2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
sherb said:
Here ya go.
Mac mini, 2005 fpw, PC (on floor), Powerbook G4.
desksetup1nv.jpg

ps: your monitor is awesome too. i wanna get a short short d-sub to attach to mine so when i need to use the powerbook i can split screen it maybe? ah yes that would be cool.

Cold Dark Shadow said:
heres what mine looks like right now...
http://skullwerkz.com/forumpics/workstation5.JPG
http://skullwerkz.com/forumpics/workstation6.JPG
I got to get rid of ALOT of shit lol
I just need a new desk, something that would hold alot of shit so i wont collect so damn much

Gettin a new high back leather office chair very soon, that folding BS sucks.
lol man.......id go nuts with your room :( i cant stand to have things unorginized sp*

and........begining of next year, imma send you a better keyboard.........begie.......is.........omfg nasty........you need a black keyboard man!

and whats your rigs specs btw? didnt you upgrade recently?

soulsaver

No shit dude its driving fuckin nuts :eek:

Ive been bitchin for some time now about how i cant seem to keep the damn thing clean and find places for shit, Thats why im gettin rid of this desk and pickin up a different one.

I fuckin hate my keyboard, ive been tellin my wife im goin to pick up a new one (yes it will be BLACK).Im thinkin about pickin up a Z-board, but what i think im goin to do is get just a normal black one and then keep the Z for just gaming.

Im in the process of upgrading, I need it BAD.

My rig specs are mmmm...shitty, really shitty.
X-Dreamer case
FSP PSU
1.3 duron
1GB of 2700 ram
ATI 9200
Lite- on DVDrom (gettin replaced with another NEC 3540)
NEC 3540 DVDRW

I just got the case n the link above and im goin to start hunting down parts for a new build here soon.

Im goin to keep this rig pretty much the same but in my old case for just internet stuff and whatnot and build the one in the X dreamer case, that one will be for gaming for me and the wife

hey Circuitbreaker8, you watch tv on that thing? hence remote and what looks like a receiver off to the side?

el rolio said:
hey Circuitbreaker8, you watch tv on that thing? hence remote and what looks like a receiver off to the side?

Its actually the remote for my soundcard ( X-Fi Fatal1ty )

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Its actually the remote for my soundcard ( X-Fi Fatal1ty )

Holy shizznit... :eek: you actually bought that thing? That is just a tad overpriced for my wallet....

My Current Setup.
Samsung 930b 19",XP-2600 198x11.5 2280mhz SI-97a Panaflo Highspeed 90mm,512mb Geil Value series,Coolmaster Centurion,Xconnect 500wPS,ATI 9500nonpro,BenQ 1620pro DVDRW,WD 120GB, Microsoft Wireless KB and Mouse, Creative 6.1 System, SB Audigy 2
dscf00354ur.jpg

Circuitbreaker8 said:
It was actually a present...Lol, didn't refuse :p

DAMN, can I be part of your family? :D

But in all seriousness (and not to get off topic...) But how do you like the X-Fi with the Xram? Do you notice any difference in games?

Heres mine.

I just took these 5 mins ago. Got 3 of my best buddies with me tonight.

My rig
My jack Daniels
And my Copenhagen.
Well, theres more here than that lol. Got DoD Source, BF2, HL2, CoD:UO, MOH SH, and many many more to keep me busy. Not to mention the good ol [H]

I just built this desk. Total cost was $30.00. 8x2 Kitchen counter top was 12$ and the 2x4 to build the frame it sits on was 12$ and then 6$ worth of decking screws and about 1 hour of time. Better than a jerker thats for sure. It is still a work under construction tho. I am adding a top shelf and some other nice features to it. Custum desk made how I like it = priceless.

Anyways, here are the pics

AND, this is the current build/mod i am working on. Its gonna be:
PCP&C 475W Turbo Cool w/PFC
P4 3.0E presott
Asus P4P800 Deluxe
2GB Crucial Ballistix PC3200<1gb on hand so far :D >
BFG 6800GT OC
2x74GB WD raptor 10k's in RAID-0
SB XFi
Swiftech Apex h20 cooling
The case is a Chenming Matrix i think. Much like the antec dragon etc.

PICS.

