2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1010002.jpg

ashmedai said:
I've seen that one, it didn't strike me as terribly sturdy though...
actually its surprisingly well-built considering how cheap it is. the table is about 1.5" thick and manages to hold up very well.

ive got a minimum of 35 pounds on all three parts of my desk. far more on some than others. overall i really like it. :)

It's nice, its just that my desk has to support a 21" CRT for starters. Not to comfortable putting that on something that's made out of 1/2" thick particle board. Since you have less weight to support, it works much better. And it IS pretty cheap.

The supports. Plus all they have for bracing is a piece of cardboard across the back. One good bump & ya snap one.

Yeah my brother had that table......its all pressboard, it wasnt to studry, and we cracked a bit of it putting it together pressboard is very :( but it was a leet desk.....more than enough room to put 4 computers on (we would set up mine, his, and 2 of his friends to play everquest all night :p) talking about one hot room tho

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
Yeah my brother had that table......its all pressboard, it wasnt to studry, and we cracked a bit of it putting it together pressboard is very :( but it was a leet desk.....more than enough room to put 4 computers on (we would set up mine, his, and 2 of his friends to play everquest all night :p) talking about one hot room tho

Exactly.

It'd kick ass if it was more durable, or maybe you could reinforce it or something.

SLiCkFX said:
Check out this desk and chair. Looks comfy.

japdesk2.jpg

Hey SLiCkFX, where did you find that desk?? Do you know of a place to purchase the desk and chair?? I'd at least want the chair and maybe the desk too. :)

SLiCkFX said:
Thanks, I updated some stuff since then. BTW, I just saw your setup, nice colors and atmosphere. I likes!!

http://www.burntware.com/setup/newa.jpg

I became a Dell LCD whore because of the prices. :p

Anyone want to buy my two 17" Princeton LCDs? I need to replace them with Dell 17" to match the others. :D

Not trying to pry but curious if you dont mind telling me what you do as a job, little/big details dosent matter..........and also if you use that setup for your job, thanks :)

soulsaver_8229

That’s my Sony Ericsson P910a and Philips pronto pro remote. The P910a is getting a little long in the tooth but the P1000 or what ever they will call it should have everything and be thinner or so some say. The remote is great. I’ve customized all the screens to control my three TiVos, TV, receiver and DVD all that stuff. The best part is that it has RF built in and I can send commands for everything to the RF to IR the front room from anywhere around the house.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp...oader&php=php1_10185&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10185

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...proxybuster=YUPAWYTVQIAT5J0RMRCSHQFHKFSESI5P#

chronic9 said:
how did u suspend the LCDs like that in mid air, where is the arm located, i cant seem to find a hint of it in the pic

Thanks guys.

Chronic9- The arm is wall mounted with a large, thick metal plate just the left of the 24” display. I took the picture as so to hide it. :) It has the 18" extender with the Heavy-Duty Ergoton arm.

Coolazn- You have to find me to burn me. :p

I worked hard getting the wires through the wall and want to do the same for the phone just to get it that much more clean. I was able to find some 16’ DVI, USB and power cables so I can move the arm all over the place but most likely never will. I’ve got it just where I want it. Some days I move it up or down a bit if I’m laying way back in the chair. I think it looks great so far and the Ergotron stuff is built like a tank. I think it will be able to handle two 30” LCDs if I ever upgrade. I’m going to try and get a good night shot will the blue LED keyboard, mouse, speakers, remote and phone.

but how did the horizontal lcd merge w/ the vertical lcd? Or is there a separate arm as well?

I was wondering the same myself...what desk is that? Also if you don't mind telling me....how much did you give for your remote? Cheapest I can find it is $500+, I thought you might be able to link me if you found it cheaper. Thx :)

Thx SLiCkFX.....the chair is a Baron Ergonomic Mesh Chair.....the desk wasn't listed on their site yet. I contacted them to ask them as to where I can purchase one of the chairs. :D

Heh heh, nice! Poor computer has to sit on an unsafe chair, must be frightened for it's life! :p

LOL....my grandmother has that kitchen table too....it's actually quiet nice :)

lesman said:
Heh heh, nice! Poor computer has to sit on an unsafe chair, must be frightened for it's life! :p
Heh, it's better than the end of the table. Having it sit there made me worry so I moved it. My preciousssss....

ericlikeseatin said:
i think you get more sunlight than half of us here with your setup in the kitchen like that
LMAO! It was interesting to have it there :D, much different than the cave that is known as my room.

lol@the table comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back