• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
u8myrice said:
Sweet setup and organization skills. It's a room with alot of stuff, yet it lokos organized.

Here's mine. Just cleaned it up a tiny bit.

That can't be nice on your back? I can't sit like that for long before it starts to hurt... :/
 
DSC00033.jpg


Just added COMPAQ 21" CRT, along side with my ViewSonic 19" CRT

Hooked up to my trusty P3 1266MHz Custom Built: ASUS Mobo, 512MB Crucial RAM, 80GB HD, Sound Blaster Live, GeForce 6200 256MB Video
 
My Office
tn_DSC00739.jpg

I couldn't afford a desk when I bought the house but there was a extra interior door in the garage. Just a few $0.50 shelf brackets and I've got a desk. It's been serving me well for almost 2 years.

I like what I've been seeing though and am tempted to buy a corner desk. The wife likes the look of those glass desks but I doubt I'll ever see her clean it. :D Keep the post coming, I'm liking what I see.
 
glass desks are a bad idea, dust WILL get into every space you never reach for, and you will neglect to clean it. So a nice roomy corner desk is definitely a better way to go, especially to fit all your computing needs. Function over form ;)
 
Some older pics I found lol
My athlon XP rig...
pic2.jpg

(2500mobile@2.7ghz, 1gb kingston hyper X, 9800np@490/400)
eee.jpg

uol.jpg

1.jpg

OMG lol that was my pentium 4 rig!!!!!!!!!! :eek: w/ a 17" monitor!!!!! :eek:
Last year....
blahhh.jpg

Now...
Picture003.jpg

Picture042.jpg
 
knaSen said:
That can't be nice on your back? I can't sit like that for long before it starts to hurt... :/

What do you mean? Are you referring to my setup or the other guy's setup?
 
Angry Bear said:
Very nice setup, what are the Alienware laptop's specs?

Pentium M 2.0 (dothan)
1 gb of memory
ATI Radeon X1600 Mobitlity (with the possibility to switch to an Intel Extreme Graphics for battery needs)
15,4'' 1680 x 1050 16:10


SC385 said:
where'd you get that desk? great setup btw.

quake_max said:
And for the desk, It has been 3 years since I bought it. I can't tell where I took it. It's a standard ''L'' form desk that I modified with the years. I removed everything exept the desktable. I like it clear and clean :rolleyes:
 
I do like that desk; to bad you can't recall where you got it from.

Oh yeah, and since people keep forgeting:

DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES!!!

as stated 4 times in the first post.
 
WarlordOne said:
I do like that desk; to bad you can't recall where you got it from.

Oh yeah, and since people keep forgeting:

DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES!!!

as stated 4 times in the first post.

oops... my bad. edited my post to remove them
 
altered some things, looks better than the last time i posted here, whenever that was
DSC01826.jpg

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01828.jpg

DSC01829.jpg


My G7 Comes tomorrow, that should look very good :)
 
u8myrice said:
What do you mean? Are you referring to my setup or the other guy's setup?

I ment your setup. The monitor is a bit more to the left than the keyboard itself which makes a kinda uncomfy position imo... :/ But it might work for you. :) Just asking!
 
jmroberts70 : I love that rear mirror idea. I hate when that happens, you will be playing a game and some one comes behind you. Very cool workstation you got there.
 
hey sobek where did u get that background on the left monitor? it looks kinda like the windows xp default one but WAY better... can u link me?
 
WarlordOne said:
I do like that desk; to bad you can't recall where you got it from.

Oh yeah, and since people keep forgeting:

DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES!!!

as stated 4 times in the first post.

You can get the desk at Staples for $79.99+tax. Works well, and easy to build.
 
Pkirk618 said:
hate it when that happens :D

Yea the same reason why i wish my home phone had caller ID, because i hate when my gf calls and i cant fly (BF2) and talk to her the same time.
 
roninblade said:
Yea the same reason why i wish my home phone had caller ID, because i hate when my gf calls and i cant fly (BF2) and talk to her the same time.

lmao. Awesome excuse ;)
 
dwilson041781 said:
is that a bacardi bottle cap attached in center of clip fan?>LOL, nice.


Yep. I attached it with sticky tack (the stuff you use for posters) while I was in college about 4 years ago.
 
knaSen said:
I ment your setup. The monitor is a bit more to the left than the keyboard itself which makes a kinda uncomfy position imo... :/ But it might work for you. :) Just asking!

ACtually it's not that comfortable. I usually have my chair slanted, so that I'm facing the monitor. I don't really have room in the middle to have the monitor directly facing me. =[
 
jmroberts70 said:
Well here's my "home away from home"...
workstation2006-01.jpg

Dude, I have the same keyboard. And nice dual Keypads.
And it's hard to belive you got 350gb of songs legally... *cough* LIMEWIRE *cough*
But regardless of the questionable legality of your songs--Very nice setup, and nice rear-view mirror

One last thing: Where're you're speakers???
 
J_I_M_B_O said:
Dude, I have the same keyboard. And nice dual Keypads.
And it's hard to belive you got 350gb of songs legally... *cough* LIMEWIRE *cough*
But regardless of the questionable legality of your songs--Very nice setup, and nice rear-view mirror

One last thing: Where're you're speakers???

There is one speaker on the sides of the two monitors.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top