2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobb said:
well first post here..

the first pic was taken about 3 weeks ago, 2nd pic was taken 2 weeks ago.. then after that is current.... down to 3 dells atm but only using 2 on desk the 3rd is in the box you'll see the pic.. and one thing i noticed all these killer setups but no one is rocking the cooler master stacker cm wtf people get with the program!

going to be remodeling the room.. knocking out the wall the desk is against :p so new pics soon!

Welcome from Neowin, I hope not to see your setup every other page. BTW, what did you do with the other Dells?

Finally got photos of what I use at NASA.

nasa001.jpg

(G5, 23" cinema display)

And these are photos of the G5's that make up the cluster... we built the cluster right after we took the photos...

nasa002.jpg

nasa003.jpg

Pyke, you should take another pic with the lights on... can't really see much of anything in that pic.

Haloevo said:
hey jacob, can I ask why you went from three LCD's to Four LCD's to 2 LCD's? :p

I guess you started off hardcore and wanted 3... then you said "oh man would it be sweet to have four"... but then you finally noticed "this is pointless" and went back to two? :D :p

well i actually started off with 1.. then got 2.. 3..4 ..then figured eh im not a uber big fan of these ne more so its time to sell them. :p sold 1.. have 3 left.. only using 2 cuz using 3 hurts my neck :(

Sorry bout that previous lighting, thought it looked cool. Here it is with the main light on.
pykeworkstation21nd.jpg

atlwriter said:
How did you take that picture? It looks great!
Just took a few overlapping photos and stitched them together with panoramafactory (great software btw.)

ukk0 said:
Just took a few overlapping photos and stitched them together with panoramafactory (great software btw.)

Nice man, I like your setup looks good.

jacobb said:
well i actually started off with 1.. then got 2.. 3..4 ..then figured eh im not a uber big fan of these ne more so its time to sell them. :p sold 1.. have 3 left.. only using 2 cuz using 3 hurts my neck :(

how much ya willing to sell one for. :D

Pyke said:
Sorry bout that previous lighting, thought it looked cool. Here it is with the main light on.
pykeworkstation21nd.jpg

That monitor is great! I'm using it right now. :) [just the white version] :cool:

Oh! Same speakers as you as well. :p But I'm returning mine and getting some Z-680's instead. :eek:

Picture120.jpg

Picture111.jpg

BTW this is in my Garage, To the lt work table and TV, To the right 4x8 AFX track :p

i got a bit higher then ultra spec Tazzman... why dont you give it a try

ryuji said:
i got a bit higher then ultra spec Tazzman... why dont you give it a try
Mines a 5900 128 meg, Yours is the 5950 250 meg, I dont think I can get more out of it, Tried 3 times, Wont boot past 450 :( Im happy where it is, Ill wait 6 months when the $400 cards are at 150-175 and upgrade then. Which 5950 do you have? Mines a evga

Haloevo said:
how much ya willing to sell one for. :D
wells i got one i never even used just put on desk for display purpose :p trying to get 525+shipping :>

Tazzman said:
Mines a 5900 128 meg, Yours is the 5950 250 meg, I dont think I can get more out of it, Tried 3 times, Wont boot past 450 :( Im happy where it is, Ill wait 6 months when the $400 cards are at 150-175 and upgrade then. Which 5950 do you have? Mines a evga
i have a 5900 NU flashed as a 5950 with max voltage bios can tell it to give.. in reality none of the 59xx cores really use 256 mb.. having 256 mb gives you about a 4-6% gain.. no more

You're absolutely right. Benched it against my other systems 4800SE, the 4800 kicked it's ass

The Desk below is was custmade form the ground up and made to fit :smash:. The two top thingeys on the desk can be taken on and off for future ugrades and etc. Which will most likely come in handy.

I am sorry that these shots are not very nice or etc.. I didnt have time to clean or etc so parden me for my mess :p. Also Only my dads computer is hitched up and nothing is in their right places.

{{Room will be compleated soon and good pictures will be posted }}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Plaining Drawings
Idea2.bmp

DeslIdea1.bmp

------------------------------------------------------------------​
The Pictures :D

DarkDeskView.jpg

Angle2.jpg

Angle3.jpg

Angle1.jpg

EXTREAMLY MESSEY
FarView.jpg

LIGHTS
TrackLighting.jpg

Other Side OF The Room :p
ClositDoors.jpg

{Also I am no rich @$$ or etc.. The entire room was done by me
and my dad.. and we had a hell of a lot of fun doing this :D }​

wow... B E A utiful.... major props and kudos to you and your dad.

wanna come over to my place and help me put a desk together like that?? :)

It took a heck of a long time and im happy that you guys like it...
Thanks

Okay, I was trying to avoid this but after you called that Messy, I just have to post pics of my room...

myroom1.jpg

myroom2.jpg

myroom3.jpg

myroom4.jpg

'fridge.jpg

Yes that's a teddy bear on my bed, no matter how many pillows I've tried they just can't compete with the perfect thickness of my teddy :) and as dirty as my room is, look at how tidy my computer is :D

^^^^ How are you going to get a decent looking chick to stay the night>? ^^^^^^

( or any chick )

DR_K13 said:
^^^^ How are you going to get a decent looking chick to stay the night>? ^^^^^^

( or any chick )

He isnt, or he wont take them into that room haha with stains on carpet etc ;)

Im still lovin the comps and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back