2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
redid all the cabling behind the desk tonight....

p10105925wp.jpg

cfull said:
Id like a pair of Sennheiser 595s, im using 497s right now. But i just cant justify spending 200 bucks on headphones and then needing to spend 200 more on a headphone amp to use them to their full potential. I might just get some 555s and just be done with it, no amp lol.

Get the Sony MDR V 900. It's the world's best "Foldable" headphone, its impedance is only 19 ohm, so it doesn't need a headphone amp. Sennieiser has very heavy impedance, they made better headphone than Sony, but I can never use it because I use headphone at the gym. So in the end, I pick V900, for its low impedance, and the only headphone that can fold in a ball shape.

Happy Hopping said:
Get the Sony MDR V 900. It's the world's best "Foldable" headphone, its impedance is only 19 ohm, so it doesn't need a headphone amp. Sennieiser has very heavy impedance, they made better headphone than Sony, but I can never use it because I use headphone at the gym. So in the end, I pick V900, for its low impedance, and the only headphone that can fold in a ball shape.

No offense to your Sony MDV V900s, but if they are a foldable portable headphone, im pretty sure they dont sound 1/100 as good as a decent pair of sennheisers.

cfull said:
No offense to your Sony MDV V900s, but if they are a foldable portable headphone, im pretty sure they dont sound 1/100 as good as a decent pair of sennheisers.
actually the v900's sound nearly as good as some 555's.

PS-RagE said:
I was retaking a photo of myself for my website. This is my in my new home office - not in the basement anymore.
Dude where can i pick up one of those t-shirt, do they com to the UK and in skinny lol :p
sweet camrea

dwilson041781 said:
is that desk on the market and if so what name, like the looks and the under shelving.

NICE n clean setup, and checked out your Photogallery page, VERY nice photos, how long have u been at it?

That desk was a custom build to fit that corner.

I've been into photography for many years but only seriously for the last two.

Yeah well I guess my measuring skills weren't quite up to speed back then I guess. Plus it is so frigging big I had to rip all the door frames apart to get it into the house! :rolleyes:

Alright, I went from this.....(as posted on page 9 or 10 of this thread)

desk.jpg

to this

deskD.jpg

deskE.jpg

deskF.jpg

Quite an improvement. I was so sick of looking at that nasty light ash-veneer desk.

Lookin good guys...maybe ill finish organizing mine tomorrow and get some pictures if im not to lazy haha ;)

Nothing fancy, just a normal table I got at Officmax but it suits me. And yeah I'm a Godzilla collector--the rest of the room is packed with toys and original posters :cool:

mydesk1ua.jpg

did some cleanin up and moved something around
Before
WS1.JPG

After
WS6.JPG

Moved out the big desk half to the living room and took it apart so my brother can come and get it and replaced it with the rear seat of my 89 turbo voyager :D

Old and Busted

DeskPics003.jpg

Hip and NEW!

New desk, chair, and keyboard/mouse

P1140007.jpg

P1140005.jpg

Reason for all the Dust-off in picture two:
P1160005.jpg

And now with backlighting:
P1160006.jpg

silasbear said:
redid all the cabling behind the desk tonight....

Ok, gotta ask what that little LCD screen below that awsome huge monitor is and what is on it..

enigmamdw said:
Ok, gotta ask what that little LCD screen below that awsome huge monitor is and what is on it..

The mini is a 7" xenarc touchscreen lcd.

The big one is a 26" Sharp aquos.

I use the 7" for winamp, trillian, aux controls on DVD players, and anything 640 x 480 and below since the sharp wont display it properly. It is great for winamp. With the touch screen, you can just tap the next arrow to skip songs.

Went back to the furniture store and picked up the filing unit as the bottom of my new setup was a little too open for my tastes...looks much better and hides some of the cables. Next up: new chair. Hopefully a Herman Miller Aeron, if i can find a good deal on one used.

deskD.jpg

deskE.jpg

deskF.jpg

Treyshadow said:
enigmamdw

What chair is that

It's a cheap-o $80 leather chair from Fry's...I'll look into the maker and post it when I get home.

It's not the best chair...I'm probably going to sell it and get a nicer one. The arm rests are kinda wiggly and it seems lopsided a bit. You have to put it together yourself so there might be some user error there...

Yaik said:
thamk you for the link, great product.

No prob. I got mine from Mp3car.com

Cheaper and a 30 day money back warranty from them.