Hey Cannon, Is that a Sony LCD? If so, is it the XBrite technology? What do you think of it? Someone said prolong usage is tiredsome to your eyes because of the reflective surface, so I wonder what you think of it.

Happy Hopping said:
Hey Cannon, Is that a Sony LCD? If so, is it the XBrite technology? What do you think of it? Someone said prolong usage is tiredsome to your eyes because of the reflective surface, so I wonder what you think of it.
my laptop has one of the first xbrite lcds(got it like three or four years ago, maybe even before they called it XBRITE) never had any issues with it hurting my eyes unless i had the lcd at a bad angle and i see the refection of a light source

ryuji said:
my laptop has one of the first xbrite lcds(got it like three or four years ago, maybe even before they called it XBRITE) never had any issues with it hurting my eyes unless i had the lcd at a bad angle and i see the refection of a light source

The reason I asked that is because of this article from PC World.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,118951,00.asp

Needless to say, I always wonder if XBrite technology is so good, and it has been out for quite sometime, how come Sony is the only one who put it on desktop LCD?

Happy Hopping said:

Yep, its a Sony Xbright. It doesnt hurt my eyes at all. cant really even tell there is any difference really. Its a great monitor. Only thing i dont like about it, is that the refresh rate is locked at 60hz on DVI at the native res which is 1280x1024. It doesnt ghost, or anything tho. Has a 12ms responce time. Only have 1 dead pixel at the top right corner that is blue, but only noticable on a black screen. other than that, its a perfect gaming display.

and my pride and joy, all the networking stuff hidden in the basement:
Rig_Oct3_4.jpg

(yes, that is 4mbit dsl bridged with 6mbit cable)[/QUOTE]

What are you using to bridge the two connections with? Details pls.

Ahhh here we are again :D

Heres a Pic of my desk months on for the one posted on page 13 of this thread :D

Hope you like :D Lemmie know guys :D

Pugger

cc2096 said:
DAMN, can I be part of your family? :D

But in all seriousness (and not to get off topic...) But how do you like the X-Fi with the Xram? Do you notice any difference in games?

Hm, i'm not really a hardcore gamer so I dont run fraps everytime i play a game or do those lame benchmarks so I couldn't really tell you. Battlefield 2 seems to run smoother though, but it might just be due to a clean format. Besides that, I only play HL2 and San Andreas.

sparky1_2007: how do you like your case?
I just got one myself and it seems on air it has a hard time keepin things cool,

Also on the temp probe, did you take off the plastic sleeve or leave it on it?

CaNNoN said:
Yep, its a Sony Xbright. It doesnt hurt my eyes at all. cant really even tell there is any difference really. Its a great monitor. Only thing i dont like about it, is that the refresh rate is locked at 60hz on DVI at the native res which is 1280x1024. .

so what happen when you switch to some other non-native resolution?

Happy Hopping said:
so what happen when you switch to some other non-native resolution?

It will support higher refresh rates at lower resolutions, but i prefer to game at LEASt at 1280x1024 and no lower, so i havnt tried to game at sayyy, 1024x768 etc.

There is no ghosting or anything even with the 60hz refresh rate lock at 1280x1024 so i am still a happy gamer with this current LCD.

My Intel machine will have a Dell 2405FPW for the eye candy so if i really like that display ill invest in another for the AMD rig. for now the Sony is doing a great job.

Was going for a black theme but it turned into a black and silver theme. What ya think I know you can't see the other side of the room. Black glass cabinet and black bed frame. My monitor makes my black furniture FLAT in the pics!...=/

CYBombassDesk.JPG

yoo82 said:
Was going for a black theme but it turned into a black and silver theme. What ya think I know you can see the other side of the room. Black glass cabinet and black bed frame. My monitor makes my black furniture FLAT in the pics!...=/

CYBombassDesk.JPG

sweet desk, where did you get it?

yoo82 said:
Was going for a black theme but it turned into a black and silver theme. What ya think I know you can't see the other side of the room. Black glass cabinet and black bed frame. My monitor makes my black furniture FLAT in the pics!...=/

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cyoo/CYBombassDesk.JPG[/QUOTE]

What is that bar at the bottom of your screen with those applications on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back