2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
just finished a new desk so i thought i'd post it
P1010113Large.jpg

P1010114ps.jpg

Worklog for the desk http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=920075

My 2 main mice, I have another diamondback and a mx518 coming. I'll probably not like the 518 though, so I'll sell it again.
mysetup005.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was like you too. Use to purchase so many mice, sell them after a while after a little while. But i've always gone back to the trusty 3.0. I use to have 2 mice myself, but then thought its best to get use to one mouse!

The monitor on the far right looks really nice. Brand? I also don't know if I'd trust that tv tray to hold it up!! I have some of those to eat off of and they come in handy. :)

AOM said:
The monitor on the far right looks really nice. Brand? I also don't know if I'd trust that tv tray to hold it up!! I have some of those to eat off of and they come in handy. :)

Its gonna be wall mounted... I just took it out of the box to get a pic... if you look the plastic is still over the screen... now its back in its box. The brand is westinghouse... Really cheap LCd tv... Its for a my bedroom so im really not gonna pay over $1000 Looks great with HD even with its bad contrast ratio of 600:1... Its fine for a bedroom but not ok for living room.

I've been lurking here forever, but finally decided to post my workstation pic:

This is where I spend most of my free time...enjoying my new Samsung 712n LCD, new Unicomp IBM-style "clicky" keyboard, and new Memorex 16x DVD-RW DL

- chadt

V-e-l-o-c-i-t-Y said:

a bit messy :p (sorry the focus was off on this pic but it shows my workspace none the less)

like the mousepad ???
Okay, I'll bite (geddit?) - what's the story behind the mousepad? You a convert? I was too - back in 97. That pad looks like it came from around the same time, back when the Apple logo had multiple colors.

And I guess you like doodling on your desk... :D

chadt said:
Okay, I'll bite (geddit?) - what's the story behind the mousepad? You a convert? I was too - back in 97. That pad looks like it came from around the same time, back when the Apple logo had multiple colors.

And I guess you like doodling on your desk... :D

No i didnt switch... i got best of both worlds... my mom is a mac user and im a pc user... stole her mouse pad cuz its extremely nice... We have 2 macs and my 2 pcs... the only mac i use is the ibook

Also the doodles are just ideas or numbers/names i need to remembe.. so yeah i like to doodle :p

When school starts im going to be taking advanced welding/machining so im going to make a desk customized for my comp

*ROUGH PIC*

k heres everything cleaned up a bit and the rest of my room, and just so ya know i redid the floors like that to give a "loft" type look, like beatup but still refinished... and my bed is getting covered in galvanized steel. and i'm getting a new tv delevered tomorrow. yay for no more 9"!! lol!

DCP_0715.jpg

DCP_0716.jpg

DCP_0717.jpg

DCP_0718.jpg

DCP_0719.jpg

chadt said:
I've been lurking here forever, but finally decided to post my workstation pic:

This is where I spend most of my free time...enjoying my new Samsung 712n LCD, new Unicomp IBM-style "clicky" keyboard, and new Memorex 16x DVD-RW DL

- chadt
gotta love the lightsaber hanging on the wall. ROFL :D

Nizmatik said:
Some slight changes to setup.
As you can see from the pics, basically changed from CM Stacker to Lian-Li PC-V1100 (luckily it has a no transparent side panel window - really bad wiring job). Also changed my Logitech Z-2300 to Klipch GMX 2.1's and my previous Philips 109B55 to my Samsung 913B 19" DVI 8ms LCD. I guess I was just after cleaner look however it would be interesting to see how long I will keep this setup for :)

Before
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Nizmatik/DSCF0038.jpg

After
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Nizmatik/DSCF0037.jpg

The after looks nicer :) Those sharp line of case and display makes more stylish.
Have you been able to put whole sytem of stacker into PC-v1100??

Hmmwhy doesn't my sig work? Whenever I change something it takes time to update, grr. Anyhoo, it's in zee profile.

is that a pair of grado cans hanging there? iam thinking of getting a pair for my self. hows the qual. in your opinion?

yblocgerg said:
Hmmwhy doesn't my sig work? Whenever I change something it takes time to update, grr. Anyhoo, it's in zee profile.

Grado's are sweet as hell. Some people don't like their aggressiveness*, I absolutely love it. Best cans around if you like rock with lots of guitar work. Worked my way up the chain (those are 325i's), couple with an sr-71 amp. If you have the cash to spend on a good headphone rig, do it, now back to posting workstations!

chronic9 said:
cool case. whered u get the case feet, i like em.
I have a casemod supplier in Rio de Janeiro who makes this kind of stuff. I think he ships overseas. If you're interested, I may ask him.

i love the lighting, the colors turned out great! and the positioning of the halogens looks awsome!

mobiux said:

MrGuvernment, you will hear many other people say the same thing, so I'll just make it simple.

Some people host pictures on their servers with slow connections.... and when you quote every picture it can really hog their bandwidth.

As a common curtisey, we recommend you not quote every picture unless it is imperative that you do so. ^_^ (I would feel sad if that happened to me :( )

(I'm dieing to see how many others say the same thing)

MrGuvernment said:
how hard was it to mount a PC mobo in that apple case?

it's not a g5 case... g5 cases are a lot cleaner looking than that. It's a PC case that looks to be made by Codegen

DaCoOlNeSs said:
who cares about the bandwidth issues, I don't wanna scroll through 100 lines of pictures twice!

just switch the img tags to url tags for easy access

Newish setup (moved all my shit over to new desk area, new Lian Li, etc.)
stp2.jpg

stp1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back