2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deathjester said:
very nice J-M-E

edit: do all those lights get annoying?

thats why they have there is a power button :D, and on the computer there is a lightbus

DSC01199.jpg

got bored and took another picture

nice lcd and keyboard, ive been thingking about getting the G15 for a long time, how is it holding up and do you have any complaints on it?

Hi guys,

This is my recently finished custom modified workstation I have done myself at my home. This is my own vision of a modern/ futuristic PC workstation environment.

The steel/ glass desk had been custom modified to support the weight of my new large LCD display along with other structures. Surrounding furnitures had also been custom modified according to my own specs for aesthetics, ergonomics, comfort, enjoyment, and relaxation. The entire custom installed lighting system is 100% LED technology that can stay on 24/7, including PC case (no cold cathode CCFL due to unsafe reported fire hazards). I also custom built a vibrating floor to go with my audio system for ultimate personal interactive entertainment experience. I really enjoyed working on this project and it turned out phenomenal to my satisfaction.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to replacing my good old ergo keyboard for either a new laser projector keyboard, or a wireless rechargeable backlit keyboard soon (those darn white PS/2 cables annoys me).

Hope you all enjoy some of my pics of my workstation.

7a4bc5f7.jpg

6b50e162.jpg

641b94b4.jpg

d7886008.jpg

25dd4789.jpg

a7e4f636.jpg

18c4a9c1.jpg

Psht, ya'll ain't no pros till you've turned your mom's lovely living room into this:

livingroom.jpg

edit: at least I'm trying, that tower drawers cost me $30! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Korialstrasza said:
Psht, ya'll ain't no pros till you've turned your mom's lovely living room into this:

edit: at least I'm trying, that tower drawers cost me $30! :eek: :eek: :eek:

shit if i did that to my moms living room she would cut off my nutsack

WOW. You sir are a true master of your craft. Awesome, pleasure to look at it , thanks for posting cybortek!

Cybortec said:
Hi guys,

This is my recently finished custom modified workstation I have done myself at my home. This is my own vision of a modern/ futuristic PC workstation environment.

The steel/ glass desk had been custom modified to support the weight of my new large LCD display along with other structures. Surrounding furnitures had also been custom modified according to my own specs for aesthetics, ergonomics, comfort, enjoyment, and relaxation. The entire custom installed lighting system is 100% LED technology that can stay on 24/7, including PC case (no cold cathode CCFL due to unsafe reported fire hazards). I also custom built a vibrating floor to go with my audio system for ultimate personal interactive entertainment experience. I really enjoyed working on this project and it turned out phenomenal to my satisfaction.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to replacing my good old ergo keyboard for either a new laser projector keyboard, or a wireless rechargeable backlit keyboard soon (those darn white PS/2 cables annoys me).

Hope you all enjoy some of my pics of my workstation.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/7a4bc5f7.jpg[/IMG]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/6b50e162.jpg[/IMG]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/641b94b4.jpg[/IMG]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/d7886008.jpg[/IMG]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/25dd4789.jpg[/IMG]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/a7e4f636.jpg[/IMG]
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/Cybortec/18c4a9c1.jpg[/IMG]

what are the specs on that huge lcd?

Glad you guys like my workstation and thanks for your compliments. ;)

>>That's alot of blue. I dig the theme. Your chair looks insanely comfy.>>

The reason why I picked a blue theme is bacause it is very soothing to the eyes and it gives a pleasant icy cool feel and high tech look. I want to avoid white lights (sore on the eye) and multi-colors (Don't want my place to look like Christmas tree lights). Yes the chair is very comfortable to sit on it for hours. I like to sit back and relax in a reclining position while I am working or surfing online.

>>WOW. You sir are a true master of your craft. Awesome, pleasure to look at it , thanks for posting cybortek!>>

Always a pleasure to share my ideas, so you guys can do the same as me. Thanks for your compliments.

>>what are the specs on that huge lcd?>>

Specifications:

Display Area 32"
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Contrast Ratio 1200:1
Pixel Pitch 0.51 x 0.51 mm
Resolution 1366 x 768
Speakers 2

Inputs RS-232 Communication
Composite RCA
DVI-HDCP
S-Video

Input Terminals Video Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr
Antenna Terminal
VGA(15Pin D-SUB)

Power Consumption 160W
Weight 48.4 lbs.
Unit Dimensions: 37.6”W x 12.6” D x 22.7”H (incl. base)

Features:

8ms Response Time
800cd/m2 Brightness
Long Life 60,000 Hour Backlight-Lifetime:

On/Off Timer
Easy to use 256 color 3D Menus (High Performance Interface)
Digital Visual Interface (DVI) Input with HDCP (for HD direct digital input with copy protection decoding or PC In)

Component DVD/DTV (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) & Audio L/R In
Favorite Channel Selection/Surf
MTS / SAP
2 Line Comb Filter
De-Interlace Scanning
Colour Temperature Adjustment
Freeze Screen
Sleep Timer
Auto picture Mute when no signal is present
PIP, Split Screen
Picture Zoom Function
Earphone Jack
Parental Control –V Chip
Closed Caption Decoder
Trilingual OSD (English/ French/ Spanish)
Swivel Base

Welcome to [H] cybortek, although your already pretty 1337 in my books i must say

Also like how you can just turn around and stare at the beach picture to relax and get some down time. BTW where did you get the chair and foot rest from?

apex32 said:
nice lcd and keyboard, ive been thingking about getting the G15 for a long time, how is it holding up and do you have any complaints on it?

i really dun like the gkey setup just makes the keyboard to big...and i keep hitting them on accident other that than nope love it...esp making some applets for the lcd in lcdstudio

I agree, where did you get that chair? i am in the market for a new chair to go along with the re-design and layout of my office the next few months.

until then i will be sitting on the floor in the middle of the room with no desk or chair! :eek:

'on floor, gasping for air'
Full on just loving it, out of interest how much was the entire mod?

