2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
l0cke said:
Why do you have a fan grill on the inside?
:rolleyes:
For looks, it adds a nice sparkle when the cathode reflects off it. Now that my idea is out, I'm sure it will quickly become the new trend.

Looks like LiQuiD[EViL] and I share a common interest (see desktop below). Macross ftw. Here's mine (desk is soon to be replaced with two Parallel desks in an L-setup from Crate and Barrel). Want a 2405fpw, just don't wanna drop $$ on it with so much furniture to buy.

desk.jpg

Dell Inspiron 8600
Klipsch ProMedia 2.0s
Sennheiser HD497s
Logitech MX510
Logitech G15
Samsung Syncmaster 712N 17"

reserved + subscription : ) take n post pictures later this evening

and may i compliment with all of you here, great systems!!!

Cold Dark Shadow said:
cfull, what kind of chair is that?

Just some random chair i picked up at Office Depot 2 years ago. Its comfortable, but crappy quality. The arms cracked and tore and i had little bits of black foam everywhere, so i removed them last year. I think its imported by Reynor Marketing.

cfull said:
Just some random chair i picked up at Office Depot 2 years ago. Its comfortable, but crappy quality. The arms cracked and tore and i had little bits of black foam everywhere, so i removed them last year. I think its imported by Reynor Marketing.

Yeah I got the same chair from Office Depot about 6 months ago, damn thing is falling apart already. Like he said its comfortable but the arms broke on my pretty quick and the hydraulic pole the chair rests on is starting to wobble, Take the 150 and buy something else.

NorthStar said:
Yeah I got the same chair from Office Depot about 6 months ago, damn thing is falling apart already. Like he said its comfortable but the arms broke on my pretty quick and the hydraulic pole the chair rests on is starting to wobble, Take the 150 and buy something else.

Damn, 150? I paid 100 for mine. Though, it was on sale. Id be pretty pissed if i spent 150 on this thing....

LiQuiD[EViL] said:
Too Many PCs and Crap. Bottom Silver PC = 700MHz P3, 1GB PC133, 30GB Maxtor, 60GB IBM, 200GB Seagate, 6 x 80GB Seagate on SX6000 = 400GB RAID5

Liquid, w/ so many PC, how come there is only 1 set of keyboard and mouse? I don't think they made KVM switch on keyboard and mouse, do they?

And those Macross looks very clean, are those IP kits, did you build them yourself?

My desk after upgrading to the BenQ FP202W and new HDD plus getting ready for a major LAN party tommorow.

Happy Hopping said:
Liquid, w/ so many PC, how come there is only 1 set of keyboard and mouse? I don't think they made KVM switch on keyboard and mouse, do they?

And those Macross looks very clean, are those IP kits, did you build them yourself?

Those Macross Valkyries of his are not kits. Those are diecast transformable toys made by Yamato (either 1/60 or 1/48, i cant tell really from the pics) and/or Masterpiece Collection Robotech Veritech toys made by Toynami.

ZorPrime said:
Macross/Robotech ROCKS! Pretty nice collection there, you beat me. :( ;)

Hmmm, to throw mine up or not now...
Post post post

Happy Hopping said:

The whole KVM thing was a nightmare. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I had to worry about running dual LCDs on some of the PCs on the Hi Res 2405. I actually got two different 4 port KVMs for free. I was able to cascade them. Each 1 had different hotkeys so I'm able to get to any of the 7 PCs with just keyboard clicks.

cfull said:
Those Macross Valkyries of his are not kits. Those are diecast transformable toys made by Yamato (either 1/60 or 1/48, i cant tell really from the pics) and/or Masterpiece Collection Robotech Veritech toys made by Toynami.

Yup you're correct. On top of the Qpack is a Toynami 1/55, On the Xbox Yamato 1/48 (just amazing), on top of the Lian 6077B is a 1/55 Jetfire, Yamato 1/60 GBP, and Yamato 1/60 VF-1A.

LiQuiD[EViL] said:
Post post post

The whole KVM thing was a nightmare. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I had to worry about running dual LCDs on some of the PCs on the Hi Res 2405. I actually got two different 4 port KVMs for free. I was able to cascade them. Each 1 had different hotkeys so I'm able to get to any of the 7 PCs with just keyboard clicks.

Yup you're correct. On top of the Qpack is a Toynami 1/55, On the Xbox Yamato 1/48 (just amazing), on top of the Lian 6077B is a 1/55 Jetfire, Yamato 1/60 GBP, and Yamato 1/60 VF-1A.

Heh. I have several of those myself. Have the Yamato 1/60 VF-1S, 1/60 VF-1A, 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru, 1/48 VF-1LowVis, a Jetfire, and two of the Bandai reissue Takatoku VF-1J 1/55s. Have a couple of the hasegawa kit Valks (fighters) in the living room.

KYUUUUN KYUUUUN~

;p

cfull said:
Heh. I have several of those myself. Have the Yamato 1/60 VF-1S, 1/60 VF-1A, 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru, 1/48 VF-1LowVis, a Jetfire, and two of the Bandai reissue Takatoku VF-1J 1/55s. Have a couple of the hasegawa kit Valks (fighters) in the living room.

KYUUUUN KYUUUUN~

;p
I'm only missing the Low Vis to complete my 1/48 collection. Haven't been able to find one at a reasonable price. I see you're one of the lucky 1s. I doubt I have the skills for the hasegawas.

This is current main system. I won't bother to post pictures of my other systems, my workroom, or my consoles since I am in the middle of a move and it will all look different in a week or two once I'm moved into the new place. Besides, this system is sold anyhow once I finish my new system.

This system is an AMD XP 3200+, Mushkin Black 2-2-2 256 X2, MSI Radeon 9800 XT, Sound Blaster Live! Platinum.

Desktop.jpg

SideLight.jpg

cfull said:
Damn, 150? I paid 100 for mine. Though, it was on sale. Id be pretty pissed if i spent 150 on this thing....

Believe me, Im pissed I wasted 150 on that thing, luckily I just replaced it with a nice leather chair for christmas

dscf0581custom7wf0mc.jpg

dorm1wv5yd.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture quality, old free digital camera from Dell.

Also, the 2nd pic looks odd (keyboard and chair) because of photomerging.

I love my new setup, just put it back together in my dorm today. Got my shuttle, 2005fpw, z680s, MX Duo, iPod, PS2, router and 700m all set perfectly for my tiny dorm.

My fridge doubles nicely as a table for Shuttle, PS2 and speaker controller. Gotta make do with the small space :)

My office...

Setup360.JPG

My game room...dont mind the weak speakers they are being upgraded to some kick butt speakers...

MitsDLP.JPG

Here's mine, alittle messy, I'll try to take a cleaner shot later. From left to right: wife's computer, mini-workbench w/test computer, and my main computer workstation on right.
redworkstation3ss.jpg

TWISM said:
My office...

http://chevy.shortbox.net/twism/PC/Setup360.JPG[MG]

My game room...dont mind the weak speakers they are being upgraded to some kick butt speakers...

[IMG]http://chevy.shortbox.net/twism/PC/MitsDLP.JPG[MG][/QUOTE]

That's awesome. What is that hanging above your PC, just out of curiosity?

Love the NFS:MW setup. Beats playing it on a 19" CRT monitor like I do! ;)

RS3RS said:
That's awesome. What is that hanging above your PC, just out of curiosity?

Love the NFS:MW setup. Beats playing it on a 19" CRT monitor like I do! ;)

My brother and I are really close and he broke his wings and gave one half to me. They are supposed to be reunited when one of us passes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back