2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Doyle said:
lol @ Barrel man :D !!!

I'm thinking of picking up a set of the X-530's, I currently have the X-230's and was wondering if it would be noticeable?

LOL. Yup. Friend got me taht as a gift. I nearly cried when he showed me how that works. It's awesome.

>>Cybortec, how hot does it get in that room?

It gets really really scorching hot like a sauna room or like a beach scenery behind my chair!! LOL Just kidding!

Actually, my workstation area is very cool all the time. Unlike any florescent, incandescent, etc. lights that burns excessive heat energy, LED lights does not emit any heat at all. LED technology uses very little wattage power and are the most energy efficient lighting system available in the market today. It can be expensive to purchase, but well worth the investment in terms of energy efficiency. It is warm/cool to the touch with your fingers, therefore it does not burn your high energy bills. They are much safer to run 24/7 too.

>>he probably has this new invention called air conditioning :p

LOL Yeah I modified my own air conditioning too! Just kidding.

eab16hatchie said:
got a new desk

pic33rt.jpg

how did you go about taking that sweet pano shot?

LordGardenGnome said:
http://www.clanm7.com/albums/album24/LGG020001.jpg
All i could do in a barracks
Ha! Funny to run into you here, Gnome! That fish certificate sure looks nice in your bookshelf! I get mine on Friday, w00t!

lozaning said:
how did you go about taking that sweet pano shot?

i just put my camera on a tripod and took three different pictures and put them together with photoshop

UberGeek427 said:
eab16hatchie where'd you get that desk? I really like it.

i got it from office depot...i love the desk..it is great for cable management

i actually have 2 of these desks...here is a pic of my other setup
pic16lw.jpg

Cybortec said:
>>

Nice desk you have. I like the curved design.

Thanks mate. :)
Believe it or not, it's IKEA. :D Should get me some drawers perhaps, so I don't have to have all the crap on the desk.

desk17mp.jpg

i guess my TV is part of my setup....
propellar0yk.jpg

(^^one of the few pics that actually give an accurate picture of my tv... and it was by fluke!)
maxenttv11tx.jpg

i think purple goes better with the 5500s...
purplez5500119xk.jpg

Nice little stereo setup there Omegaslast.
Do you have two different speaker setups? The polks and the 5500s? What do you use each setup for?

BTW, I love the rat's nest of wires below you desk. Reminds me of desk setup, haha.

Omegaslast said:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8324/desk17mp.jpg
Very nice setup. I was wondering what desk that is (possibly some linkage :D). I'm in the market for a new desk and I like the look of it. I think it'd look awesome with one of Ikea's cable racks to go along with it.

Screwz Luse said:
Very nice setup. I was wondering what desk that is (possibly some linkage :D). I'm in the market for a new desk and I like the look of it. I think it'd look awesome with one of Ikea's cable racks to go along with it.

me thinks its an Ikea Galant

Just thought I'd post a small update to my area as I just built a small hutch for my desk this past weekend to give me a little more storage area so things didn't lay around on the floor.

dsc000193zq.jpg

Bio-Hazard said:
Sure is, it's a Mountain Mods U2 UFO.................;)

wow, jsut got back from google and those things are nice, how hevay are they?

wow, jsut got back from google and those things are nice, how hevay are they?

Empty they are pretty light, about 15 lbs I think. Mine is a bit on the heavy side because of all the water cooling I have in the thing.

123xv.jpg

107oo.jpg

hey u should build and sell furniture, that hutch looks great imo!

Thanks, it still needs a proper finish, but that's the wifes department............ :D

u8myrice said:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7666983&type=product&id=1134701147263

This is the glass table. I bought it half a week ago. Its very sturdy even if it doesn't seem like it. It comes in black and tan/gray (the one I have). The keyboard tray is removeable so you can choose to put the keyboard on top or leave it on the tray.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the table. It has alot of potention for clean wire management also.

I have the same desk, and I absolutely love it. Mind PMing me some details about how you managed the wires? Maybe some closeup pics? The wire management for all my external cables is just horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back