp laptops using synergy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back