2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mystic demon,

Is that old mega drive? i rem i used to have it but i havent seen around for ages lol :p

I wish bill gates or Steve Jobs post their home workstation i'd love to see em :D

DaNcE-eViL said:
hey mystic demon,

Is that old mega drive? i rem i used to have it but i havent seen around for ages lol :p

I wish bill gates or Steve Jobs post their home workstation i'd love to see em :D

That an excellent Q

towert7 said:
Well, i bet you got a good price for the FX-53 vs a FX-55.

I just came form a P3 800Mhz computer. Anyone who says a AMD FX-53 is .... something to be joked at.... is eaither rich, or......................... well, rich. ^_^ (j/k)

Is that big brown thing under your table a foot rest? I like it.
The price diff between those two was something like $100 at that time.

Well I'm far for rich, but I do spend most of my money on hardware and games.

That brown thing is indeed a very comfy ottoman, which I use as a footrest.

mobiux said:
Wife's (flash)

Sorry, it just struck me as funny.:D

I'm so jelouse of all you guy's clean dual or multi moniter set ups... and then there's me. stuck on a tiny desk with only 1 moniter. Oh well...

well I'm stuck on a huge desk with only space for one monitor... damned hutch =-/

its a sega genesis pretty much the same thing i believe. I also have a snes and nes in my closet but ima be rearranging again so i dunno i might bust them out i'll get new pics when i get my other comp and desk.

mystic demon said:
its a sega genesis pretty much the same thing i believe. I also have a snes and nes in my closet but ima be rearranging again so i dunno i might bust them out i'll get new pics when i get my other comp and desk.

What game is in the Genesis? I dont recognize it :p

Elemental said:
What game is in the Genesis? I dont recognize it :p
Rocketknight Adventures. One of the best genesis games ever. recognized it instantly :D

This is my rig. Not very impressive. New desk is in the makings, and the case modding has just begun. But, I had it cleaned, and thought I'd post anyways.

workstation1.jpg

workstation2.jpg

workstation3.jpg

workstation4.jpg

LOL sorry about the sucky picture quality, really thought my Olympus would do better...

neozenkai said:
LOL sorry about the sucky picture quality, really thought my Olympus would do better...
You know, a 20$ tripod can go a long way.... Your pictures won't come out blury, they will be clear and crips because you won't be moving the camera.

neozenkai, nice setup. What desk is that? Looks perfect for a dual-rig setup a friend of mine was going to be doing...

I got it from Office Depot a couple years ago...don't know if they carry it anymore. I'm running out of room on it, so I'm building a new one. Thanks for the comments.

svet-am said:
Rocketknight Adventures. One of the best genesis games ever. recognized it instantly :D

Correct your prize sir is a big huge cookie. They should have a post your game collection thread or somethen showoff the rest of my genesis games.

neozenkai said:
This is my rig. Not very impressive. New desk is in the makings, and the case modding has just begun. But, I had it cleaned, and thought I'd post anyways.

workstation1.jpg

holy crap !! I have the same exact desk! i bought it in staple. perfect for dual monitor/pc setup.

cons: hard to move from one to another. had to take it apart.

I'll post the pic soon.

julyccc said:
holy crap !! I have the same exact desk! i bought it in staple. perfect for dual monitor/pc setup.

I'll post the pic soon.
Can you give a link to that desk? It looks like something that would be perfect for me.

Blah425 said:
Thanks guess I will need to save up $200.

that is a full retail price. i don't remember exactly how much i paid but not 200 $

I got it on sale for abour 120 i think

my table was made by the same company and was like $200 on sale, but its a wonderful table, excessive desk space and plenty of storage :D :cool:

i used iupload when i originaly posted images, but iupload is gone now, so im posting new images with imageshack, thats a 23 inch crt (19 inch viewable)

ill take new pics when i finaly get my new dig camera

i think i got plenty of desk space, shame im using it all :p

it's like gangsters and there cars.. spend all your money on your computer, and leave none left over for food, etc. and end up LIVING in your computer... :p

julyccc said:

I'll post the pic soon.

Yeah, it's okay. It's getting too small for me though. And yeah, moving it is a pain in the ass.

AOD said:
Here's the link....Office Depot still has it b/c my friend just bought one a while back. Really nice desk but maybe pricey for some?

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do...00132&An=browse

Holy crap!!! They still sell it! However, I paid like $300 for it.

CYRiX said:
Do you like to work out? (Theres a treadmill in the bottom right corner)

lol i work out, but not with that stationary bike ( its not a tradmill btw). i just use it as a ' multi-purpose' storage rack where i hang my headphones and other stuff on. it also hold the curtain up so i can have sunlight behind my desk lol :D

icehokplyr said:
Okay here's my set-up. I think the majority of us agree on the logitec keyboard and mouse. LOL
got me on the mx-1000 but not the keyboard

:D

Some slight changes to setup.
As you can see from the pics, basically changed from CM Stacker to Lian-Li PC-V1100 (luckily it has a no transparent side panel window - really bad wiring job). Also changed my Logitech Z-2300 to Klipch GMX 2.1's and my previous Philips 109B55 to my Samsung 913B 19" DVI 8ms LCD. I guess I was just after cleaner look however it would be interesting to see how long I will keep this setup for :)

Before
DSCF0038.jpg

After
DSCF0037.jpg

Heres mine. Sorry its such a mess, i just got done refinishing the floors (the black is part of a large X i had an idea for one late night lol) and building the bed i'm standing on.
i'm building a desk soon so this'll be cleaned up ALOT, i'll take a picture afterwords :thumbup: but anyways here ya are!

workstation.jpg

again, i'm cleaning up the mess, lol so dont mind it... i've been lazy, that sanding killed me...

(the pic wont work :confused: all the pics work in the other forums i visit?? )
nevermind, signed up for photobucket :D
and yes... that is an ashtray on my laptop... :p

desk.jpg

yes i can sit at my comp and watch movies and TV
dont mine the edited part, thats where i keep my women caged :D

main desktop:
Never mind the crappy mx, I have a diamondback there now. Gets a bit of use, mainly when I'm gaming.
sigdesktop.jpg

My secondary desktop:
Dual monitors are awsome, but I rarely use this setup anyways.
mysetup001.jpg

My usual setup: Lappy, couch, TV and PS2. That TV sucks, I'm getting a 27" sony soon.
mysetup003.jpg

Shameless plug for the best movie ever.
mysetup002.jpg

My 2 main mice, I have another diamondback and a mx518 coming. I'll probably not like the 518 though, so I'll sell it again.
mysetup005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back