2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
those that think you have a crappy desk--add some shelves above, its a cheap alternative.

Just a suggestion since I see a lot of posts stating how crappy their desk is when it looks fine. I used a freaken door for a desk and unless I told you, you wouldnt know.

Pkirk618 said:
those that think you have a crappy desk--add some shelves above, its a cheap alternative.

Just a suggestion since I see a lot of posts stating how crappy their desk is when it looks fine. I used a freaken door for a desk and unless I told you, you wouldnt know.
Im gonna try it, a door is very large both ways put it on a couple of blocks and we'll be set

hi
look at the pictures.. do you see wolverine's claw??? its there

1.jpg

2.jpg

w00t? you make me wanna scream!!

This is an awesome setup. I lurked in your worklog, but never had read about your monitors...
Quite a lot of money on your desk.

cool stuff lisa!!! Doh! nice little house you have there in fel, looks like maybe near brit? on the lake @ the back of blackthorns? i still play in 2d might give 3d a try some day :)
samuri char too !! by the looks of things :)

What the Hell Kinda Case is that? Is 3 Apple Cinema Displays really Necessary? Honestly...

Defyant said:
cool stuff lisa!!! Doh! nice little house you have there in fel, looks like maybe near brit? on the lake @ the back of blackthorns? i still play in 2d might give 3d a try some day :)
samuri char too !! by the looks of things :)

Nope it's near Minoc and she's a tailor. ;) Hoping to make elder today.

The case is some POS bought for £25.

DarkMonkey said:
myroom1.jpg

myroom2.jpg

myroom3.jpg

myroom4.jpg

'fridge.jpg

Yes that's a teddy bear on my bed, no matter how many pillows I've tried they just can't compete with the perfect thickness of my teddy :) and as dirty as my room is, look at how tidy my computer is :D

Good God that is disgusting.....

The filth!..... Must.... Shower........

HAHAAH in that pic ^^ of that nasty ass room i could take a mean ass shit in there and i bet he wouldnt even know

Stellar said:
Yea, wouldn't want to waste precious guitar playing time washing the stains out of your blanket, getting a real pillow, cleaning the mold out of your carpet, or actually picking up your trash and placing it in a trash can of some sort.

I'm sure your room smells just like bakery fresh cinamon rolls.
Cut it out, personal attacks like that are NOT welcome here. Don't wanna be the tattler, but I also don't wanna bring this to the mods, which I'm seriously contemplating. Better end that shit right fucking now.

Reminds me of that old top 10 list on how to spot a geek....

"Spotless computer, trashy environment" :D

Nice rigs yall....

DarkMonkey said:
Actually that IS flaming, but I went to a highschool that was 95% idiots, so I got used to stupidity.

I don't really care about how tidy my room is, if I wanted it clean bad enough, I'd take the time to clean it. But as long as I've got enough room on the floor to play my guitar and use my effects loop and open my minifridge without moving something, I don't particularly care. I'd rather spend my time doing something useful than waste my time digging through boxes of stuff because I was stupid enough to waste even more time putting it all away in the first place.

not to flame or anything but there is a huge difference between tidy and dirty. Your room definately falls into the dirty category.

the sheer fact that you sleep on a mattress with no sheets, on a bear that has sweat stains and have a pillow covered in sweat stains with no pillow case in itself says something.

k... and now we return to our regularly schedulded thread

I wanna build my new desk out of dead motherboards.
With a big o plastic top, like glass, that I can look down into those motherf'er'boards that diead, and truely honor them....
crap
up too late
tired
...motherboard desk....the hell?

thought id show off my simple setup:

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

had to go long ways to show off the posters ;)

oh, and yeah, i know, my photography needs a little work.

pianobench.jpg

Where do you guys rest your butt? I'm looking for a new chair. Currently I'm using a piano bench..... Not very comfortable.

Staples is having a chair sale right now but how good are those chairs. I don't want to get anything that won't last and I also don't want to spend the dollars for a herman miller.

Suggestions?

garage81, i love your set up. its very zen...in a way. all these people with their super fancy desks, chairs, etc....yours is MUCH more elegant :)

potatobean said:
pianobench.jpg

Where do you guys rest your butt? I'm looking for a new chair. Currently I'm using a piano bench..... Not very comfortable.

Staples is having a chair sale right now but how good are those chairs. I don't want to get anything that won't last and I also don't want to spend the dollars for a herman miller.

Suggestions?

where did you get that desk? it looks like a piece thats a ikea...

see? All that setup needs are some overhead shelves and of course--a chair but I like that desk.

got some new stuff lately. DiNovo BT combo, Z-5500 speakers and HL2 and finally cleaned up my desk a little bit, still need to work on cables tho.
here are some pictures
sorry for too many pictures ...

post comments if any.
thx guys...

Nice stuff, you need more computer cases to hide the wires though I guess. ;)

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Yeah i think he has two 23" and one 30".....so lucky

you know you're a gamer when: you want to load up WoW and have full 360 enwrapment of vision at all times.

its not much,i like plain and emptyness, and a whole bunch of open space so i like to keep things clean and simple so here it is
dcp012106iw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back