2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
t3mp said:

man i love that room, and set up......is that your house or some sorta studio? if thats your house when can i move in?! and that artwork owns, you do it or someone else?........god i just love that room best room IMO so far

soulsaver_8229

what are those 4 pic. suppose to be?[/QUOTE]

From the artist:

Formally the paintings deal with the idea of color, space, texture [surface treatment], linear qualities and the compositional organization. It was created with the non objective, biomorphic or organic shapes instead of geometric. The three paintings is what is called a triptych, which is one painting.

The materials have just as much to do with the painting as the act of painting itself. I utilized hardboard instead of canvas. I used 1x2's to create the frames base. Once assembled, I utilized only acrylic black to white paint creating multiple shades of gray in between, creating a grayscale image. The color is introduced by using sheets of acrylic. These sheets of acrylic represent true, pure color. They are manufactured so they are as exactly as they seem - Blue - Orange - Yellow. In truth I want to continue the series to incorporate many more colors.

The acrylic sheets are bolted to the painting leaving space between the paint and the sheets of color. The compositions are created by negative and positive space from the linear elements and graphic shapes. The contrasts created by the light to dark grayscale radiate from the painting - through the empty space - into the color where the eye of the viewer translates / visual mixes the color in their eye.

The act of visual mixing the painting by the viewer gives the viewer the ability to interact with the painting and however slightly with the artist as well. The painting is an investigation into the core of each color sheet individually instead of many colors on one painting.

If you have any other questions --- please just ask and my husband will give me the post. Thanks.

:D <3 my wife.

See what happens when you ask silly questions?

soulsaver_8229 said:
man i love that room, and set up......is that your house or some sorta studio? if thats your house when can i move in?! and that artwork owns, you do it or someone else?........god i just love that room best room IMO so far

soulsaver_8229

Thanks soulsaver. TBH the pics are dark enough to hide all of the imperfections in the metal. As in coster rings and other crap that wont wash off. Carpet looks like ass, I need to replace the base boards...list goes on and on.

Course, I need to stop buying hardware before I can afford all that :p Just purchased a 6800GT to replace my aging -with grace dammit- 9800pro.

t3mp said:
I just went through this entire thread, and god there are some NICE setups. Slicks was my fav. Damn nice!!

Thanks, I updated some stuff since then. BTW, I just saw your setup, nice colors and atmosphere. I likes!!

newa.jpg

I became a Dell LCD whore because of the prices. :p

Anyone want to buy my two 17" Princeton LCDs? I need to replace them with Dell 17" to match the others. :D

SLiCkFX said:
Thanks, I updated some stuff since then. BTW, I just saw your setup, nice colors and atmosphere. I likes!!

Anyone want to buy my two 17" Princeton LCDs? I need to replace them with Dell 17" to match the others. :D
!!!!!I literally said "oh my god!!" out very loud when I saw your breathtaking setup! Yikes, props, my friend! And I'm angry at you as well...because you own all of that and I don't! :p

SLiCkFX said:

http://www.burntware.com/setup/newa.jpg

do you really need all those lcds? BTW, how much for one of the 17" lcds? my mom needs one for her non-gaming POS emachine for when we move. PM me!

SLiCkFX said:

snip

Do you have more than one monitor? Perhaps it's overcompensation for a much smaller problem.

How long does it take you to move your cursor from one side to the other???

Very nice set up man...im jealous

SLiCkFX said:

Care to donate them to my poor ass? Rich peeps suxer :p Just kidding, props to you being able to afford such a setup.

p0stal said:
How long does it take you to move your cursor from one side to the other???

Get a Logitech MX1000, turn it all the way up...and about five minutes.

t3mp said:
what are those 4 pic. suppose to be?

From the artist:

Formally the paintings deal with the idea of color, space, texture [surface treatment], linear qualities and the compositional organization. It was created with the non objective, biomorphic or organic shapes instead of geometric. The three paintings is what is called a triptych, which is one painting.
[/QUOTE]

t3mp, very enlighting. With acrylic, if you accidentally spill water on the painting, what would happen? Or say you sneeze?

Why not just use enamel or lacquer?

Anyone know or remember that thread where that guy was building that massive desk? It was practically a bookshelf and desk custom fitted into the side of a wall?

I'd definitely get that desk and chair...is that real? I can envision a mac mini with the bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse setup sitting on top of that desk! Looks beautiful!

ashmedai said:
$10k for a desk? I do just fine with my Studio RTA adjustables, thanks.
well i was kidding... but who knows?

maybe i shouldve put a wink beside my entry instead of a guy sticking out his tongue...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back