Here is a better picture:

img02402rl.jpg

Here is a pic of my old aquos that was replaced under warranty

img02215bj.jpg

Cold Dark Shadow said:
After
http://skullwerkz.com/forumpics/2006workstationpics/WS6.JPG
Moved out the big desk half to the living room and took it apart so my brother can come and get it and replaced it with the rear seat of my 89 turbo voyager :D
Ha! When I lived in my fraternity I had the rear seat of my mom's old Voyager for a couch. Quite useful.

Pics...

My office, in all it's messy glory:
office_tagged01.jpg

I liked how the desk hides away my computer... of course, that was when I had a P3-500, and temps weren't an issue:
office_tagged02.jpg

(Erm, ignore the 'I Love You'... my girl got herself a whiteboard for XMas...)

Office/storage room (can't wait to get out of an apt.):
office_tagged03.jpg

Tried some cable mgmt, but there's just too many:
office_tagged04.jpg

I just realized my camera doens't suck as bad as I thought. I took all these pictures with the lights out. Awesome fill flash. :)

-bZj

Long-time lurker here, just thought I'd stop by with some shots of my setup. Just had a major clearout of my office yesterday, and also got a few new bits delivered today. The desk was actually built by me in early 2005.

desk-left.jpg

The TFT is connected to the laptop as a secondary monitor. Only temporarily though. Just under the desk out of the shot is a Chenbro Gaming Bomb which I got for about £11 when it was on offer somewhere :)

desk-right.jpg

You can see my two other tower cases here (Coolermaster Centurion and Lian Li PC-60). Also on top of the desk is the Silverstone case currently housing a Mini-ITX motherboard and a very loud, very old hard drive :D

shelves.jpg

Spare parts shelves/drawers, business stuff, laser printer, and acoustic guitar.

Funnily enough out of all the computers seen in these photos the laptop is currently the only one that's up and running. I'm still halfway through building the others. The Lian Li will become my main machine, and the Coolermaster and the Silverstone will become a fileserver and a local development server (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) though I haven't decided which will be which yet. Leaning towards using the Coolermaster as a fileserver as I can stick a whole bunch of drives inside it. The Chenbro's probably going to go someplace else, as I don't really like the thing.

Oh, and I am aware that this carpet needs hoovering ;)

Sam

LiQuiD[EViL] said:
http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/1e_resize2.JPG[/IMG]
Too Many PCs and Crap. Bottom Silver PC = 700MHz P3, 1GB PC133, 30GB Maxtor, 60GB IBM, 200GB Seagate, 6 x 80GB Seagate on SX6000 = 400GB RAID5

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/2c_resize2.JPG[/IMG]
Dual 2405s on Ergotron 300 and NeoFlex with 5.6" LCD on Lian 6???, 2.4GHz P4 OCed to 3.3GHz, 1GB Corsair, Modded 6800, 80GB Dell Raptor, 200GB Seagate

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/4e_resize2.JPG[/IMG]
Surfing on 2405 in portrait view owns

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/5c_resize2.JPG[/IMG]
WatchGuard Firewall and Xbox, Macross rules.

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/6e_resize2.JPG[/IMG]
Intel 915GUX, 3.6GHz P4, 2GB 533 DDR2, 80GB Dell Raptor, 40GB WD for OSx86, X800GTO2 modded to X850 XT PE (not pictured, OSx86 needs the onboard vid to run @ 1920)

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/7b_resize2.JPG[/IMG]
Dell Optiplex SX270, 2.4GHz P4, 1GB RAM, 40GB;
Lian 3077B, OCed AMD 2100+, 1GB RAM, 200GB Seagate, 300GB Seagate, Removable Hotswap IDE to USB2 Rack;
Lian 6077B, Dell SC420 mobo, 3.4GHz P4, 3GB 533 DDR2, 36GB 10k SCSI, 300GB Seagate, 160GB Seagate on Removable Hotswap SATA Rack, 6 x 200GB Seagate on SX6000 = 1.2TB RAID0

MECCA RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE BATTLETECH/MECHWARRIOR MACROSS TRANFORMERS (though MicroShaft SUCK A$$$$$$, "mumbles obsecnities" ruined perfectly great game) miss MW3........:-(

I moved this december so I figured since there was a new thread new pics were in order:)

DSCN0856.JPG

DSCN0857.JPG

and the wifes rig, thats new too, not the rig, the wife part..

DSCN0861.JPG

*edit oh god those are huge, I will resize shortly
*edit2 resized:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back