2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cybortec said:
Thanks all again for the WOW compliments! ;)

Here is the close up of the chair and detailed picture of the desk.
ad9a68dd.jpg
44784a21.jpg

Where did you get that chair? it looks awesome, bought a chair 1year ago, kinda lost the comfortable feeling after a years use.

m3ta1head said:
I have the same desk, and I absolutely love it. Mind PMing me some details about how you managed the wires? Maybe some closeup pics? The wire management for all my external cables is just horrid.

No problemo. Uploading pictures as we speak.

Here's my workstation:

workstation1.jpg

closer pic:

workstation3.jpg

ghetto cooling for my piece of sh** D-link router that likes to overheat a lot:

workstation2.jpg

pic of the innards of my PC, as well as a way to hide BF2 from my anti-videogame mom (Let's hope that my mom doesn't surf [H]Forums):

workstation4.jpg

ellover009 said:
Where did you get that chair? it looks awesome, bought a chair 1year ago, kinda lost the comfortable feeling after a years use.

This is a repost. "That chair I got it from my local Staples store. It is extremely hard to find it nowadays, since they are all already sold out. I noticed t is not listed on Staples web site anymore, but there are some other nice chairs you can purchase though."

Thanks for the comments :D

The blue lights are cold cathodes positioned around the desk. Theyre controlled by 2 sunbeam lightbusses on the front. Also theyre powered by a power supply just sitting on my floor haha.

u8myrice said:
I wonder why there's a roll of toilet paper and klenex on your workstation. Where's the lotion man? :rolleyes:

dad uses toilet paper rolls as a substitute for Kleenex (he sleeps in that room), while I use Kleenex.

Just recently replaced my large P160 PC with a new MacBook Pro.. Dual booting Mac OSX and Windows XP (for the games).. Definitely loving it. BF2, HL2DM, and WoW are my games of choice.

How well do that mouse work on that pull out tray? Look like it would skip a lot.

u8myrice said:
Cleaned it up a little bit before I took pictures. New setup. Running my HTPC at the moment while waiting for Conroe and DX10. New corner table: glass on steel. Very sexy.

Here are the pictures of my desk. It was built all by hand, by myself.

The pictures of my desk, moving from left to right.

Some Light reading... ;)

Jarod888 said:
Here are the pictures of my desk. It was built all by hand, by myself.

Starting in the left corner moving right:

That shiny big book laying horizontally looks a lot like the Book of Sex by Madonna

I got some POS speakesr for my setup... couldn't keep listening to headphones -- gave me tinitus!

desknew1.jpg

desknew2.jpg

Also added a little ledge to my Jerker.

Screwz Luse said:

Just recently replaced my large P160 PC with a new MacBook Pro.. Dual booting Mac OSX and Windows XP (for the games).. Definitely loving it. BF2, HL2DM, and WoW are my games of choice.

nice workstation. where did you buy that l-table?

u can run both mac os x and winxp on that mac notebook, how does it work?

stopmenow said:
nice workstation. where did you buy that l-table?

use can run both mac os x and winxp on that mac notebook, how does it work?
I believe I bought the table about 3 years ago at WalMart for about $120. Good price at the time as it's pretty sturdy, unfortunately it's a little trashed from all my moves and I'm not sure if it'll last another. lol.. Sad as it's pretty nice.

I definitely like being able to run WinXP and Mac OSX. Personally, I've been using Windows for many years and decided that I really wanted to get into the mac side (not because I hate Windows, quite the contrary, but because I had heard really good things) so I decided if I was going to make a step into Apple, might as well make it big and picked up the 17" MacBook Pro. heh... I really use OSX as my main OS althougbh when I do feel like gaming (except for WoW), I run XP. Although, WoW does run better on the XP side, all of my email and IM stuff is on the Mac side. Windows XP still has some issues (I had a few random restarts for some reason) but it's pretty stable. I do have a few problems with OSX (Finder, for instance, is far inferior to Windows Explorer to me except for Spotlight which is nice) but for the most part, it's an awesome OS.

from Happy Hopping:
That shiny big book laying horizontally looks a lot like the Book of Sex by Madonna

The black one on the third shelf is a spiral note book, on the shelf above that is another of my paintings.

On that note, the painting in the background, behind the printer is one of my own, I painted on September 11th 2001, I guess it symbolizes hope, a light on in a dark, cloudy world.

great painting dude. have u got a digital scan or something of it? would love to have that as wallpaper.

u should post some of ur pictures on deviant art.

Soyo13 said:
How well do that mouse work on that pull out tray? Look like it would skip a lot.

Very well actually. I put a clear tape thing under it and works like a charm. I don't know how it does, but it works. I play CSS with that and accuracy is superb.

u8myrice said:
Very well actually. I put a clear tape thing under it and works like a charm. I don't know how it does, but it works. I play CSS with that and accuracy is superb.

wouldnt you rather use a pad though? does it ever catch on the metal?

konstantinos said:
great painting dude. have u got a digital scan or something of it? would love to have that as wallpaper.

u should post some of ur pictures on deviant art.

Thanks for the compliment!

I don't have a digital scan of it but, I can take a high resolution pic and send it to you. I think I am going to get a seven or higher megapixal camera soon, and then I can get you a picture.

Once I get the camera, I will take some pictures of my other paintings and drawings.

Jarod888 said:
Thanks for the compliment!

I don't have a digital scan of it but, I can take a high resolution pic and send it to you. I think I am going to get a seven or higher megapixal camera soon, and then I can get you a picture.

Once I get the camera, I will take some pictures of my other paintings and drawings.

Cool man i appreciate that. My email is in my profile.

apex32 said:
wouldnt you rather use a pad though? does it ever catch on the metal?

Nope, not at all. It glides. The only problem is there isn't enough space to move around in games. Normal windows this and that is fine, without problems. When it comes to games, I like to play at low sensitivity, so I move around ALOT.

crazykidz said:
http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0003ux7.jpg

Where'd you get that Rurouni Kenshin hanging? My brother loves that show, and I'd like to buy it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back