Cleaned it up a little bit before I took pictures. New setup. Running my HTPC at the moment while waiting for Conroe and DX10. New corner table: glass on steel. Very sexy.

those X-530's are great arent they? I got mine on the buy.com $40 shipped deal. Best $40 ive ever spent, no joke. Im gonna take pics of my setup when my A620 comes on Saturday.

Thanks all again for the WOW compliments! ;)

>>Welcome to [H] cybortek, although your already pretty 1337 in my books i must say

Why thank you! I feel honored. LOL

>>Also like how you can just turn around and stare at the beach picture to relax and get some down time. BTW where did you get the chair and foot rest from?
>>I agree, where did you get that chair? i am in the market for a new chair to go along with the re-design and layout of my office the next few months. until then i will be sitting on the floor in the middle of the room with no desk or chair!

That's the main idea about relaxation with the beach behind me. LOL I painted that big picture but still not yet finished. That chair I got it from my local Staples store. It is extremely hard to find it nowadays, since they are all already sold out. I noticed t is not listed on Staples web site anymore, but there are some other nice chairs you can purchase though. My ottoman (feet rest) was custom built. I was looking to purchase an ottoman, but is is way too pricy at stores ($150-$250!!!), so I disassembled my old chair by removing the back rest and rebulit it. I redesigned the seat padding, recovered and stitched it in a newer black leather material, so it looks new now to match with my chair. Saves me money than buying a new expensive ottoman

>>i think i just had an orgasm from you set up <3

I hope you used your condom wisely. LOL

>>'on floor, gasping for air'
Full on just loving it, out of interest how much was the entire mod?

Take it easy dude! I hope you don't get a heart attack! hehe.. It is of course not cheap in the thousands range, but I won't go any further into details. If it was custom built by someone else, yes it would be extremely expensive. I once got a quote from a guy to do custom LED lighting alone asking for $500!! I was shocked and thought he is F NUTS!!! So I did the lighting mod myself to save money. Since I modded the entire workstation myself, it is a lot cheaper for me than to get someone else do it for me.

Here is the close up of the chair and detailed picture of the desk.
ad9a68dd.jpg
44784a21.jpg

u8myrice said:
Cleaned it up a little bit before I took pictures. New setup. Running my HTPC at the moment while waiting for Conroe and DX10. New corner table: glass on steel. Very sexy.

Nice desk! It was one of my options on the list but I changed my mind. I once went into a showroom and noticed their demo desk shakes and squeaks like crazy and I can see messy wires through clear glass. So I decided not to get this and instead got a desk with black tinted glass. It is a nice looking desk you got though.

u8myrice said:

Holly molly you have the exact "look" am looking for DUDE please but please tell me where you got that desk is it the one from Ikea ?

i seen it at frys, ony thing i didnt like are those raised connections between the glass. Sucks if you wanted to spread something out like a keyboard in the middle.

Hey really like the led illuminations around your workstation. Most unique i have seen up to this day.

AlphexHunter said:
Holly molly you have the exact "look" am looking for DUDE please but please tell me where you got that desk is it the one from Ikea ?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7666983&type=product&id=1134701147263

This is the glass table. I bought it half a week ago. Its very sturdy even if it doesn't seem like it. It comes in black and tan/gray (the one I have). The keyboard tray is removeable so you can choose to put the keyboard on top or leave it on the tray.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the table. It has alot of potention for clean wire management also.

RE: BestBuy desk

notice the windex by the desk. You can bet, it probably there more often than not. I like the desk too. I'd buy some black matted surface sheets so that I don't have to look underneathe the table which can be distracting. In all, mucho potential for a 150 dollar desk.

OfficeMax and Depot sell the desk too btw.

u8myrice said:

lol @ Barrel man :D !!!

I'm thinking of picking up a set of the X-530's, I currently have the X-230's and was wondering if it would be noticeable?

Cybortec said:
*lots of text and sexeh images*

Dude, that has to be the sexiest table I've ever seen! It crushes the LianLi one too, hehe... :) *jealous*

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Cleaned up a bit and stuff, the table looks abit messy but it's not really... :/ looks better IRL in some weird way.

>>Cybortec Your Workstation Rox
Hey really like the led illuminations around your workstation. Most unique i have seen up to this day.

Thanks! You rock too.

>>Cybortec, can you show me where you got that desk?

I bought my desk at my local office furniture dealer in Canada. It is very strong, sturdy, solid, and of high quality construction. It does not shake and squeak compared to other glass desks I've encountered. It is Leda GPC-77 black usually sell for $300-$350. You can go to www.ledadesk.com for info. You can try searching through Google for this desk cheaper. If you live in US, you can check out local Target store. They are having it on sale now. If you want blue desk for $179.99 (best price) and black for $254.99, go here;

http://www.target.com/gp/search.htm...field-browse=1038614&field-keywords=leda desk

If you want black cheaper for $190.99+ shipping, go here;

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1439

***Note: If you plan to put a big heavy LCD on top of this glass desk like mine, beware that this desk is not designed for heavy weight LCD on top of the tempered glass. The mid section has weak support, which may bend or break tempered glass. I had to custom modify the desk to strengthen the mid section frame to support the weight of my big heavy LCD on top of the glass. If you have a smaller than 25" LCD, then you are safe and okay.

>>
knaSen said:
Dude, that has to be the sexiest table I've ever seen! It crushes the LianLi one too, hehe... :) *jealous*

Thanks! hehe..

>>Cleaned up a bit and stuff, the table looks abit messy but it's not really... :/ looks better IRL in some weird way.

Nice desk you have. I like the curved design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back