2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryuji said:
so mx-1000 is better then the higher resolution modle that has all the fancy weights and shit?

hahah nah i wouldnt say that. aiit lemme rephrase.... when the mx1000 was the only lazer mouse, up till then i had the 510, 518, ms 1.0 2.0 3.0 both bluetooth variants, etc. mx1000 wins. i would assume the g5 g6 and g7 are all good. rev tells me the weights are awesome. but me, ive alwasy loved the shape of the ms bluetooth mouse and so i loved the mx1000 cuz it had the shape i was lookin for, had a better scroll whell and of course was the first with the laser. i might have bought it 2 months after i got the 510

Common guys... look at it... it's his damn atic. I would put insulation on the door if it was the only thing between my room and the atic. Gets very cold in winters. Geez some really ignorant answer to what the insulation is for.

el rolio said:
hahah nah i wouldnt say that. aiit lemme rephrase.... when the mx1000 was the only lazer mouse, up till then i had the 510, 518, ms 1.0 2.0 3.0 both bluetooth variants, etc. mx1000 wins. i would assume the g5 g6 and g7 are all good. rev tells me the weights are awesome. but me, ive alwasy loved the shape of the ms bluetooth mouse and so i loved the mx1000 cuz it had the shape i was lookin for, had a better scroll whell and of course was the first with the laser. i might have bought it 2 months after i got the 510
i didnt like the 5xx form either, the mx-1000 feels nice and fits my hand perfectly

was buried in this massive thread somehwere, thought I'd bring it back up.
room17ao.jpg

snapgt said:
How do you like those Swan speakers?
Love them :) They do lack low bass, but they make up for it with a slight mid-bass hump. Midrange is excellent, very emotive but a tad bit grainy with some tracks. Highs are good. If you listen to a lot of rap/bass heavy music these are not for you. They sound best with Jazz, Classical, and most rock.

ryuji said:
insulation=sound deadening
That would be correct! I also have rubber strip around the door frame. When the door is closed, there is perfect silence :) Now I'm just waiting for some freezing weather to overclock the hell out of it :D

xBuddhax said:
Common guys... look at it... it's his damn atic. I would put insulation on the door if it was the only thing between my room and the atic. Gets very cold in winters. Geez some really ignorant answer to what the insulation is for.
Oh, lighten up, Scrooge.

Yea got bored of my desk setup so migrated it all to the coffee table. Looks like a mess but im going to clean up the wiring and cover it up so the dog doesn;t destroy it. The couch is really cumfy (it's a lazy boy!!) and with a nifty extended s-video out cable i can turn my 56 inch mitsubishi into a 2405 DESTROYER!!!!! Haha nah, but its definitely a trip playing CS on that monster, just don't plan on reading anything =P. I might move my file server into the desk, but its just a basic biege piece of poo, and it keeps my bandwith clean for bf2 and cs among others, so bit torrenting doesnt push me up 200-300 ping. Anyway here are the pix, I tried to run both but as soon as windows booted it would boot me off the Viewsonic, I probably have to mess with the settings for a couple seconds, but i dont have the time right now. Enjoy, I certainly do ^_^

Is that CS im running? maybe ^_^

yep, me no my favorite denver pub server

god damned gorgeous

both boot windows, but the fun ends there

just to show it aint a jedi mind trick or illusion

the beauty as it should be

VoBoy said:
I like that viewsonic LCD. Thanks to you I have a new wallpaper :) Jolie is gorgeous.

yea, it's a pretty sweet pic. I switch them around alot, but i might keep this one for a while ^_^

_Korruption_ said:
I posted in this thread, but it got buried in the whole 100-page mess ;) Might as well re-post it if the other one went down.

desk5_filtered.jpg

Same headphones!
Such good quality for only $20.

but hte stuff is so awesome. psp, dinivio, mx1000, dell flat panel, some nice speakers i dont know about, thrust control, nice desk..... mmmm goodness

yoo82 said:
Was going for a black theme but it turned into a black and silver theme. What ya think I know you can't see the other side of the room. Black glass cabinet and black bed frame. My monitor makes my black furniture FLAT in the pics!...=/

Nice desk who makes it? Can't seem to find it on Staples wp.

Qonfused said:
Same headphones!
Such good quality for only $20.
Not really. Sound is okay (I've heard much better), though I think they're very fragile. I'm on my third pair, and I don't abuse my headset any way.

Yeah, I like my lamp. Friend got it for me a few years ago for a Christman present.

Qonfused said:
Is that a stone mousepad?

o_O

No, its an everglide. Its supposed to be good for optical/laser mice. Its got tiny specs inside the plastic. Kinda strange, but works good.

chew63 said:
what kind of desk is that?

I dont know the name brand, I got it from Office Max a few years ago. I just briefly looked, and dont see it anymore. It might be there though. Ive also got the side piece, its about as long, and the "elbow" for the L shaped desk. Just dont have it on anymore, too much room. Its now in my shed outside. :/

They are a bit fragile to the touch, but the sound quality it much better than anything I've had. And plus the bass is incredible.

s640x480

Yes, I know the wallpaper is awful, it's not mine.

Athlon 64 3400+
1gig Corsair
Gigabyte GeForce 6800 (AGP) 256mb
2 x 200gig SATA
1 x 10gig ATA for testing (Currently running XP64)
LG Flatron T910B 19"
Dan 17"
Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse
SPV C550 phone (320x240 screen!)
Doritos with mild salsa dip
Dr Pepper in Guinness Pint Glass

jokke said:
Crapy pictures I took with a SE K750i cellphone ...

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload5/DSC00251.JPG

[IMG]http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload5/DSC00252.JPG[/QUOTE]

What desk is that? Nice.

that a custom mod? does the stuff inside the tinted window light up? :p its remarkably simalar to my setup, except im planning on taking a different approach on the intake fans, and i wont have a bezel door, and i have the window flush with the case no molding

hal, what kind of chair is that?

It almost looks like a reclining lazyboy that I used to use for my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back